SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:49 am

^ OMG. The "reasons" as to why he pulled out in that Huffington Post article!! laugh out loud laugh out loud

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:07 pm

That article is funny. And who did he go to for answers ? RS laugh out loud
TPTB self appointed rep. Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 3806527698

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:41 pm

hopelessly_devoted wrote:Another interesting tidbit gleened from this debacle.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 Image32

I would assume that the two years would commence upon betrothal. Because Disney owns the media rights to a marriage ceremony between the parties for two years, the couple would be unable to shop it elsewhere during that time. JMO, assuming the statement in the tweet is accurate.

I am interested to see if Disney now pulls the plug on this project.

Someone refresh my memory.. what does it mean when ABC "owns" them? Aka, what does being a lead/under contract. I remember they get the rights to keep ring if they break up, televise a wedding on ABC over any other network, etc. sorry OT a bit

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:45 pm

I would assume that the two years would commence upon betrothal. Because Disney owns the media rights to a marriage ceremony between the parties for two years, the couple would be unable to shop it elsewhere during that time. JMO, assuming the statement in the tweet is accurate.

I'm sorry, I'm out of it today. What does this mean? And pull the plug on what project?

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:59 pm

I do think Ben cannot going forward on his candidacy even he likes it coz abc told him he needs to withdraw. Since Ben is still on their contract and just recently signed another reality spin off at free form network . Wether he likes it or not Abc owns them at this point . And to add their upcoming tv wedding on abc network . I think as of now they can't do other projects of different networks or whatsoever . Not sure after their own show and wedding on tv is over . Maybe they could . Jmo .

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 Eb97c9
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 9zt107Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 XgicucBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 Oaw2uvBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 2pqw5k8Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 30szzauBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:07 pm

If I'm not mistaken, TPTB own the first rights to televise and publicize the wedding. They can obviously say no and then the couple has the that to do what they want. (Des/Chris situation). I vaguely also remember talk that for a certain period of time MF and his company get a portion of the paycheck if the lead went on DWTS for example. But I don't know how accurate that really is.

ABC doesn't own them for life, but does for a certain period of time and they have more freedom. If they stay on their good graces it brings up more future opportunities.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 86669110 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 12 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:35 pm

hopelessly_devoted wrote:http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_579264b4e4b01180b52ee0fb

June 21, 2016: Higgins sends a letter to Colorado GOP leaders announcing his new reality show on Freeform with his fiancée, Lauren Bushnell. In said letter, he talks about the show and how it “represents a unique opportunity for spreading our message of less government and more personal freedom to even more people.”

IMO, this particular misstep gave Disney sufficient grounds to unleash the legal team on Ben H.

Totally Agreed. I gave some side eye the first time I read this, but then moved on and forgot.

I'm really surprised this wasn't fully vetted by both sides (Ben, personally and campaign-wise, and ABC, not just Bachelor) before the soft launch. The fact that it wasn't and that we are here makes me think it's a really good thing he isn't running right now. It all feels a little rushed and he should take a few years to get more involved in local politics and think through what it takes to enter the scene before jumping in feet first.
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:25 pm

allykat wrote:

I'm really surprised this wasn't fully vetted by both sides (Ben, personally and campaign-wise, and ABC, not just Bachelor) before the soft launch. The fact that it wasn't and that we are here makes me think it's a really good thing he isn't running right now. It all feels a little rushed and he should take a few years to get more involved in local politics and think through what it takes to enter the scene before jumping in feet first.

I agree with this as well.  I wondered how he would be able to handle all that this would have entailed and keep  up his Charity endeavours as well.
Somebody was not on top of things, since he was not advised of the complications that might arise.
Junequilts
Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm out of it today. What does this mean? And pull the plug on what project?

Speculating whether Freeform would continue to film or cancel Ben and Lauren's reality show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:47 pm

hopelessly_devoted wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:

Speculating whether Freeform would continue to film or cancel Ben and Lauren's reality show.
An ok. But why would they pull the plug on it if Ben isn't even running? Is it because the thought of him running got out to the public?

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by BohemianNika Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Freeform has picked up Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After, a new reality series that will follow the couple as they get ready to walk down the aisle and start their life together. Outside of their relationship, Ben will find himself getting involved in the political world while Lauren works to mold her identity outside of the show. wrote:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/22/bachelor-spinoff-ben-and-lauren-happily-ever-after

IMO the producers were on board with Ben running for office from the get go, because it was part of the initial press release. My guess is Disney lawyers pulled the plug on it. Which means no bad blood between Benlo and the producers - again IMO.

MeAndI fan
BohemianNika
BohemianNika

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:02 pm

^ ABC out rules the producers though. ABC is the entire network..they are the boses of the producers on all the ABC shows..

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq