SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - BIP - Famously Single - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 76 of 77 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cali - Josh Murray - BIP - Famously Single - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 76 Empty Re: Josh Murray - BIP - Famously Single - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Beagle Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:36 pm

That note looks handwritten by the same interns that write the date cards. Hugesmile

Such a planted story. Rolling Eyes
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

cali - Josh Murray - BIP - Famously Single - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 76 Empty Re: Josh Murray - BIP - Famously Single - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:41 pm

We'll (or y'all will because I most likely won't be able to bring myself to watch laugh out loud) have to wait and see how it plays out during the epi.  I'm certainly not one to defend Carly or anyone else's bad behavior.  Nor would I make fun of someone's religion, beliefs or lack there of.  

But IMO, it has nothing to do with the book (being religious themed - daily devotional) or Josh's beliefs and everything do to with his attitudes and actions.  His words and actions never quite seem to match up when he gets on his high horse.  IMO, it turns into more of a do as I say, not as I do or vice versa and then tries to use his beliefs to justify it all.  JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:44 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Nothing wrong with reading books and inspirational ones and I don't think they are making fun of him for that. I think they are calling Josh out on his BS of coming across like he thinks he is better than anyone else because he reads these books. This is how Josh has been for years so it's nothing new.

IMO, Josh needs to get off his high horse and read a book on how to respect women and then apply it.

ITA! The note is A LOT. I totally get telling yourself words of affirmation, and I think self love and respect is super important but the note was odd. I think they're also calling him out for his shallow thinking. He reads these books and instead of introspection and actual self help, he recites these quotes as if that's all there is to it while not making any real effort to change and improve IMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:11 am

Ladybug82 wrote:IMO, it has nothing to do with the book (being religious themed - daily devotional) or Josh's beliefs and everything do to with his attitudes and actions.  His words and actions never quite seem to match up when he gets on his high horse.  IMO, it turns into more of a do as I say, not as I do or vice versa and then tries to use his beliefs to justify it all.  JMOAA
I agree Just to add: for all that Josh reads he doesn't seem to apply it to anyone else but himself. In his eyes he is above reproach and it's everyone else that is the problem but him. Total delusion and narcissism, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:12 am

I don't think josh thinks he needs any self improvement and this book is more for him to survive in this unjust world that doesn't respect him and understand how he's just the best.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Southerngal Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 am

I agree. Josh doesn't seem to be able to recognize his own faults. And when someone points out his faults, he blames someone else rather than than take ownership and learn.

Southerngal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:25 am

Eviebloom wrote:I think that book is the Purpose Driven Life and it is a good book to read.  I think it is a bit offensive if they are making fun of him for that.  If he was of a different religion than Christian would they make fun?  I think we should be opened minded to different religions and not make fun of them.  Who knows what the little card is or if the producers planted that card.  It is rude to read a note that was not intended for them also.  This is manufactured drama that is mean  spirited in my view.

This is the show.
They have shown cast throughout the seasons, foraging through other casts luggage and belongings etc. This is nothing new. They have shown cast mocking other cast for their belongings in the past, clothing etc, so again, nothing new. They have had cast mocking cast for personal smells, facial and body features, so again nothing new.
This is the show.
This show is not meant to be anything, but snarky, IMO.
BTW, my opinion is the note was written by his Mom.
Let me add, I have several devotional books in the same genre and I am Jewish. So I didn't take it as a religious snark and the show did not snark on that take.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:57 am

Kashathediva wrote:
Eviebloom wrote:I think that book is the Purpose Driven Life and it is a good book to read.  I think it is a bit offensive if they are making fun of him for that.  If he was of a different religion than Christian would they make fun?  I think we should be opened minded to different religions and not make fun of them.  Who knows what the little card is or if the producers planted that card.  It is rude to read a note that was not intended for them also.  This is manufactured drama that is mean  spirited in my view.

This is the show.
They have shown cast throughout the seasons, foraging through other casts luggage and belongings etc. This is nothing new. They have shown cast mocking other cast for their belongings in the past, clothing etc, so again, nothing new. They have had cast mocking cast for personal smells, facial and body features, so again nothing new.
This is the show.
This show is not meant to be anything, but snarky, IMO.
BTW, my opinion is the note was written by his Mom.
Let me add, I have several devotional books in the same genre and I am Jewish. So I didn't take it as a religious snark and the show did not snark on that take.
Good post. I maybe took it wrong. Josh does need to work on practicing what he preaches. I am sure I can work on that too. Carly, Evan and Josh all are acting petty in my view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:29 am

We all could work on bettering ourselves. LOL IMO beatingheart

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:38 am

Josh can read? j/k! cali - Josh Murray - BIP - Famously Single - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 76 1f61c
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:43 am

Kels0012 wrote:Josh can read? j/k! cali - Josh Murray - BIP - Famously Single - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 76 1f61c

He can as long as what he's reading doesn't go beyond simple platitudes.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by emeraldluvsbama Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:45 am

It is an amazing book! Watching this clip and watching Carly in general has made me come to the conclusion that she is a total mean girl. ...And it is known all around Nashville that Evan has nothing to do with his kids. Tell me what kind of person he is.

emeraldluvsbama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 77 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - BIP - Famously Single - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+84
iamreal2u
poohbear
allykat
Buckeye_Fan
Ash2214