SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 46 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by happygolucky Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:59 pm

Extra (quote) from the link posted by see2love above wrote:Nick is looking for love now, but he’s not ruling out his next reality TV move, hinting that he may follow in the footsteps of previous “Bachelor” stars and do “DWTS.” He said, “I like to think I have some sweet feet.”
Nothing new either, since the 1st season he always "bust his moves", polka dancing, Irish street dancing ... NOLA street dancing ... I think it's time for some ballroom, anyone? J/K

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Alanna wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:Can someone please fill me in on Nick?  I don't know much about him.  What type of person is he?  I realize that is a "loaded" question!   He seems quiet and a bit shy?  Am I totally off base here?  giggling
He is not nice, wholly manipulative, and everything and one are a means to an end for him. IMO.

Shall I start my #freeVanessa campaign right now? Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 46 3806527698
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Thanks for the opinions. It seems some love him and some loathe him. He comes across as somewhat shy/quiet on my TV, so that's why I asked. I know appearances can be deceiving though.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
Alanna wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:Can someone please fill me in on Nick?  I don't know much about him.  What type of person is he?  I realize that is a "loaded" question!   He seems quiet and a bit shy?  Am I totally off base here?  giggling
He is not nice, wholly manipulative, and everything and one are a means to an end for him. IMO.

Shall I start my #freeVanessa campaign right now?  Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 46 3806527698
I don't know!! Maybe they'll be a perfect match with the same objectives. We shall see!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:19 pm

@Mommyof2 I like Nick, I don't find him perfect, he is a flawed man, but unlike most "portrayed leads" he has never hidden his stripes. Of course with multiple characteristics come different opinions, because all of us "judge" the personalities based on our POV and criteria.
But 1 thing I can tell you about Nick is that he isn't just one or the other ... he can be shy (sometimes when he is out of his depth or when he is really interested in someone) ... but he is rarely quiet ... unless he is taken aback in positive or negative.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:32 pm

OnePromise wrote:I agree. I think Nick is an INTJ as well. I believe a lot of the reasons why people dislike him come back to his personality traits. And it makes sense. INTJs are confident, self-assured people who have almost a sixth sense and strong opinion about nearly every situation they have thought about. They usually don't have appreciation for small talk and societal rules with strangers but rather value meaningful and deep interactions with those they deem worth putting time into. I can see easily why Nick might rub people the wrong way. Especially in a situation like the Bachelorette.

However, they are also very loyal and offer excellent insight with regards to personal relationships. But only to those who are lucky enough to be deemed in their inner circle.  Also why Nick makes a great guy friend to many of the younger women in Bachelor world.

This is exactly how I understand Nick. I just couldn't put it into words, so I went the lazy route and posted that link to 16 Personalities. Initially, his personality can come across as standoffish because INTJs, and introverts in general, are so in-their-heads. It explains why he reacts to confrontation in such an even-tempered manner, and it explains why many in this forum perceive him as calculated. I personally think he he's more self-aware than calculated, but I do think those two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. That being said, I don't have a problem with Nick making some thoughtful, calculated decisions since his transition into television. It's paid off, hasn't it? Hugesmile

Going back to typing...

Ashley I mentioned that her initial impression of him was that he was standoffish, but that changed once she got to know him. She learned that he was quite insightful, which shows strong iNtuition. In Andi's season, she said he was overly analytical. In Carly and Evan's recent blog recap, one of them mentioned that in BIP, they would sit down and analyze all the different relationships happening around them, which goes to show a strong Thinking side, despite the fact that Nick seems to fall for someone quite easily. And lastly, in Kaitlyn's season, he really appreciated her spontaneous side and said something along the lines of it complementing his more rigid personality. These traits don't make him the most popular guy among a large group of people, especially within a short window of time. However, they're great for building lasting friendships; and we've seen that with him, not just within the Bach family, but also with his friendships/relationships prior to the show.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:Thanks for the opinions.  It seems some love him and some loathe him.  He comes across as somewhat shy/quiet on my TV, so that's why I asked.  I know appearances can be deceiving though.  

