SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:30 am

Zaynab wrote:http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/the-bachelor-reject-elora-calls-laura-degrading-to-other-women-in-the-house/news-story/3d6e91f7ea21dd19db2e957031234ebd
The Bachelor reject Elora calls Laura “degrading” to other women in the house
ELORA Tahiti left The Bachelor mansion in tears but she won’t be missing Laura Byrne. The women are neighbours but seeing each other is “not a priority”.

FLIRTATIOUS fire-twirler Elora Tahiti made a teary exit from The Bachelor mansion last night but there’s no love lost between her and favourite-to-win Laura Byrne.The two women live within a block of each other in Sydney’s Rushcutters Bay but it’s unlikely they’ll be popping over to each other’s houses for cordial cups of tea. “Laura is my neighbour and our priority is not to see each other,” Tahiti told News Corp. “We talk on the phone but we’re not that close that we are involved with each other or in each other’s lives.”
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Img_0341
Viewers picked Byrne as most likely to win Matthew ‘Matty J’ Johnson’s heart after she scored the first kiss of the season. But chemistry between the pair was just as obvious to the Byrne’s love rivals inside the house. “I always had an idea from day one that Laura was going to be one of the top ones,” said Tahiti.  “And then as we went through Elise came up as a dark horse. But even when it was 20 girls, I definitely had my eye on the top three. I never thought it would go another way. ”According to Tahiti, the ‘nice girl Laura’ viewers see on screens isn’t always sugar. “Laura is very confident and she knows who she is, and sometimes she can be a bit degrading to other girls — like any confident woman,” said Tahiti.

“Elise was really having a hard time with Laura in group settings because Laura would just be really loud and talk over Elise and I could see them trying to fight to get a line out,” she said. However, Tahiti reveals her one regret from the show is not forging better relationships with the women. “I should have been a bit more myself with the girls so they could have seen me for who I am. And then we would have been closer than we are,” she said. And as for Johnson, the man who left her “heartbroken” as she fled the mansion in floods of tears? “I’m over Matty J. It’s been four months, you get over it,” she said, clarifying she had already dated and dumped someone else.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 am

Cobie PopSugar Interview
Cobie Admits to Being "Stressed a Lot" on The Bachelor
Sweet and sensitive Cobie earned a reputation for being one of the kindest girls in the Bachelor mansion this year — she earned a lot of friends, and no one really had a bad word to say about her. However, sadly, this also translated into her relationship with Matty: He saw them as friends, but nothing more, and let her go at the end of their second date together. While she was initially upset about saying goodbye, after some reflection, Cobie tells us she's 100 percent okay. So much so in fact, that she'd go in as a contestant again. Keep reading for her take on the show!

POPSUGAR Australia: Sorry to see you go tonight! Can you tell us a bit about how you felt?
Cobie: Well, I got to go on my second single date, which was awesome, because I had been hanging out for that. We went tree-top climbing, which was really fun and like hanging out with a mate. When the last part of our date came, he broke the sad news to me and told me he didn't see anything with me and our journey going any further. I prefer to go out on a single date instead of rose ceremony. We're all adults, and we had a conversation and he gave me closure. He said, "I think you're amazing, but we don't have that connection." It was fine, I really appreciated it, I thought it was really sweet.

PS: Did it come as a surprise?
Cobie: Yeah, I was kind of blindsided, because I thought, "Oh yeah, I seem to be making a connection at the moment, maybe I am going to be okay!" But I knew that I was going either this week or the next, so I didn't expect to get to the top four or anything like that. I was super grateful to have lasted for as long as I did.

PS: What makes you say you had a gut feeling that you were going to go?
Cobie: We hadn't had any time together and I could see how his relationships were with the other girls. I don't think we had the same bond, I think we had more of a friendship bond. I'm definitely okay with that, because I need my relationships to be based on friendships first. I don't feel like you have to have all these things in common, I think if you meet someone and get along, that's great. If you tell them everything that you're looking for and you don't fit that box, then you're really missing out on something else.

PS: Could you actually see a potential future with him down the track?
Cobie: I think with Matty, or any relationship really, it takes time to get to know each other, and we hadn't really spent that much time together, so it was really hard to understand each others' personalities.

