SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:44 pm

We are the best when it comes to sleuthing. Smiley There are years of experience around here. It's truly amazing some of the people places things that have been uncovered over the years by sleuthing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71516

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ericbutterfly Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:56 pm

crunchycheeto wrote:
ericbutterfly wrote:Also, I have seen MANY fans and YouTube bloggers and reviewers say Rachel is too good for him. That is their opinion. Nick fans who have a bad taste in their mouth should realize that it's just an opinion. ***IMO***. It's a silly opinion ***IMO*** that is only being looked at from an "on paper" standpoint... However it's an opinion nonetheless, because we don't know any of these people and we don't know their true self... So no one really knows who is too good for who. I think on paper it's not hard to see why people think Rachel is "too good" for the show in general. However Rachel seems like an easygoing, down to earth chick, and I don't see anything wrong with her stepping out on a limb to find love in this way. I don't care that she is a WOC, I am rooting for her to be the next ette regardless.

I don't know if this is directed at me, but since I had written my negative opinion on the use of "too good" to describe Rachel in relation to Nick, I wonder if I'm the Nick fan who has a bad taste in her mouth...  question  I realize that there are varying opinions on the lead and the contestants, and the use / acceptability of the phrase. I never implied that people couldn't say it or express their opinions. I was simply expressing mine. That's why I ended my spiel with "to each their own".

Reading your comment, I actually think we're on the same page on some things. You said we don't know any of these people and we don't know their true selves, and I completely agree. The show gives us a fraction of what happened within the space of 2.5 months. Their social media pages give us a curated account of their lives. That's why I'm not quick to make judgments about certain people being "too good" for a particular person, because I simply don't have enough facts to make that judgment. But I would never tell anyone that they weren't allowed to make judgments; that's not my call. Discussion boards are great for that kind of stuff! Personally, I was drawn to this place because of the sleuthing spoilers.

I, too, would love to see Rachel as Bachelorette.  yes

It wasn't directed to you, I was speaking in general and also to a certain poster but it was edited out rightfully so, because I shouldn't really target anyone for their opinion, so my bad... but it wasn't you I promise. I agree though about Rachel being the bachelorette. I wouldn't mind Raven either, but IMO I feel like Raven can be similar to Jojo kind of... and Rachel would be kind of a new fresh direction. Not only because WOC, but also because she is a woman of a certain age and a career woman, and IMO I feel like we would get a diverse cast of mature, highly educated potential bachelors.
ericbutterfly
ericbutterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I totally agree about the possibilities of a diverse cast. It'd be nice to have more than one POC in the running to be the next Bachelor or Bachelorette instead of the one token candidate. And with Rachel being older, there's probably also a stronger likelihood that the men will be older with more established careers. I always knew it would be unlikely with Nick's season, although he's 36. But with the gender roles reversed, who knows?

I like Raven, too, but I worry that we'll get the same cast of men we got with Jojo's season. And she did say she's attracted to assholes... I feel like TPTB would have a field day casting men who are more than just "speaking their minds" and will cast the biggest assholes the show's ever seen. Yikes!
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:12 am

For the record, even though I disagree with the tweet that Rachel liked, I still like her. I would not make any judgment until I see more of her.
I, otoh, do not like "Xxx is too good for yyy". To me, it's like calling f1 a winner. What does that mean? F2 - f 27/28/29 are all losers? No, it just means the lead likes f1 more than anyone else; f1 maybe a better match for the lead than others (I know that's still debatable, but that's another topic). Anyway, that's how I look at this and it's ok if everyone disagree.
I also don't know why being well-liked is a big deal. Probably because I was one of the least liked girls in middle school, laugh out loud. We know Rachel made some friends, Vanessa made some friends too, and that's great, imo. This is not a Miss Congeniality contest so to me, it doesn't matter who's better liked than others. Corinne seems to be buddy buddy with most girls post show, so what? I still think she's immature.
All Jmo.
Now back to Rachel. I am excited to see her 1-1 date!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:15 am

I doubt the cast age and type will change all that much as a whole, no matter who the lead is (and that goes for Ette and bach).  There will be the normal 3-5 in a respectable age range that are truly comparable and could be a potential match with the lead.  Just like every season.  The rest will be filler and fluff and fit the story board and roles as needed.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:19 am

I do feel like the show is becoming more diverse, as this year, 1/3rd of the cast was WOC. It just depends on the lead whether they're all "matter of time" girls or if they have an actual chance of going far. I think that's why I've liked leads like Sean and Nick, as they don't seem so tied down to a physical type as others. I feel like Rachel would probably give us an interesting final four, whereas Raven's would be more similar to Jojo's. It's all speculation though. They could both surprise me with their taste in men! IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:09 am

Ladybug82 wrote:I doubt the cast age and type will change all that much as a whole, no matter who the lead is (and that goes for Ette and bach).  There will be the normal 3-5 in a respectable age range that are truly comparable and could be a potential match with the lead.  Just like every season.  The rest will be filler and fluff and fit the story board and roles as needed.

JMO

Plus it used to be TPTB kept a pool of prospective cast. Maybe these cast did not make it for the season they were first auditioned or sent in their application for one reason, but made it another season for another reason.
As far as this season being more "diversified", my jaded opinion is tptb felt Nick would be cool with it and that it was MOT for it to happen. Period. I don't think they are more sensitive for the need or desire. I think it was as scripted as the rest.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by ericbutterfly Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:45 am

Ladybug82 wrote:I doubt the cast age and type will change all that much as a whole, no matter who the lead is (and that goes for Ette and bach).  There will be the normal 3-5 in a respectable age range that are truly comparable and could be a potential match with the lead.  Just like every season.  The rest will be filler and fluff and fit the story board and roles as needed.

JMO

You actually may be right, but IMO it would be ideal that if they went with Rach over Raven that it be all more mature and successful established men.

I agree however with sdmom, I cannot wait to see her first 1on1 date, I think this will be the beginning of her being taken seriously as a contender.
ericbutterfly
ericbutterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:07 am

Wishful thinking but if she were to be the next Bette I would like to see at least 1/3rd of the guys be in their 30's.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:58 am

Kashathediva wrote:

JMO

Plus it used to be TPTB kept a pool of prospective cast. Maybe these cast did not make it for the season they were first auditioned or sent in their application for one reason, but made it another season for another reason.
As far as this season being more "diversified", my jaded opinion is tptb felt Nick would be cool with it and that it was MOT for it to happen. Period. I don't think they are more sensitive for the need or desire. I think it was as scripted as the rest.

Same basic scenario each season: 3-5 potential matches and "diverse" options at the level the lead can handle IMO. "Diverse" can also be divorced or single parent contestants, those with tragic life experiences or the ever-popular easily manipulated by TPTB types IMO. I'm staying within our rules here and not giving examples from any season. :halo:

I'm not sure it's possible for TPTB to find 10-15 mature, well established men for Rachel - or any other lead. It's very unlikely that many would risk it all to appear on reality tv and be available to film at the same time. We're stuck with the usual storyboard with minor tweaks IMO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ITA with your post. I will also add, that generally they take the strengths and weaknesses of past cast and really push/jam those buttons as they graduate to the lead.
Where there is no crazy, drama etc. it is the job of production IMO to create such.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:47 pm

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+73
Seabear
sosleepy
allicat
Topazgold
Jolena