SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by Sprite Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm

ElonM wrote:The Bachelor's Nick Viall Gets Honest About Vanessa, Corinne, and Why He's the Same Guy from Andi Dorfman's Season
http://www.glamour.com/story/the-bachelor-nick-viall-interview

That is a really great interview.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by OnePromise Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:40 pm

ElonM wrote:The Bachelor's Nick Viall Gets Honest About Vanessa, Corinne, and Why He's the Same Guy from Andi Dorfman's Season

Best interview this season so far for me. I appreciate that it was balanced and Nick was able to more clearly identify his thoughts. I'm looking forward to the interview with Vanessa being posted later tonight. It will be nice to hear from Nick's "better half".

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Great interview. I've always enjoyed reading interviews with Nick because I find his thoughts and outlook very interesting. This stood out to me.

Nick: I didn’t realize Liz went into [the show right] off the bat wondering if I would remember [that we slept together] and then subsequently be intrigued by the idea that I didn’t. That immediately rubbed me the wrong way. To me, it begged the question of like, "Alright, if you thought I was the type of guy who wouldn’t remember that evening, then why would I then be a guy you thought maybe you could fall in love with?" I can’t imagine any person would want to fall in love with someone who didn't remember their first encounter, especially given what happened when we first met. So, that was surprising.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks for sharing! IA with everyone who has posted previously that this was a great interview. It really showed Nick's self-awareness and how he remains accountable for his actions, where most people would probably make excuses. I look forward to Vanessa's interview after the show. Loved the bit about her having a bowl of spaghetti when the reporter came in to see her.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Great interview indeed and I so agreed with him on his thoughts about Liz. You'd have to have pretty low self-esteem to want to pursue someone who didn't remember having sex with you. I think she was just trying to save face but those comments were baffling.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:16 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

Great interview. I've always enjoyed reading interviews with Nick because I find his thoughts and outlook very interesting. This stood out to me.

Nick: I didn’t realize Liz went into [the show right] off the bat wondering if I would remember [that we slept together] and then subsequently be intrigued by the idea that I didn’t. That immediately rubbed me the wrong way. To me, it begged the question of like, "Alright, if you thought I was the type of guy who wouldn’t remember that evening, then why would I then be a guy you thought maybe you could fall in love with?" I can’t imagine any person would want to fall in love with someone who didn't remember their first encounter, especially given what happened when we first met. So, that was surprising.

Either while still sober or later while intoxicated Liz made the decision to put sex on her dance card that night at the wedding...as did Nick.  What followed, including the breakup, reminds me of what so many of the male alumni have said about it being difficult to date after being on the show.  There seems to be a fan sector much like the rock band/musician groupies that travel the circuit in hopes of collecting a souvenir beyond the usual autograph/selfie. Liz put herself in the position of being suspect as that type.  Was she? Unclear.  She may just be spontaneous to her detriment and contradictory by nature.
I think this situation identifies 1 of a handful of buttons Nick doesn't like pushed.  In this case, someone under-estimating his ability to know when a ruse is in play.  With Liz it was her contradictions that made it illogical. It also pushed the "when you were on BIP" button. Like many long term Nick fans, I don't see a different Nick.  I see more layers of the same person.
The other button is "4th times a charm".  It implies that a person is a failure when a relationship doesn't work out instead of recognizing the relationship failed.  It also implies that finding love has a deadline.

Great interview.  Much better than those that ask the standard questions and leads that give formulaic answers. His ability to clearly articulate his thought processes indicates, to me, that he values his experiences enough, good or bad, to reflect on what they mean to him and his life. IMO

Last edited by notarose on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Echoing everyone else but yes, that was a great interview. I thought the interviewer asked great questions and more importantly, stayed back and let him get his thoughts out as articulately and clearly as possible.

I actually can understand why Nick gets irritated about the comments referring to his so call change on BIP because I've been saying that I didn't buy that either. The whole, "you were suddenly a good guy" thing was crap. It's just the show decided Josh was their easier target so the edit left Nick alone. But as a person who liked Nick from day one, I thought he was the same guy.