PS: What did you love most about being on the show?
Cobie: The friendship with the girls, and all the exciting things we got to do. We used to figure out what the next date was, who was going on it, where it would be . . . Trying to be like the producers ourselves and suss it out. We always thought we knew what was happening, but we never did. We'd spend hours procrastinating with things like that, and just the family meals that you cook together. Everyone was so amazing — Matty, the crew, the carers — it was great.

PS: What was the hardest part about it for you?
Cobie: The hardest thing was not getting time. I felt like I was stressing out throughout the whole experience. I was stressed a lot, got really bad anxiety and became really down, because it was really hard to see past all the drama. You spend more time in the house than what you do with Matty, so there's a lot of stuff you have to take into consideration when you're on the journey. So for me, it was really hard to understand everybody's personalities and make sure that everyone was respecting each other and being kind to each other.

PS: Who were you closest with?
Cobie: I was really close with Tara, Nat, Florence, Lisa, Elise . . . A lot! I was very lucky.

PS: Who do you think he's got the strongest connection with?
Cobie: Oh, I don't know! I think he's got a pretty good connection with all the girls that are left. I can definitely see a strong connection with Laura, Florence, Tara and Elise. Sorry, that doesn't help at all! [Laughs]

PS: How would you sum up your Bachelor experience? Would you do it again?
Cobie: I guess if I were to do it again, I definitely wouldn't want to be the Bachelorette. But I would go in as a contestant again, because now I know what to expect and how to handle it. Now I know what it's all about and think I could go a lot better the next time around! [Laughs]

PS: Where are you at with finding love now?
Cobie: I'm definitely just having a break. I'm going to enjoy my friendships, get back into work and refocus.
Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 am

Elora PopSugar Interview
Elora on Why She Wouldn't Take Back That Tipping Comment on The Bachelor
Ever since her fire-dancing entrance at the first cocktail party, Elora has been one of the most memorable names in the Bachelor mansion this year. Whether renowned for her honesty, clarity with her feelings or that now controversial tipping comment, she has often been the centre of all the happenings. Wednesday night saw her run on the show come to an end, as Matty felt he'd be "clipping her wings" if they were to end up together. Below, she addresses her emotional departure, her feelings for Matty and oh, that comment.

POPSUGAR Australia: How did you find that group date?
Elora: That group date was the worst game I've ever played, honestly! Not only is it difficult to judge yourself, but . . . you know, everything is happy and you're getting along with everyone, and then there are issues because you have to judge each other and yourself. It wasn't the best position to be put in, I think we all felt pretty low about it. We went through with it, but oh god, it was awful. Looking back, it was really awful!

PS: How did you feel about being sent home? Did you expect it?
Elora: I didn't at all. I especially didn't expect him to go straight to the rose ceremony and cancel the cocktail party. I thought it was completely outrageous to not hear me out. It made it seem like I got sent home because of the last cocktail party — the kiss — and even though he said it had nothing to do with it, it wasn't good. I think I deserved way more than skipping the cocktail party without an explanation.

PS: Matty said he let you go because he felt like he'd be clipping your wings if you were together. Do you feel like that was sort of a cop out?
Elora: When he said that, I remember being really upset about it. The way I heard it was that he thought I wasn't ready to settle down, so I was really upset for him to be making a decision about me and that he was questionning my integrity. Like, why would you come on the show if you weren't ready to settle down? So I was upset with him about that, but now that I look at it from a bigger perspective, I realise what he was saying. I think he really would clip my wings and maybe wouldn't get my life — we're very different and I might be a bit too much for him. Now I understand, but when I left the house, I was really upset.

PS: How did you feel about missing out on hometowns?
Elora: Well, to be honest, unless we would've gone to Tahiti or France to see my mum, it would've been great to bring him to see my friends, but in a way, I'm not really at home. Although I think it would've been better to get closure to see if he'd fit in my life around here, I think I would've gotten closure out of that.

PS: How strong were your feelings for Matty?
Elora: Pretty strong, actually. I remember leaving and feeling devastated, it broke my heart.

PS: Did you think he was the one?
Elora: I really saw myself dating him and in the long term, thought that we'd be . . . Like, we're the best opposites but yet so similar. He'd be someone I'd introduce to my mum, so it was really hard.

