SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nickviall - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 77 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:13 pm

I'm torn between wanting Rachel to be the next Bachelorette and not wanting her to go through the SM nightmare because I feel there will be a lot of nasty comments from equally nasty people.

I said this on the next lead thread but I don't see any way they're going to announce Rachel while she's still on the show when there's no need to do that. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Nickviall - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 77 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sosleepy Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:49 pm

atem wrote:Anyone else getting annoyed with the excuse, 'America's not ready'?  I call BS on that!
hi  Me!!

I think Wells said something similar about America not being ready for a black lead on some podcast and I seriously eye rolled.

It's just the Bachelorette. Silly television airing in the summer. America can handle a black president for 8 years, but *gasp* watching a black girl try to find love? Definitely not ready for that. no no If America isn't ready for that in 2017, almost 60 years after the civil rights movement started, it will never be ready. And in that case, you just need to force it, normalize it and make it happen. IMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:56 pm

I think she would make a great Bachelorette, but I have serious questions as to if she would want to. I don't think the typical men on this show are the type she is likely to end up married to; they do not tend to be all that intellectual or successful.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:56 am

sosleepy wrote:
atem wrote:Anyone else getting annoyed with the excuse, 'America's not ready'?  I call BS on that!
hi  Me!!

I think Wells said something similar about America not being ready for a black lead on some podcast and I seriously eye rolled.

It's just the Bachelorette. Silly television airing in the summer. America can handle a black president for 8 years, but *gasp* watching a black girl try to find love? Definitely not ready for that. no no If America isn't ready for that in 2017, almost 60 years after the civil rights movement started, it will never be ready. And in that case, you just need to force it, normalize it and make it happen. IMO.

Agreed. I really don't see what the big deal is. There are plenty of popular TV shows with African-American leads, so why is it suddenly unthinkable when it's a dating show? There might be a few more "diverse" contestants if Rachel is the lead, but other than that it'll be the same old, same old. As long as it doesn't happen, people will keep making into a bigger deal than it is, which is why I hope it does. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

It could be something as simple as the creators and producers do not know how to act in an appropriate manner to a) women b) minority women.  It could simply be that the audience is ready, but the people responsible for making a show are not able to behave responsibly. Just saying.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:07 am

Kashathediva wrote:It could be something as simple as the creators and producers do not know how to act in an appropriate manner to a) women b) minority women.  It could simply be that the audience is ready, but the people responsible for making a show are not able to behave responsibly. Just saying.

yup! i have these exact misgivings
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by cookielover12 Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Someone mentioned Rachel will be on the show

pic is a SC of my twitter feed.

Last edited by cookielover12 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Why are they throwing around Sarah Herron's name laugh out loud.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Reposting from the Media thread because it concerns Rachel.

So I still couldn't understand why the show would spoil it's own season so dramatically by announcing Rachel as the next Bachelorette, if that is indeed what was happening. And I only read RS' episode by episode spoilers once so I was getting confused on some details.

However, I checked to confirm this morning and seems like if we don't have another cliffhanger situation tomorrow night, HTD are secured by the end of the episode. Well no black contestant has ever made a HTD in the franchise history right? So I'm going to take a stab here and say I think that's what this is all about.

After the episode airs, Mills and company will basically proclaim the fact that Rachel is the first African American in the franchise history to make it to HTD and then she'll go on Kimmel to talk about that and be vague about whether or not Nick ultimately picks her and so the season is still not spoiled. Or I may be completely wrong.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:46 pm

I can't even.
Please don't tell me this historical brouhaha is regarding visiting a black cast's home town family visit. Pulease. SMH.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:47 pm

lleyki wrote:Reposting from the Media thread because it concerns Rachel.

So I still couldn't understand why the show would spoil it's own season so dramatically by announcing Rachel as the next Bachelorette, if that is indeed what was happening. And I only read RS' episode by episode spoilers once so I was getting confused on some details.

However, I checked to confirm this morning and seems like if we don't have another cliffhanger situation tomorrow night, HTD are secured by the end of the episode. Well no black contestant has ever made a HTD in the franchise history right? So I'm going to take a stab here and say I think that's what this is all about.

After the episode airs, Mills and company will basically proclaim the fact that Rachel is the first African American in the franchise history to make it to HTD and then she'll go on Kimmel to talk about that and be vague about whether or not Nick ultimately picks her and so the season is still not spoiled. Or I may be completely wrong.

I'm sensing this could be the case. But MF said they got permission from ABC. Why would they need permission from ABC to talk about Rachel being the first black contestant to have an HTD? This will be evident after tomorrow night eliminations if there's no cliffhanger.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:15 pm

bleuberry wrote:Why are they throwing around Sarah Herron's name laugh out loud.
She's got some whack azz fans that tweet Fleiss/Mills/RS (as if he has any control over it!) every season begging for her to be the Bachelorette. This season has been the worst one, I even saw one of them say that she "deserves it more than Rachel because she's more diverse" duh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+73
Seabear
sosleepy
allicat
Topazgold
Jolena