SELECT CONTENT

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion

Page 74 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

jojoandjordan - JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion  - Page 74 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion

Post by ReneeM Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:12 am

Other than with Jason Mesnick (where I truly got emotional and yelled at my tv when he picked melissa bc WRONG) I think the leads always choose right on the basis of I think you should pick who you really want and it'll either work or it won't as with any relationship. Yeah maybe people can say the other person's better but it doesn't matter how good for you or to you someone is, if you don't really want them it'll never work IMO

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

jojoandjordan - JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion  - Page 74 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:14 am

sosleepy wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
sosleepy wrote:IDK. I personally liked Jef/Emily and loved Jillian/Ed.  I could have written some of the posts defending Jordan, just like sub in Ed's name or whatever. laugh out loud I'm keeping my distance this time...  Because I feel like I know how this one ends. laugh out loud

Clearly I've been wrong before though, not like wishing them a broken engagment, it's just not something I can get excited about.
I think Jef and Emily were on two different planets. And it showed immensely IMO.

I definitely agree with you there. Of course, we have the benefit of hindsite. Before things blew up, Jef and Emily had a TON of fans who believed in them very much.
Yeah, most of the couples do. Even as the show was airing though, I thought "do these two even like each other as friends, let alone lovers?" I just didn't get it. And neither did they IMO.

I just feel like personality wise, the couples who GET each other and ACCEPT one another for who they are (flaws and all), obviously have that bond that I'm talking about IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:16 am

ReneeM wrote:Other than with Jason Mesnick (where I truly got emotional and yelled at my tv when he picked melissa bc WRONG) I think the leads always choose right on the basis of I think you should pick who you really want and it'll either work or it won't as with any relationship. Yeah maybe people can say the other person's better but it doesn't matter how good for you or to you someone is, if you don't really want them it'll never work IMO
JoJo even said something like this in an interview. Something about Jordan was the one she wanted, so she could never just go with the safe bet, if he was the one that had her heart and yada yada.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:16 am

When a man proposes marriage to a woman (after 2 months of non-exclusive dating) because that woman gave him an ultimatum (get blessing and give ring) or else I'm ending it tomorrow, I don't see much maturity in the realm of relationships in the woman, in the man, or in them as a couple. So.many.red.flags.

JMOAA
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:20 am

MiaHawk wrote:When a man proposes marriage to a woman (after 2 months of non-exclusive dating) because that woman gave him an ultimatum (get blessing and give ring) or else I'm ending it tomorrow, I don't see much maturity in the realm of relationships in the woman, in the man, or in them as a couple. So.many.red.flags.

JMOAA
He's talked about that whole situation a little more in interviews post finale. And red flags or not, they SEEM to be doing more than well right NOW...3 months post filming. And that's all that matters IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:25 am

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:When a man proposes marriage to a woman (after 2 months of non-exclusive dating) because that woman gave him an ultimatum (get blessing and give ring) or else I'm ending it tomorrow, I don't see much maturity in the realm of relationships in the woman, in the man, or in them as a couple. So.many.red.flags.

JMOAA
He's talked about that whole situation a little more in interviews post finale. And red flags or not, they SEEM to be doing more than well right NOW...3 months post filming. And that's all that matters IMO.

The vast majority of couples do fine (at least publicly) this early! Heck, at this point where Jo^3 is now, Jef/Emily went to Africa, and he moved across country and was coaching The Green Beans. laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:32 am

Mommyof2 wrote:but if someone is truly happy, truly content, there is no need to look elsewhere 
Most sensible people with character would end their relationship before "looking elsewhere" but maybe that's just me. no idea 

Good luck keeping Jordan happy and content all of the time JoJo because if not he will just look elsewhere laugh out loud

Clearly IMO....

Last edited by Diana on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:54 am

Diana wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:but if someone is truly happy, truly content, there is no need to look elsewhere 
Most sensible people with character would end their relationship before "looking elsewhere" but maybe that's just me. no idea 

Good luck keeping Jordan happy and content all of the time JoJo because if not he will just look elsewhere laugh out loud

The act of cheating is definitely wrong. But just writing off people who have cheated as those who lack character is very black and white and ignores the variety of reasons people do it IMO. I'm sure it's easier for the exes to see Jordan as this evil person who enjoys hurting people for sport because maybe that's their own experience with him but it's not always that simple because people are rarely that simple. Jordan seems confident but it's obvious to me at least that he has/had a lot of insecurities related to football and his brother (which is why IMO brittany added on the unnecessary hashtags about that in her posts), and I think letting go of football has probably helped let go of some on those. Only time will tell with this relationship as with them all, but even if it doesn't work out that still doesn't necessarily make him this terrible person, sometimes relationships end because not everyone is meant to be in your life forever.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:55 am