PS: I can imagine the tipping comment you made generated a bit more of a dramatic reaction than you thought it would. What are your thoughts?
Elora: Yeah. First of all, it's funny if you don't take yourself too seriously. At the end of the day, the girls had just told Matty about my best friend, who know had to explain herself on national TV. To me, it was never about shaming. They were calling it sl*t-shaming, which I thought was outrageous, because it became a sl*t thing. So to me, it had nothing to do with that — she could've been a server. I was boiling with anger because [Leah] had broken my girl's heart, and I knew what Simone was going through. She was telling me how beautiful her chat was and how [Matty] was amazing, and it upset me. And because Simone was right next to me feeling devastated, I knew she was going to have to handle everything — I can't deal with people who hurt each other on purpose. I wouldn't take it back. Sharlene was really upset with me and was like, "Elora, you're usually someone who never brings other women down", but then sometimes, I do get angry. To me, I was really upset that Leah did that. It's better it came out as a joke than me screaming and losing my sh*t.

PS: Did you feel like you had to defend yourself a lot on the show?
Elora: Not really, I feel like now I do. Seeing it now and people's reactions, I do feel like I had to defend myself — about the kiss and the comment. There was nothing I would take back. I'd only say that people need to stop being so negative about how they take in everything. If they focus on seeing the better side, then this what I was on.

PS: The girls were annoyed with you about that kiss. Do you think they were justified or unjustified?
Elora: I think if they thought that I would do it in front of them without considering, then it'd be justified. But they know me, which is why I said, "I know you girls would understand." But in a way, I didn't know if Matty was kissing everyone at the cocktail party, so I guess I could've thought about it. But then, you don't really go on a date with Matty and say you're not going to kiss him, because tomorrow he's going on a date with someone else and he's going to kiss the other person. At the end of the day, we all know what we're getting ourselves into — we're dating the same guy. I'm not going to say, I'm not going to kiss him because he's dating someone else. When you're with him, you are just you. So I wouldn't have done it differently.

PS: Overall, how did you find your Bachelor experience?
Elora: It was pretty intense! I could've been on the sideline, the dark horse, the second date . . . But I was thrown into fire, pretty much. Getting the first date, coming in late, and the date away, so I feel like everything was thrown my way and it was really intense. But at the end of the day, it's who I am — I'm really passionate, so it really resembles.

PS: Who do you think should win?
Elora: Elise or Laura. Either of them would be good for Matty. They're both just like him — both different, but just like him. They really couldn't match his lifestyle better, they're like the girl versions of him.
Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am

High clap High clap
mercieme wrote:Interview with The AU Bachelor / Bachelorette Series Exec Producer
AllAboutLove wrote:Here's the complete article. 

Just a reminder cheerleader Tara cheerleader

FTR, Hillary Innes is senior Executive Producer for Channel Ten (think Robert Mills for ABC). She was brought on board in 2015 for Sam Frost's season and to establish the BetteAU seasons. Since then, Innes always gives some comment for each season and the lead. From following the comments she has made for past seasons, I usually take what she says with a grain of salt.

Ten Network is holding firm. The Bachelor, which returns on Wednesday at 7.30pm for its fifth series, will not be doubling its episode run to match a Married At First Sight marathon. And Matty J won’t be demanding his dates clamber up a warped wall before he hands them a rose.

Despite dramatic changes in the TV landscape, Ten is hoping audience desire for something new has been sated by the extraordinary success of Nine’s entertainment-sport behemoth hybrid Australian Ninja Warrior.

So will the romance reality program’s sponsors, which Ten will announce today as Wrigley’s Extra chewing gum, Underworks underwear brand, REST Industry Super, Hyundai and Harvey Norman.

This year in the romance genre Married At First Sight proved a big hit for Nine. Seven’s Seven Year Switch premiered to its lowest ratings ever, while Nine punted The Last Resort from prime time after it flopped.

Hilary Innes, executive producer of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, has very firm views about what works in the genre and what doesn’t.

“People do want a good mix of romance, drama and comedy and classic rom-com. Just like feature films or great pieces of literature. I am thinking Sleepless in Seattle, anything with Meg Ryan, such as When Harry Met Sally,” Innes tells The Australian.

It is the same message she ­delivers to her production team at Warner Bros. “It is a great place to look at what works about these films that you engage with, the fairytale of being transported to the drama and the comedy. We definitely want a laugh.”