He's controversial but entertaining. Some don't like him but IMO, he has some of the most loyal fans who write very eloquent posts about him. My advice: watch the show and form your own opinions.

Last edited by sdmom on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:04 pm

I find him honestly quirky, funny and good tv. He's not hard on the eyes. I like him a lot better than most of the other past leads.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:41 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:Thanks for the opinions.  It seems some love him and some loathe him.  He comes across as somewhat shy/quiet on my TV, so that's why I asked.  I know appearances can be deceiving though.  

over the years watching him/his journey the most accurate way i'd describe him would be that he's interesting. I don't profess to know him or what his values and inner thinking processes are. He articulates and observes things in ways that are unconventional and interesting to me in the bachelor world which keeps me interested in watching his journey. I believe he's someone who's got a genuine and authentic side to him that cares deeply for his friends. however, I do also see the side of him that's become much more invested in his public image and that's quite self-absorbed. I would be curious to see his season to see what he does with the real chance at a true relationship as over the years he's seemed to enjoy the chase a lot. I find him interesting and entertaining and lighthearted/doesn't take himself too seriously -- I don't take him too seriously either. He's flawed, a contradiction and very upfront about it which makes him the above things mentioned. Some of his other flaws include how blunt and unsavvy he is when dealing with other people. He can be found steamrolling for his own agenda. He can be very socially awkward. He can also be very shy/insecure around women he really likes and other times he can be very smooth and suave with the women.

Last edited by emusha on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:05 pm

What I like about Nick is that he is flawed and he acknowledges this and doesn't pretend to be something he is not or only show one side or the best side of himself just to be liked but instead he's multi-dimensional and isn't an "either-or" type of guy but an "and" type of guy, IMO, where he can be genuine about so many things and can also a bit of an azz as he has stated himself.

Mostly though, I like that Nick knows he is not everyone's cup of tea and he understands that this is okay and part of life and that instead of getting upset that some people may not like him, he himself will admit that he doesn't like himself sometimes either (he said this on the Sunday pre-season show). In that way, I find Nick refreshingly real, especially for this type of show.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:55 pm

Nick has 20 pages of Fan threads plus a 10 GD threads during Andi's season and 9 GD threads during K's season, plus BIP season. Nick has so many threads I don't know where to file them anymore.

Following Nick since Andi's season, sleuthing him out and learning a lot about him, IMO he's a very smart considerate individual who was very shy, still is a bit shy, honest, whether you want to hear it or not, and doesn't give a crap what you think of him. IMO He makes decisions based on what he's thinking at the moment, and if he's made a mistake, he admits it as I've seen him several times say so during interviews.

He loves his family, he's never missed being at home for Christmas, recently mentioned it himself,  and is the only person I know that has handled an incredible amount of hate from SM two leads and former contestants, handled with grace. How many contestants during epi 1 mentioned so and so said he was a jerk, etc. He is grateful they gave him a chance, that's how he is. His sense of humour, I get. I just posted a blog by Ryan Sutter who was giving Nick credit for being so considerate and wanting to speak to all the contestants on night one.

If he is given the opportunity to do DWTS or anything else, I say go for it. He won't be the first lead who has gone on to DWTS after their season. I don't see why it should be any different for Nick. IMO If the lead is well liked, it is hoped they go on DWTS, if the lead is not like, they are looking for fame. He must be financially ok since he was able to leave his job, an employer who supports him 100%, mentioned by Nick several times, and company tweets, always had a good work ethic according to his Linkedin, is doing modeling, has moved to L.A went on BIP and is now TB. I can totally see him bugging TPTB to give him TB role, jokingly, or seriously, thinking it would never happen and at the same time, maybe it will, what a brilliant idea. A true salesman, if that is indeed the case. What better lead than one who is  loved and at the same time hated. Did they really want Luke and changed their minds, or did they know all along they wanted Nick and played Luke on purpose for the shock value. They all IMO know what they are doing. It's a business.

Great first epi, looking forward to seeing how he handles the rest of the season.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:08 pm

I personally dont care what anyone say about Nick (I love him), he is as flawed as I am and we are humans after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+98
shaughnessyb
luvstx
northernviewer
George1218
Emilia23_12