SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 63 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:52 am

I get what you mean @catalyst and the fact that they've given Lisa so much promotion in the preview makes me think she'll be pushed as "competition" for Laura.  If reports are true that the editors are really going to have to work to make it look like he's interested in anyone else then they've started strong.  

IMO though, the final two need to be contrasting characters - so Matty can say he could see himself with them both and it's such a difficult decision because they both have unique qualities and yada yada yada like Leads usually do.  Lisa seems too similar to Laura from what I've seen.  

I think a more likely F2 is Elise since from what I've seen I think she'll have a casual/easygoing, almost "best buddy" type edit. Another one to watch IMO is white pants girl who's wearing that smoking hot black number in the preview.  She reminds me a lot of Nikki actually.  

So my expected Top 4 at this stage would be:
Laura (duh)
Elise
White Pants Girl
Lisa
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:59 am

IA about White Pants Girl reminding of Nikki. I thought the same as she has that more mature, older vibe. I don't know if I would put her in F2 though.

IIRC for Richie's season, both Nikki and Alex were shown in the promos and Alex quite a bit. So already highlighted. One thing also is media. Media uses photos of frontrunners a lot before the season airs. I have already seen a lot of photos used of both Laura and Lisa which is interesting to me that they are pushing Lisa so much (could be a red herring, could be a contender). From that GD BTS video though, I posted the same in Lisa's thread, but when watching it again I noticed that Matty was interacting a lot more with Lisa than I realized and she had his attention on that GD. Depending on when she gets her SD (if she does) I think she could go far. She seems a bit younger though so not sure.

I am not sure of F4 just yet. Need a bit more first but definitely think:
Laura for sure
Lisa may be in it (depending if she gets a SD and when)
Elora could be too (she seems to have a good rapport with Matty going by BTS and she got first SD which Nikki/F2 did and Sarah/F3 had).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:02 am

@Bobette if Elise makes it to F2 (though nothing indicates to me she makes F2); since she is an ex athlete and knowing how Aussies tend to hold their athletes in high regard, do you think it's a wise decision for the producers to allow Matty to dump Elise at F2 specially if she turns out to be a fan favorite. I just can't imagine that they will have a fan favorite be dumped at F2 following both Nikki and Matty but maybe that's what the show will be about going forward.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:08 am

Good point @mercieme about Elise and her being an athlete. Now it actually makes me think she may go far just on that alone. Producers have shown they don't care about the lead/contestants especially once they have reeled them in, they love the backlash and drama so I expect similar if a fan fav is not F1.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:12 am

mercieme wrote:@Bobette if Elise makes it to F2 (though nothing indicates to me she makes F2); since she is an ex athlete and knowing how Aussies tend to hold their athletes in high regard, do you think it's a wise decision for the producers to allow Matty to dump Elise at F2 specially if she turns out to be a fan favorite. I just can't imagine that they will have a fan favorite be dumped at F2 following both Nikki and Matty but maybe that's what the show will be about going forward.

Good points @mercieme - I just can't shake the memory of how much she was promoted by the tabloids early on.  

But you're right about her being a potential fan favourite - I've made similar comments about that before.  Aussies L-O-V-E their sporting heroes and Elise is an ex-Olympian. She also seems down to earth/relaxed/fun and a typical "Aussie girl" - the kind of girlfriend guys could just chill with, shoot some hoops and eat pizza with on the couch. That kind of girl is very appealing to a lot of Aussie guys, IME.

Maybe they are lining her up for next Bachelorette?  In which case an exit at F3 would be more likely.  They just don't seem to be promoting her at all pre-show which has me baffled.  I'm dying to find out more about White Pants Girl.  I get a mature vibe from her too @AllAboutLove!  If her career/character are markedly different to Laura then there is F2 potential there too IMO.

Last edited by Bobette on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:15 am

Thanks AAL....i read somewhere that ratings have continue to plummet for the AU series so hopefully the producers will go back to what made the show successful during the earlier seasons and tone down the need for backlash. I also read that TV3 network is struggling overall so we will see how it all plays out this season...all jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:16 am

TV Week using pic of Matty with Lisa

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:20 am

OK mag using pic of Matty and Laura and typical to past F1s where the word "win" is used pre-season

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:21 am

AllAboutLove wrote:TV Week using pic of Matty with Lisa

SO MUCH RED.  Any word yet on sponsors for this season?  If Colgate's not one of them I will be shocked. laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:21 am

Hmmm.....this Lisa girl looks like will go very far IMO. Interesting that none of her SDs leaked (that is if she had any).

I am surprised though that since the rumors are out there that Laura is F1, that the promo still showed Matty saying Laura caught his eye. Are the producers saying to heck with it, we will spoil the show ourselves and give the audience the F1 right off the bat or is Laura a red herring, jury is still out for me anyways.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:26 am

mercieme wrote:Hmmm.....this Lisa girl looks like will go very far IMO. Interesting that none of her SDs leaked (that is if she had any).

I am surprised though that since the rumors are out there that Laura is F1, that the promo still showed Matty saying Laura caught his eye. Are the producers saying to heck with it, we will spoil the show ourselves and give the audience the F1 right off the bat or is Laura a red herring, jury is still out for me anyways.

I would actually LOVE it if after all the leaks/spoilers, Laura's not F1 and a dark horse comes out of nowhere. Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 63 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:26 am

Both TV Week and OK mag are official for the show. They definitely are highlighting Lisa and Laura the most in the promos and media.

Good point about contrasting contenders for F2 @Bobette. It could be White Pants Girl is a contrast but I think Laura is older? It's why I could see them having someone younger in F2 if Laura is in F2. So basically similar to Richie's season (one was seen more mature/Nikki and one younger/Alex). I have yet to find out Lisa's age as she seems a bit younger than Laura so could be something. Not sure though as there's lots of other options for F2 depending on personality.

Good point about ratings @mercieme. I personally think ratings will always decrease what with viewers not watching live as much and watching in other ways that may not be counted for ratings draw (especially the younger demos). Will see though. Hopefully the ratings are solid enough for the show to continue as I really like the Aussie version. The network definitely is struggling but not sure if that means they will go with more drama than before or less to get clicks in media and attention. I prefer when the show keeps the drama to earlier and not F2 but I have resigned myself to thinking they may continue with the way the do things. Hope not though :/
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
stuckinsc
catalyst
Amalia
mercieme
Wrecking Ball
Zaynab
robinvi
pvpr
carraiger
ThankMeLater
Hearts_And_Roses