Earlier this year Ten was shocked when its mid-ranking ­reality show, The Biggest Loser, which performed a solid but not spectacular job for the network at the start of the year, tanked after a massive costly revamp. Ms Innes has firm views on what works and what doesn’t.

“We can all get on the bandwagon a bit too much and think you can stretch the genre. Australians like to stay with tried and true,” she says. “Some of the ­others, maybe they didn’t have as much of the romance, which is huge in The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. We have built the ­romance hugely in these series and it’s wonderful.”

Step forward Matty J (Matthew Johnson) the 30-year-old non-threateningly handsome hunk who was dumped in the final episode of The Bachelorette last year when Georgia told him she had fallen in love, but “not with you”.

He’s such a wonderful romantic hero ... all things to all people. He is such a charmer. We played to that. He is such a romantic hero,” Innes says, adding he has “great conversation and a lot of strings to his bow”.

When Johnson was rejected in the grand finale last year, there was an instant backlash on social media.

“There is a lot to be said for bringing people through from previous series because there’s a backstory and you can see people’s engagement with them.”

If more than 900,000 people tune in to watch on Wednesday, Ten will be thrilled. Each season of the program has increased its debut ratings, but it is the demographics the program brings that provides the real value.

“It is a very well-targeted program,” says David Castran, chief executive of Audience Development Australia and who was a consultant for Ten in 2012. “So the key for advertisers is to minimise wastage and this is very well targeted to women in the 18 to 49 demo that Ten has.

“I see an opportunity to improve the quality of the billboards and boost the integration beyond ‘this program is brought to you by’. These generic billboards don’t give you the maximum as a sponsor. Britain does this very well and therefore the recall the client is going to get is boosted.”

Ten is not boosting the number of episodes in either program. There will be 16 episodes of The Bachelor and 12 episodes of The Bachelorette. Expect more of a focus on relationships between the bachelor and his dates, a modification requested by the audience.

“We see the emotional connection that fans already have with Matty J as an important ingredient for success, so there are clear signs of strength that should give brands increased confidence in being involved with the show,” says Sian Thomas, head of brand and content partnerships at media agency Initiative.

Innes promises to keep audiences surprised. “Rather than always ending and concluding where we have in the past, there are a few more open doors with the series that will keep people wanting more,’’ she says.

More does not include going as far as Love Island, which in Britain has transfixed the TV industry, not the mention the viewing public of two million. A reviewer in The Independent described the dating program: “Assorted young men and women so ripped and cosmetically enhanced that their bodies somehow look constantly angry, sit around in the walled garden of a villa and ogle/talk about each other. Will Darren tell Dave that he heard Jade erotically ­applied suncream to Jason on the decking? I don’t know, but I will sink into a blissful sofa coma as we find out regardless.”

A smash hit on digital channel ITV2, the big difference with Love Island is that nobody is coy about the sex. Ms Innes points out a tonal difference. “We are possibly a bit more conservative as an audience. I don’t think Australian audiences have taken to trashy celebrity formats as the UK’s Love Island.”

While The Bachelor is steady as she goes, The Bachelorette, now filming at the estate in northwestern Sydney, is set for a radical shake-up. That is due to the casting of Sophie Monk, a sharp break from the tradition of casting a new bachelor or bachelorette from the ranks of unsuccessful previous contestants. And Monk differs from previous bachelorettes in two important ways. First, she has been a celebrity since her group Bardot won Popstars back in 2000. And second, she is 37.

“She came to us and said ‘I can’t find love, the wrong men come to me all the time. I tried all the dating apps and find that they are tracking the wrong guys’ — It’s a story of women her age,” Ms Innes says.

Opposite Monk, the producers chose men in their 20s to 40s. “She is older. I just think the reality of life is that everyone doesn’t find someone in their mid or late-20s. It is a valid story about dating and life and finding your forever person. It actually makes for a very interesting series and we have guys who are starting out and guys who are more established.”

Ms Thomas predicts The Bachelorette will surge in popularity. “We believe Sophie’s celebrity factor will resonate with current fans and incentivise new audiences for Bachelorette, giving the show a big leg-up this year.”