Interesting to hear about his business and it actually makes sense to me and is smart in my opinion. Nick comes from the sales world so he has that acumen and as he said, he has some bit of fame that might help because new businesses are always tough to get off the ground. I wish him luck with it.

And of course the interviewer picked Vanessa. By the way, if I didn't already believe all the evidence points to the spoiler of Vanessa as F1 being right, Nick's response to Raven's comment solidified it. I'm sorry, Nick sounded pissed there and I cannot see him reacting that way if this is who he picked in the end. Just my opinion. And once again, he coincidentally side stepped any talk of Vanessa when the interviewer gushed about her.

Loved the bit about her having a bowl of spaghetti when the reporter came in to see her.

Girl really does like to eat. Another sure sign she's F1 - it'll explain all that damn food on Nick's snaps. And I was happy to hear what she had in the book she showed him since the producers edited it out.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:30 pm

lleyki wrote:Interesting to hear about his business and it actually makes sense to me and is smart in my opinion. Nick comes from the sales world so he has that acumen and as he said, he has some bit of fame that might help because new businesses are always tough to get off the ground. I wish him luck with it.

I was going to say, the business idea of men's grooming products is actually pretty smart considering a lot of people talk about Nick's "glo up". He's a walking ad for his business! I mean, I thought he looked fine in Andi and Kaitlyn's seasons, but I think the beard has made him even more attractive to both women AND men.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Great Interview! I agree with the others that it was one of the best ones so far.

notarose wrote: The other button is "4th times a charm".  It implies that a person is a failure when a relationship doesn't work out instead of recognizing the relationship failed.  It also implies that finding love has a deadline.

IA! :yes: It is also one of the reasons I didn't like Raven's comment. I don't think Nick led with his sexuality at all in Andi and Jen's case. Kaitlyn, maybe but they were also at a much different place in the relationship due to their off-camera conversations prior to the show. Even though that line was a good sound bite, it was hardly true even in the context of Nick's 3 on-camera relationships.

I also don't like the implication that one is a failure if they haven't found the right person within a few attempts. Personally, I would be perfectly okay with as many attempts required to find the one instead of setting for someone and then being miserable/making him miserable in the long run. 'Don't settle' is my motto for both jobs and relationships so I totally relate with Nick in that regard.

All JMO. Smiley
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Yeah, there's my Nick!!! So many questions answered. So little negativity left to ponder about esp regarding this journey that includes Corrine. Love him or dislike him, its a good read.

I also got the impression that as he described LA (out in LA), it may not be home base anymore. I wish he had said exactly where he is living! All in due time. I'm sure the ATFR will answer what his plans are or hopefully their plans!

Thanks for posting the link/article! Made my day, no matter how whip cream drama(opinions) ensue again tonight after episode airs. The best is yet to come...I'm sure of it! Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 4 1710264613  Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 4 2498057887

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:29 pm

This is purely based on my opinion as I don't know Nick or his family personally, but I think that part of the reason he holds such a strong position on not settling when it comes to relationships is because his parents' marriage has set that standard for him.

Do I think Nick is going to be a righteous man and wait for the perfect wife to come along? LOL, hell no. I think he's enjoyed his bachelorhood and the perks that come with being semi-famous. But I think he approached this opportunity to be TB with an open mind that he MIGHT meet someone he wouldn't settle for. If spoilers are true, but RS' rumours are wrong, then perhaps he found her.

Now, I don't know any details about his parents' marriage but I do know they have 11 kids and they've been married for over 36 years. Having been a part of that for all his life, I can see why he would want to emulate the loyalty and partnership that is pretty evident in that marriage.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:32 pm

@mprssdbyu
Yes, I've been getting the feeling that Nick's home base has changed. He seems to talk like LA is a temporary home base. The place he has been staying per IG story and Snapchat does not appear like a home but rather a temporary place to live.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

+80
Ash2214
albean99
Alanna
Edgarretana10
umngirl