OT:
I always liked Emily as the B'ette, and liked her with Jef too. I thought the proposal was so touching and so real, hahaha. Stupid me.  cantstopl

Back to Jordan, I haven't read too much into what his ex has to say, she is the EX-girlfriend. She was in his PAST, she was old news! And the most important thing is, Jordan's current finance [b](ETA: oops, I mean Fiance, LOL)[/b] is JoJo! As long as he could make JoJo happy, that is all that matters. Who care how long they last, most of them break up at the end. Just look at Andi & Josh, they were perfect on paper, and people used to think he is the "all amercian good boy". Look how these two turned out as a couple and as an individual. Suspect no no

So my point is, it doesn't matter whether Jordan is perfect,  as long as JoJo likes him, that's good.

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:00 am

MiaHawk wrote:I find Jordan underwhelming on so many different levels.  

It still baffles me why she chose the "fixer-upper guy" when she had the "move-in ready guy" signed on the dotted line. And before anyone even thinks of posting "The heart wants what the heart wants"  jojoandjordan - JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion  - Page 74 1838857674 let me say "That's why humans have brains, too."  I wish that Soraya had done this after those MTP dates:
*snipped*

I think she prefers a fixer-upper. Why though? She liked a quote the other day about teaching him to love again. She deserves a guy that already knows how to love. Maybe that was nothing or maybe she is already finding excuses for him.

I don't have a problem overlooking his past if he's really changed and has grown from it, but it's hard to know yet. How did he get himself into this predicament with so many angry women? Could he not have given the girl he left behind to do this show a simple call back when he returned out of respect and kindness? Could he not "like" tweets that basically call Brittany a liar among other things? One day JoJo may find herself being treated exactly like these other women. He's showing her what he's capable of.

I feel like most of the comments on SM are focused on how Brittany should never have done this and how she needs to move on. It seems like the rather dark image that she presented of him is being lost in that. She may be whackadoodle 2.0, but there was some pretty concerning info there. I hope her brothers had a serious chat with him after that last round of posts.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:37 am

ReneeM wrote:
The act of cheating is definitely wrong. But just writing off people who have cheated as those who lack character is very black and white and ignores the variety of reasons people do it IMO. I'm sure it's easier for the exes to see Jordan as this evil person who enjoys hurting people for sport because maybe that's their own experience with him but it's not always that simple because people are rarely that simple. Jordan seems confident but it's obvious to me at least that he has/had a lot of insecurities related to football and his brother (which is why IMO brittany added on the unnecessary hashtags about that in her posts), and I think letting go of football has probably helped let go of some on those. Only time will tell with this relationship as with them all, but even if it doesn't work out that still doesn't necessarily make him this terrible person, sometimes relationships end because not everyone is meant to be in your life forever.

score So many good points. I agree about the football insecurities. I also think that if it doesn't work out, it's not any more or less of a statement about him. He may get tired of tacos. giggling It could be a perfectly valid reason for breaking up unrelated to the red flags. Poor guy will be crucified though.

I was thinking about one of Brittany's hashtags #DontCoverMyPeepholeAgain. Maybe Jordan stopped by to see her in Nashville to discuss her first post and try to clear the air (or murder her laugh out loud  j/k), then when he knocked on her door, he covered the peep hole thinking she may not answer if she saw it was him.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:38 am

ReneeM wrote:
Diana wrote:

Cheating once...maybe twice...I can overlook. When there seems to be a pattern of cheating and treating people poorly, then yes, I will question the character. I don't care how many insecurities one has. That doesn't give you carte blanche to treat others like dirt. I would think that would actually make you more empathic to how others feel and as a result be more sensitive to how you treat them.

That is neither here nor there. This is the same discussion that happens here every year. Fans of X defend X and the relationship and others point out red flags. Debate ensues. After the typical break up, people go duh WTH was I thinking? How did I not see that? Will that be the case this time? As usual only time will tell. My $ is on no. This is still the honeymoon phase with these two. Real life hasn't hit them yet, but it will. When it does, that is when the true character will be exposed. I have a feeling this one will be interesting.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion

+86
Mgrissom
FLChica
sparkler
bamagal
bluwavz