At the end of the day, Ms Innes has one golden rule. “I am really happy that we make a program that plays more to the positives. There are so many negatives around that that is a really lovely aspect. I don’t want nasty TV and I don’t think viewers do either.”
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/sophies-choice-hits-bachelorette-demographics/news-story/d6b689cbe03c8fdbed15414085f98262
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:32 am

Cobie NW Mag Interview
The Bachelor's Cobie Frost reveals “Matty treated me like a dog!” The sweetest girl in the Bachie mansion was devastated when she was sent home.
After waiting six weeks for a second single date on The Bachelor Australia 2017, it was Cobie Frost’s turn to rekindle her spark with Matty Johnson. But no sparks were seen as the Bachie sent her packing on her date, with Cobie spilling to NW that she felt “stitched up on the date”. But there could be a reason for that, with the miner, 30, revealing that behind the scenes Matty was having a hard time dealing with all the girls’ drama. “He changed... he wasn’t the same guy we met on the first night,” she says. They never managed to re-capture the spark from their first date!

On Matty ditching her
It’s really funny because the girls were teaching me how to flirt before the date, so when we were together finally, I was like, 'Alright, I got this. Make sure you make eye contact.' Then I was like, 'How do I do this without being creepy?' I’m putting my hands on his legs, and I’m like cool it’s going really well, then he looks at me with those eyes and I’m like, 'Oh s---!' He’s like, 'So Cobie, you’ve got all these great qualities, you know? You are really nice and lovely, you always have a good time but it’s just not there.' I didn’t see it coming – I thought I had at least one more rose ceremony left in me. I think I’d rather he tell me at the beginning of the date, so we could have a good day and have fun! I am joyful for what it was, but I feel like I was a little bit naïve and it was just a bit brutal. I worked so hard to get his attention, but I thought, I shouldn’t have to try this hard. I felt like a dog at the RSPCA, you know, you see all these puppies and you want to take them home, but you can’t because he’s already got puppies...

On how Matty didn’t want to connect with her…
I feel like I got stitched up! The date he took me on was more of a mate date. I got to go horse riding for my first date, which is really cool, but it’s just really hard to connect and talk...Then for my second date, which I waited six weeks for, was a tight rope date. So, once again, he would be finishing the obstacle without me and that’s when I figured out that it was not going to go really well. I’m still grateful because I still got to hang out with him, but I was pretty devastated I didn’t get to say bye to the girls!

On getting a "sympathy rose" last week
I don’t think he gave me the rose at the cocktail party because I opened up about my relationship fears on the group date, I think he gave me the rose because he could see I was trying and not getting anywhere. I think it was just like, 'You’re really good company, you want to have good experiences with people that make you happy and let you have a good time. [You’re] not stirring any trouble with anyone and not doing any harm by being there so…'

On Matty’s meltdown
Matty is great, he is such a good guy and I felt sorry for him the whole time because there was so much drama. This is Matty’s journey, why is this happening? Why can’t everyone get along? I really felt for him because everything’s on him and his integrity is being challenged. And I was just like 'Oh my God!' Even if you watch the show, you can notice the beginning of it he’s pretty light-hearted and having a great time, then all this drama comes and you can kind of see a strip in his mannerism...You can tell that it’s affecting him as well, so I felt bad for him! It’s supposed to be him finding love and now it’s an out-of-control journey for him.

On getting over him…
I think it wasn’t that I had to get over Matty, it was just the experience I had to move on from. I think the drama in the house took more of a toll of me than the relationship with Matty. The only thing I was upset about was not saying goodbye! I was upset. I cried a lot and it was really overwhelming, but also a relief of stress to be sent home. I think it was more of a weight lifted off my shoulders that this part of the journey is over and I can start healing again.

On how The Bachelor broke her…
I had a lot of anxiety. I was really stressed out in the house and I think at that moment I was let go, I might’ve realised that I’ve taken so many steps backwards. You know, staying in the house for as long as I had, knowing nothing was going to happen...I was more disappointed in myself that I let go of all my values and my belief in myself, thinking that I didn’t deserve better. Where usually if something like this situation happened to me, I would leave. But in this instance, I just stuck around and I kind of wonder why I did?

On Matty’s favourites
I always knew like that the girls in the top four would always be the top four. But I just had to stay positive and just keep smiling! Pretty much after my single date, I think I realised [who Matty liked]. You can see who gets more time than what you get. My chats at the cocktail party were really short and I feel like I was fighting for some time and I never really got it. Everyone was [crazy about] Matty, especially the top four and that’s why they deserve to be there and they’re there for the right reasons.

