SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

25 - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  #2 - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Joy15 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
Acrunch wrote:Putting this here since it ties into when Nick possibly knew.  New interview from Luke.  

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/luke-pell-on-bachelor-switch-up-i-had-my-bags-packed-w437628

I truly believe they strung Luke along waiting to see what the reaction to Nick would be after BIP's Yoda edit.  That edit speaks volumes of what was brewing in Fleiss' brain.  Not to mention the amount of TV appearances/interviews/pod casts Nick has done since BIP started airing.  He's been EVERYWHERE!

I hope members reading this quote from the article will remember this:
“We were all satisfied, had agreed to the contracts and everything was moving forward,” Pell, who vied for JoJo Fletcher’s heart on season 12 of The Bachelorette, exclusively reveals to Us Weekly. “I was checked in to my flight to come to L.A. I got a call from producers Sunday night at about 10 p.m. They said ABC had decided to quote-unquote go in a different direction. I was supposed to fly out Monday morning at 9 a.m. I had my bags packed and everything. Most dramatic Monday ever!”

This has been done in the past. This is not the first time and probably will not be the last. Each time casting is talked about for the lead this same old stuff is refuted. Now it's out there by a cast person in a magazine. Here it is.  It happens. It's not the first time. Probably won't be the last.

yes
Confirmed by Arie who finally dished out his :
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-bachelorettes-arie-i-lost-bachelor-just-like-luke-w437727

:shocked!: to know that he did sign his contract already

I had no idea Arie was THAT close: "I mean, [my situation was] almost word for word on that article, same exact deal. I just knew two days prior, but same deal: suit fittings; contracts that I signed, but they were delayed on signings on their end; booked flights. Maybe this is a common practice now to throw off fans — I don’t know."

Also:

Arie Luyendyk Jr. ‏@ariejr  Sep 1
@jamieblynn @Luke__Pell @usweekly same exact situation I had, it's so not cool

Arie Luyendyk Jr. ‏@ariejr  Aug 30
Best choice for Bachelor! @viallnicholas28 you deserve it brotha

Back to top Go down

25 - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  #2 - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by notarose Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:49 pm

I like how Arie separates the person Nick as lead from tptb deciding  on the who will be the lead. Don't kill the messenger approach.

Hmm, so is there still hope that someday the kissing bandit will be The Bachelor? :sprinklehearts

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:50 pm

BKay wrote:I've seen numbers on this site before about what leads earn. Kasha or GA will likely remember. i vaguely recall a range of $50,000 to $250,000, depending on how badly they wanted the person. But someone cmiiw.

I heard Chris Lambton was offered a lot more, but he met Peyton and the rest is history.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Such a stupid decision to go with The Farmer over Arie. It goes back to that article with Millsy though. That season followed Juan Pablo, so they probably wanted to "go back to basics" with someone down home and basic. Arie is more like a Nick - controversial, urban. Same reason they feel like they can go back that direction after "down home" "safe" Ben Higgins.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Litta123 wrote:I hope we're in for a season that operates on two levels (similar to well made kid movies). One level for the casual fan who will enjoy it for the same old, same old and another level for viewers like us who have sliced and diced this show to bits. I hope Nick breaks the fourth wall many times over for us. If there's anyone capable with the wit and corresponding commentary...and self deprecation, I think it would be Nick. This is my hope...plus that Nick actually meets the woman of his dreams.

So true. I have the same hopes that it will be a season unlike all the others- for 'the right reasons'. I am also lighting a candle for Casting to be brave enough to cast some interesting and intellectual women who might have a chance of being 'his person'. Bring it on, I am gonna have to recruit some fellow UK friends into all this so I can enjoy watching it as a social event!

#TeamLove rose bud  peace  

'[b]For the open window for a bare forehead              
I said it to you for your thoughts for your words
Every caress every trust survives
.'   (Paul Elouard)1
ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:29 pm

sosleepy wrote:Such a stupid decision to go with The Farmer over Arie. It goes back to that article with Millsy though. That season followed Juan Pablo, so they probably wanted to "go back to basics" with someone down home and basic. Arie is more like a Nick - controversial, urban. Same reason they feel like they can go back that direction after "down home" "safe" Ben Higgins.

