SELECT CONTENT

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

Page 62 of 81 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 62 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I don't know, when you are struggling to pay your health insurance or pay the rent, it is a bit hard to relate.
When you have to get up in the morning to go to work and leave a child at daycare with a questionable temperature because your job depends on you being there imo it's a bit hard to relate.
JMO
Not talking about the wealth. Talking about the human to human aspect. Her personality is very relatable. Th majority of the contestants from this show are wealthy on some level. In part why they're able to leave their jobs so freely. IMO.

I am financially comfortable. However, I have spent my career working with underpaid, barely over minimum waged health care workers. When you are struggling to make ends meet on a daily basis, not having enough to get by or to just barely get by, IMO, it is a human aspect. That is the human aspect, getting by each day.
IMO regardless of how relatable a personality, that was not putting sneakers on their kids' feet. It was not paying for their kids needs, forget about their wants.
There maybe quite a few cast on the show "well off", there are also a fair number that can take time off from work because they have low paying jobs or no job and the risk out weighs the cost.
There is also a larger faction of cast being subsidized by their parents than there used to be. That might be another topic. Maybe not. Hugesmile

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 62 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

Post by StacyNor Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I don't know, when you are struggling to pay your health insurance or pay the rent, it is a bit hard to relate.
When you have to get up in the morning to go to work and leave a child at daycare with a questionable temperature because your job depends on you being there imo it's a bit hard to relate.
JMO
Not talking about the wealth. Talking about the human to human aspect. Her personality is very relatable. Th majority of the contestants from this show are wealthy on some level. In part why they're able to leave their jobs so freely. IMO.
I think most F1 or bachelorettes are relateable and very kind. Catherine, Molly, Des and those 3 are not wealthy at all and all have jobs. It doesnt make Jojo special at all..sorry. I like Jojo.. The woman was born wealthy and is now doing media work. Her life seems very easy and we have had people that go through much more than her and come out relateable.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:55 pm

I find her relatable. If others don't, okay. But I do! Hugesmile

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:56 pm

It's just my opinion, but I don't care who or who isn't relatable from this franchise. It would be nice if I could live their current lifestyles and not have to work. I personally just like nice, caring people, which I would bet most of these contestants/leads are.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 pm

While I think JoJo is a nice enough person, as someone right around her age and working 40+ hours a week to support myself I don't find her all that relateable. It's not because I have a normal 9-5 job. It's because it would take me a year to save to buy some of the items she has. The items I consider luxuries to save for as a special gift she can buy on a random Tuesday. Lol. And yes, I'm sure she also buys plenty of affordable fashion and such. I just can't relate to someone my age having that many luxury items. Guess I need to not work non profit and win the lottery to pay off my student loans. laugh out loud

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 62 87b72b10 JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 62 86669110 JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 62 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:02 pm

To make clear: I find JoJo's PERSONALITY/PERSONA relatable! I too don't find her relatable in the financial department! However, there are many parts of a person...those that ppl can find ways to either relate to them or not. Humans are multi dimensional. Multiple facets. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:02 pm

I don't find Jo's life relatable, but I really like her as a person. IMO She's not just nice, but she's also very kind and it's genuine and it shines through That doesn't make her more special than others, but I've never compared her to anyone else. All JMO

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshem Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 pm

So if you guys can't relate to her due to her money. You can't relate to the majority of people in the franchise. IMO. Jojo isn't the only one with money, majority are wealthy now given the opportunities they've been presented.

Boshem

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 pm

If we were fair, people wouldnt go to other discussion threads and criticize what other couples do, then when your fave does the same thing excuses are made. I think everyone has a right for an opinion and I am putting Jojo and Jordan as the same as others. They enjoy the fame and the things that comes with the show. The are no different than those other couples. They love the events, the shilling, the fame. They are no different. IMO.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:08 pm

StacyNor wrote:If we were fair, people wouldnt go to other discussion threads and criticize what other couples do, then when your fave does the same thing excuses are made. I think everyone has a right for an opinion and I am putting Jojo and Jordan as the same as others. They enjoy the fame and the things that comes with the show. The are no different than those other couples. They love the events, the shilling, the fame. They are no different. IMO.
I don't believe anyone is claiming that they are special, different, more superior, and so on. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 pm

I find JoJo to be a nice person but having a family member affording a wedding on Necker Island is not relatable. Not even to most of the 1% tax bracket in the US. That is privilege at a very exalted level. IMO.

JoJo's privilege and family connections definitely help her to be selective in her choices and give her a head start on accomplishing her hosting ambitions IMO. I don't fault her in any way. Use what you have to make your dreams come true.
All JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshem Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 pm

@Stacynor, I may have to disagree with your comment. Jordan has attended less events than anyone who has been in his position (F4) and doesn't take opportunities given to him by the franchise. He did iheart in Vegas because he was a presenter, and he attended the q&a Mohegan sun event which was solely for him & Jojo so I disagree with your statement

Last edited by Boshem on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Boshem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 81 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

+47
Cila51290
Boshem
hae1001
traveler90
mprssdbyu