On who will win…
Maybe Tara or Elise but I’m like I hope he doesn’t pick [Tara] because I want her all to myself [laughs].

On being single…
Yeah I’m still single, I’m working in mining so I think I’m going to be single for a while.
Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:49 am

Elora NW Mag Interview
The Bachelor’s Elora: “Matty’s a coward.  The Tahitian babe isn’t impressed with our Bachie’s break-up technique…
The Bachelor Australia's Elora Murger didn’t have much to say as she was booted from the bachie mansion tonight, probably in a bid to process the fact she won’t be having Matty Johnson's babies. Well, we imagine that’s what she was thinking…But now, in an exclusive chat with NW, Elora is unleashing her wrath on our Bachie – and let’s just say it’ll burn him harder than her fire twirlers ever could.

“I think it was cowardly of him for him not to hug me,” she tells NW.

“He did not sit next to me and hear me out. I think he was an easy way out for him. I think I deserved a lot more than what he gave me. I deserved a sit down and a conversation. I am a lot to handle but then he told me he would’ve clipped my wings. It questioned my integrity and everything like why I wanted to be on the show. It made me really angry. I think I looked ridiculous because I had nothing to say to him. I was upset.”

And you really can’t blame her for being mad Matty sent her home, given how well suited she and him were on paper – having trumped the other girls in a compatibility group date last week.

“Whatever idea he came up with I think it was twisted he made us go through,” she says of the often bizarre group scenarios.

“He could’ve been more discrete and nice about it you know. I have nothing to say to him right now.”

But just because he’s in her bad books right now, doesn’t mean Elora’s ruled out seeing Matty again.

“I would see him and hug him, and be like ‘Oh my god, you put me through hell. Like s---, I hope everything you put your girls through was worth it!’” she teases.

“I’d hug him tight. You put yourself through a lot as well. It’s probably hard to break girl’s heart.”
Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:53 pm

HTD Preview

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Bobette wrote:

Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:06 am

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:20 am

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:36 am

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 am

Flo "Now to Love" Exit Interview....she picks Elise here as the winner
"Personally I think that’s a weak excuse!" The Bachelor's Florence doesn't hold back about Matty The Dutch beauty has a lot to say, so Matty J you best take a seat.

No one could quite say it like it is the way Florence Alexandra Sophia did on The Bachelor Australia 2017. It was easy to see why Matty J was completely smitten with the 27-year-old but in the end, his feelings just weren't strong enough for her. Now To Love caught up with the Belgium-born beauty...And unlike Dutch pancakes, Florence has no desire to sugar-coat anything from her Bachelor experience.

How do you think your home visit went?
I loved it! I was really excited for him to meet my friends and I hadn’t seen them in a long time so it was so good to be with them again.

Can you talk me through who Matty met, what their impressions of him were and how he got on with them?
I wasn’t there when he met Marly but I heard she was full on – but that’s OK! I would be the same. They liked him but my friends told me I was holding back and they didn’t really see it. That was their opinion on Matty… And they weren’t wrong because it didn’t work out.

Were you shocked when he sent you home?
No, I wasn’t to be honest. I wasn’t in love at that point. Don’t get me wrong I really, really liked him and he’s a 10/10 but I wasn’t in love yet. It all fell into place. When he didn’t give me a rose I was relieved because it was over and I didn’t have to struggle with the thought of ‘Am I in love?’ or ‘Will I ever fall in love with him?’ and ‘What if I make it to the top 2 and I still am not feeling it?’ It’s good he knew it wasn’t there and put me out of my misery [Laughs]. I’m glad he’s moving on with those three amazing girls.

Do you think he was worried that you might want to return to Europe to live one day?
He said he was worried about me moving back to Europe but personally I think that’s a weak excuse! I told him I wouldn’t and I have every reason to stay here.Personally I thought that wasn’t really a reason, I think he just had better connections with the other girls.

Do you think Elise, Tara and Laura are well-suited to him?
Yes.

You’ve said you weren’t in love with Matty but were you falling?
The way I see it you’re either in love or you’re not. There’s no such thing as “falling in love” or “I’m on my way to falling in love with you”. For me it just happens. When I’m in love it just hits me. And it didn’t hit me. But in an environment like that you keep telling yourself that it might happen. You get confused and then you get jealous of the other girls… it is a lot! I definitely wasn’t on my way to falling in love… How would that even work?

