SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by emusha Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:38 am

If there's a blow up between vanessa and rachel i think the edit for it might be a clue whether Rachel might get the bette role. The fact that there IS a blow up is great for her candidacy as a bette vs. raven who doesn't have any drama at all... the little sprinkle of drama not the brand-damaging one think Ali, Deanna, Jojo even Nick in K's season never hurt. sometimes they'd go for the Juan Pablo/Kaitlyn/Ben F unconventional and entertaining which would have been the dolphin/shark girl or Ravel so we shall see.

I do think they ultimately make decisions based on ratings (controversial Nick pick) and we'll have to wait and see how Rachel does on the ratings. So far people are loving her on sm. And going in her favor is that they like to mix it up to keep things fresh and I do think she will have a fresh take on the experience just based on her personality so far
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:30 pm

I do agree with this statement Wells made:
"And I think what they're going to do is it will be misdirection. I think it's going to be ... Rachel, and then at the last second, they're gonna have__________"
TPTB have done this same scenario many times regardless of skin color. So it's not a far stretch. To me it's their formula. Keep their fan base hanging until the last minute. Kind of like a horse race.
Whoever TPTB choose, my feeling has always been, take the strengths of that person from the season before when they were cast and now twist them into their weaknesses as the lead.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Thinking Rachel needs WTA as a platform to further shine. Raven is an obstacle IMO because if both were at WTA all Raven has to do is throw out another 1-liner and she becomes that hook in a song that everyone remembers.
It happened during the NOLA epi. Raven's silly saying from the ghost date looked to get equal Twitter buzz to Rachel's entire 1-1.
A bit shocking, that, however what fans react to is part of the mix.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:52 pm

notarose wrote:Thinking Rachel needs WTA as a platform to further shine.  Raven is an obstacle IMO because if both were at WTA all Raven has to do is throw out another 1-liner and she becomes that hook in a song that everyone remembers.  
It happened during the NOLA epi.  Raven's silly saying from the ghost date looked to get equal Twitter buzz to Rachel's entire 1-1.

It didn't even get a quarter of Rachel's twitter buzz. Rachel got her own "twitter moments" and she was also trending in the US.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm wondering if those are Wells opinions, or what he thinks are the opinions of TPTB.

There is no question on the possible misdirection. If it's not Rachel it will be someone else. As usual there will be 3 IMHO as we have seen so many times in the past.

I'm wondering if Rachel is interested in being the next lead.
She is very accomplished, appears to work long hours, is this something she wants to give up 1+ years?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:03 pm

That brings up a great point, imo.
I hope that she will see that this gig (should she be chosen and accept) will springboard her to something far greater personally, with the chance of finding a romance only being the cherry on the sundae.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Dessler wrote:
notarose wrote:Thinking Rachel needs WTA as a platform to further shine.  Raven is an obstacle IMO because if both were at WTA all Raven has to do is throw out another 1-liner and she becomes that hook in a song that everyone remembers.  
It happened during the NOLA epi.  Raven's silly saying from the ghost date looked to get equal Twitter buzz to Rachel's entire 1-1.

It didn't even get a quarter of Rachel's twitter buzz. Rachel got her own "twitter moments" and she was also trending in the US.

yes  I only watched twitter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and only 1 2-hour viewing.
To be clear, I am most interested in Rachel as the next Bette.  I'm just curious as to what criteria tptb use and also SM fan reaction is fascinating week to week.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Topazgold Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thats what I've been thinking. Do we even
know if Rachel wants the gig, if offered? Never mind that she's a hard working, successful trial lawyer. Her father is a federal judge.

As much as I would love to see her in the lead, in the grand scheme of things what is this show? IMO no more than mindless entertainment. I would think she'll weigh the pros & cons. But I see too many cons when it comes to this franchise. JMO

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:34 pm

I do think that we've seen Rachel against the odds keep it cool up till next week which must be a super-human feat all on it's own given how difficult this "process is" she handled the target on her back masterfully and rather than being a target she became close friends with the girls...she also didn't in any way "lose it" as she waited for her turn rather she actually developed a relationship with nick by being vulnerable and real. Simply because of how she's handled the show so far (regardless of the fireworks ahead) I do think handling the show and getting what she wants from it will not be a problem for her. that is IMHO. Also with the bette once a bette finds her beau there isn't as much craziness to manage from her side compared to the bach show... anyway there are pros and cons so was sharing some pros as her behavior has been impressive so far and I can anticipate the same if she's at the helm
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:07 pm

A part of me is concerned about Rachel becoming the 'Ette especially after Astrid's interview where she said that Rachel does not know a lot about the show - even something as simple as the FIR. IMO she will be ripe for producer manipulation on her season. IMO A lot of girls might be spared this season from producer manipulation coz they had a willing puppet in Corinne.

If Rachel becomes the 'Ette, I am not sure if she will be able to withstand the mind games the producers play IMO to control the narrative especially if she is naive about that aspect of production. If she does take up the role, I hope she watches all episodes of 'UnReal' before going. All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Honestly, that opinion made me think very low of Wells and Chase (although honestly, my opinion of Chase couldn't get much lower). Especially when all of ABC's most popular shows are written/produced by a black woman! And Quantico, which is the new lead-out show, has a WOC as the lead. I think America is clearly more than ready for a non-white 'ette.

I also really think Rachel is going to be the 'ette. She actually reminds me a LOT of Sharleen. I also don't see Raven or Dani M. being able to carry a season (which I kind of thought about Caila too, even though I was rooting for her).

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Their comments actually pissed me off. Speak for yourselves. Americans have placed black people and other POC in all kinds of roles, and one of the most powerful to mention a few. This is a TV show. Major eye rolls earned.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+73
Seabear
sosleepy
allicat
Topazgold
Jolena