SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

truelove - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

Post by Kashathediva Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:08 pm

I have to ashamedly admit, I would rather have the flu, dental work and a colonoscopy all at the same time than be around any of my DH's family even for a few days.
As far as my own family of origin, root canal and mammogram.
I am so over drama and hysteria. Put me in a cave with a few good books and wifi and I am a happy camper. Oh and my Kasha, DH, Lester pup and grandson. Maybe my kids can visit occas.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

truelove - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

Post by bleuberry Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:13 pm

You and me both Kasha! I'm blessed to live on the other side of the world as my ILs. :halo:

truelove - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Seems Lauren is around Ben's parents all the time. No wonder she misses her family. laugh out loud

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  truelove - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 1f49c

truelove - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 8367-910 truelove - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 I_got_13 truelove - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 E5kqdm15 truelove - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11981

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Maybe she couldn't find last minute flghts later on. Personally, I don't find it odd at all, but that's just me. If he doesn't join her quckly, then it might be something hmmmm worthy. Imo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:23 pm

They obviously had these plans for a while since they openly talked about it a while ago. Don't think it means anything other than they spend a lot of time together already and wanted to equally spend the holidays with their families since it's obvious they are very close to them. When you get married and have kids you start your own traditions, they're still young w no kids so make this compromise while you can.

IMO I think we as society place too much emphasis on what people SHOULD do based on what we expect. If kaitlyn and Shawn don't want to get married good for them, just be happy. If Jojo wants to live in Dallas while Jordan works elsewhere, good for them. If Ben and Lauren chose to spend Christmas apart to accommodate both families, that's their choice.  Just saw a picture of Lauren doing a puzzle with bens parents last night on twitter and a fan pic of them both at church. Sweet, normal things.

I do stand by the belief Ben needs to find a career that makes him happy. I think hes struggling with that while Lauren has found what makes her happy and pays the bills. I don't question their love though, those two imo still very much love each other. I expect the wedding, and imagine they'll be in the same place at the same time for that important day. giggling
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:36 pm

SeekAny wrote:They obviously had these plans for a while since they openly talked about it a while ago. Don't think it means anything other than they spend a lot of time together already and wanted to equally spend the holidays with their families since it's obvious they are very close to them. When you get married and have kids you start your own traditions, they're still young w no kids so make this compromise while you can.

IMO I think we as society place too much emphasis on what people SHOULD do based on what we expect. If kaitlyn and Shawn don't want to get married good for them, just be happy. If Jojo wants to live in Dallas while Jordan works elsewhere, good for them. If Ben and Lauren chose to spend Christmas apart to accommodate both families, that's their choice.  Just saw a picture of Lauren doing a puzzle with bens parents last night on twitter and a fan pic of them both at church. Sweet, normal things.

I do stand by the belief Ben needs to find a career that makes him happy. I think hes struggling with that while Lauren has found what makes her happy and pays the bills. I don't question their love though, those two imo still very much love each other. I expect the wedding, and imagine they'll be in the same place at the same time for that important day. giggling

Just as a note, Jordan lives in Dallas with JoJo. Jordan only works in NC four days a month, which is over now until the football season starts again.

I guess for me, it has nothing to do with what society places on people. Everyone is different and can do their own thing. If this is what Lauren and Ben want then that's great. However, I know for me, and everyone else that I know, when you love someone and you're starting a new life together, I can't imagine not wanting to be with that person on Christmas. As others have stated, this is their first Christmas where they can be out in the open and enjoy it together, but that's not happening and that's just simply odd to me. To each their own, but it's puzzling. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:44 pm

IMO this has nothing to do with expectations as a society. It is about Lauren and Ben feeling they're okay being apart on a very important day and what that says about their bond and what type of relationship these two are building here. IMO.

As for Lauren's "job," she has the same job as literally every other contestant from this show from the past 5 years. I can't imagine she thinks this career of shilling $300 ponchos will last. All IMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:53 pm

I guess if you really want to know you can tweet them or something Smiley. I personally couldn't care less, they obviously have their reasons, whether good or bad.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 pm

It's about the season. Not just the day. Ben and Lauren will have spent the majority of this Christmas season together. I'm guessing they reunite on the 26th to resume attached at the hip status.

Great post @SeekAny ITA.

Last edited by sosleepy on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 pm

Even if it wasn't a mutual decision, it wouldn't surprise me. I definitely don't have the opinion that they are perfect without issues. They're still seeing both sides of the family at some point. It would be even more weird if they just separated for Christmas and flew back to their shared home.

truelove - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:59 pm

I really didn't watch the Ben and Lauren show but I saw clips of it. I never thought that Ben was "acting" when he said that he didn't want to get married, only for the happy resolution later. My sense was that he was speaking from the heart. I agree that he just doesn't seem "all in." Just my opinion. Happy Holidays everyone- you are keeping me laughing as I read through here!

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:00 pm

IMO if it was about the season, not the day, they would spend x number of days with one set of parents and then fly together (regardless what day, before or after THE day) to the other set IMO. It's very obviously about THE day to them considering how they've structure this non-compromise (to me).

Last edited by Alanna on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

+55
Miyala
notarose
sbolduc
Anon1234
George1218