Talk me through that final rose ceremony?
I was really nervous! It’s nerve-wracking to go into any rose ceremony but I spent one week by myself and it gave me too much time to think. But when I didn’t receive a rose it was good!

Who do you think will win?
Ooo! I’ve got my money on Elise but at the same time Laura is a really good catch. And Tara has strong chemistry with him. It’s so hard but I think Elise is well suited.

Do you think Matty’s found real love in there and will it go the distance?
Yes I think so! He seems ready to fall in love. And so do the girls who are left. Whoever he chooses, I’m sure it will last. But you can’t predict the future.

Last year’s Bachelorette Georgia Love slammed your hand mould date with Matty, saying it was too X-rated. What are your thoughts on this?
I don’t know how she said it? I watched the Bachelorette the other day, I hadn’t seen it. She seemed really lovely so I don’t think she’d say something in a malicious way. Maybe she thinks it is more X-rated than other seasons. If I did offend or embarrass her, then sorry… not sorry! Life moves on.

You and Matty had a few sexy dates and of course that Ghost moment, what was that like? Did it just build up the sexual tension even more?
It’s really hard to think about sex when you’re dating the same guy with 20 other girls and there’s cameras everywhere [Laughs]. It can be strange.There was definitely chemistry. I think if I had met him at the pub after a few drinks then umm… Yeap [Laughs]. Maybe that would have been a different ending.

What about claims Matty and Elora had an overnight date, what’s your belief on this?
I think it is a very good story but if it did happen then I can’t blame him. I mean, have you seen Elora? I would jump on her if I was a man. She’s hot and she is so sexual. She really is such an amazing girl. I wouldn’t be surprised [if it did happen] but I don’t think it did.

What are your thoughts on Elora’s very dramatic exit and claims she burnt photos of her and Matty?
I haven’t asked her if it is true [the burning], but I think we’ve all been there – where you’ve burnt belongings of your ex-boyfriend. At some point I did! So if that’s what she’s done to make herself feel better then good on her. Her exit was really dramatic and very hard to watch. It is never fun to see anyone be upset and I knew how much she wanted him. I felt a bit guilty at the time because he said ‘Florence’ and not her name. I actually think it was my most emotional moment from the season. It was not fun.

What do you family think of your time on the show? Have they watched it?
Yes! Even my grandparents. I didn’t really enjoy them watching it. It is so awkward knowing your granddad and father are watching you make out with a guy and making sex jokes. I usually wouldn’t share with them that side. My family is proud and they just love it! They think I’ve come across well and I would never want to disappoint them.

One of the things the public loved about you is how blunt you are – how did that go down in the house?
They didn’t like it all the time. I did have some girls say to me during little arguments, ‘You know what Florence, I don’t like the way you speak and say what you think! You can keep things to yourself!’ But that’s not who I am. I’d rather say it upfront. Like when the rumours about Leah started circulating I just asked her if she was a stripper or not? Are you wearing clothes while you’re doing this? How many garments are you wearing? Is there a skimpy bikini or a t-shirt? And she appreciated that I just asked her. Sometimes my bluntness is a good and sometimes it isn’t. Oh well! [Laughs].

Have you met anyone since leaving the show or are you enjoying single life?
I’m definitely enjoying life but it’s not like I’m going d--- hunting all the time. I’m not just dating anyone at the moment and I haven’t really been dating to be honest. I’ve been focused on other things with the show happening – and people not knowing what my place on the show was… I found it really hard to trust anyone. Maybe that will change now… I’m not desperate [Laughs].

Would you consider being on The Bachelorette?
100% I would love that!

What sort of guy would you be looking for? Someone like Matty J?
No! Tall, dark and handsome… Sporty, great sense of humour, great cook please and obviously he’ll cook for me. Actually I can email you my list and if you run into someone that’s good for me then let me know!

Who are you close to from the mansion?
Laura, Elise , Lisa, Cobie, Simone , Elora

Is there one thing you’ll treasure from the Bachie?
The entire experience! It was honestly the best time!
Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+10
Billysmom
Just Looking
Valancy
SugarAndSpice
BasicallytheFBI
GuardianAngel
Bobette
mercieme
carraiger
AllAboutLove
14 posters