This is completely OT and obviously I am thinking too far ahead, but, look at the Bachelorette. They had Andi, Kaitlyn and Jojo, three brunettes who have similar traits in a row, don't you think it's time for a blonde? Keep that in mind when we sleuth for the next Bette...

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:30 pm

I think Nick is pretty eager seeing as how, didn't they string him along last year? I wonder if last year, they couldn't pull the switch with Nick because they already cast a bunch of girls really specific to Ben and the ages we skewed younger than usual slightly. And this year Lukes girls could go either way. I know they don't always cast for the guy, but a lot of Bens girls were reserved, sweet, 'boring' , slightly younger, and seemed to fit Ben. just a thought.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:18 pm

sdmom wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Such a stupid decision to go with The Farmer over Arie. It goes back to that article with Millsy though. That season followed Juan Pablo, so they probably wanted to "go back to basics" with someone down home and basic. Arie is more like a Nick - controversial, urban. Same reason they feel like they can go back that direction after "down home" "safe" Ben Higgins.

This is completely OT and obviously I am thinking too far ahead, but, look at the Bachelorette. They had Andi, Kaitlyn and Jojo, three brunettes who have similar traits in a row, don't you think it's time for a blonde? Keep that in mind when we sleuth for the next Bette...

I do think we are overdue for a blonde Bachelorette. It goes farther then Andi, Kaitlyn, JoJo. Des is also brunette. (Though a different personality type than the other three, IMO.) Our last blonde Bachelorette was Emily. Of course, this means a popular blonde needs to go far and be let go in the F4. Most (all?) blondes that have made it far in recent seasons have been F1. Lauren, Whitney, Nikki. Catherine is our last brunette F1.

AND bringing it back to Nick... It will be interesting to see who he chooses. He's dated blondes in real life, but he definitely goes for the brunettes in the franchise.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:30 pm

I wasn't surprised to hear him say on Afterbuzz and also on Juliet Litman's podcast that he thought JoJo was the best looking bachelorette they've ever had and that her personality is what he wants.

If JoJo wasn't the bachelorette, I actually could have seen them together. I hope he's learned that personalities like Andi's and Kaitlyn's aren't a good match for him. I could see him with someone like JoJo, whether she's a brunette or a blonde. It will be interesting to see what he goes for. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:33 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I wasn't surprised to hear him say on Afterbuzz and also on Juliet Litman's podcast that he thought JoJo was the best looking bachelorette they've ever had and that her personality is what he wants.

If JoJo wasn't the bachelorette, I actually could have seen them together. I hope he's learned that personalities like Andi's and Kaitlyn's aren't a good match for him. I could see him with someone like JoJo, whether she's a brunette or a blonde. It will be interesting to see what he goes for. JMO
I can see him liking Jo's look, but her personality? No way IMO. She's way too needy/whiny for him, I think he likes b@llbusters like Andi and will choose one like that.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Yeah... 2 years later and I STILL think former Lawyer & #25 were very well matched. She chose poorly.

He needs an Andi type. For sure. A ballbuster, someone to keep him on his toes, but also keep him in line and interested. I totally agree, JoJo is too soft and needy for him. Kaitlyn was way too jokster/free spirit for him. Andi. He needs an Andi.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:45 pm

^ laugh out loud ok, minus the whiny part, which I think has been proven to be more of a show thing than a real life thing. JoJo is the complete opposite of Andi, but weirdly also very similar, so I can see why Nick would say he would want someone like JoJo.

Nick said in his infamous plane video that he wouldn't have taken Andi's crap and with her personality, that wouldn't have lasted. I think he would be good with someone softer and sweet, but still fun and outgoing, which is how he described JoJo in many of his Afterbuzz interviews he did during Ben's season.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+118
MonicaJM2001
gurlbrit
nan27
lleyki
whit90