SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 45 of 49 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOLA - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 45 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:25 am

I wonder if it was intentional that they grouped together by the color of their dresses - it's like I'm looking in a closet of clothes organized by color.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

NOLA - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 45 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mizzoufan Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:51 am

For whatever it's worth I think Nick is being very sincere. I don't think he's a bad lead. Is he a good as I thought he'd be no.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:20 am

Its not Nick whos letting me down this season, its tptb and this pathetic edit. Im sticking with it because Im interested in watching 3 of the 4 HTD's and everything else up to the FRC and ATFR.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:24 am

I think too many stories happened in this episode that they had a problem showing all of it so they picked the highlights.  I was wondering what had upset Rachel too much that she had to validate her value?  Seems like she witnessed it herself, "I was there!"  Could she have seen Nick and Vanessa and their interaction?  

I think this week, we saw that Nick unraveling, realizing that he has been too focused on ensuring that the women had fun (or ensuring he has a great show/season) that he forgot that he was supposed to be looking for the one.  So my thoughts are validated that his break down is about him realizing that the ladies (Danielle L and even Dani M) are ones he pegged as perfect packages but seemed to have problem connecting to at that emotional level.  So even if he has this great connections with Rachel, Raven, Vanessa - could it be that there are still too many distractions that his heart is confused and haven't engaged fully?  Note that in addition to the perfect package (looks, accomplishments, spunk) he is looking for "adventure and raw."  So Nick had just provided us his measuring stick and rationale for his elimination process. IMO 

Unfortunately, Nick has empathy and have been in these ladies shoes so many times that he internalizes their feelings as they get rejected.  Must be very hard for him.

I'm still upset that TPTB has given us an all-over-the-place episode this week.  But hoping that next week will be better.  So no rose ceremonies at all next week either.

Last edited by Catdwoman50 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:25 am

I haven't watched the episode yet, so I might be off base.

Did this show, that has not in over 30 seasons cast a black person as a lead, have Lorna, a black woman cater to Corinne's needs?! Really?!? How tone deaf can this show be? Did she really compare her to her own personal nanny?! An adult woman who can't function with basic chores needs the hotel staff to pamper her? Really? That is just, IMO, too much.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:36 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:I haven't watched the episode yet, so I might be off base.

Did this show, that has not in over 30 seasons cast a black person as a lead, have Lorna, a black woman cater to Corinne's needs?! Really?!? How tone deaf can this show be? Did she really compare her to her own personal nanny?! An adult woman who can't function with basic chores needs the hotel staff to pamper her? Really? That is just, IMO, too much.

About the black maid ....the population is about 3/4,s black ... dont see the big deal about it , they probably got a staff member to come in and pamper the girls ...especially Coriinne just for the footage to mock her. Corinne was the one being dissed.

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:41 am

northernviewer wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:I haven't watched the episode yet, so I might be off base.

About the black maid ....the population is about 3/4,s black ... dont see the big deal about it , they probably got a staff member to come in and pamper the girls ...especially Coriinne just for the footage to mock her.  Corinne was the one being dissed.

Except that's not how it came across to some, including myself. I get that some saw nothing wrong with the whole thing and yes, 90 percent of the population of most Caribbean islands is black. However, the reality is there is an uncomfortable history that exists between black people and white people and so no, speaking for myself as a black woman, I did not enjoy seeing a woman old enough to probably be a grandmother waiting on some spoiled, pampered blonde white girl while it's all "in good fun". Like I said in another page, all that was missing was for Corinne to call her Mamee to really complete the offensive picture.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:48 am

Im sorry, but i dont se anything wrong with people doing any job...being a maid and cleaning rooms is not a demeaning job...its a job...same as working in a burger joint or working retail ...nothing wrong with good honest work.

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:54 am

And this in a nutshell is what keeps TPTB from being more diverse with a lead. ^^ They do their own schtick whether it is politically correct or not. This is them. They don't think twice about the issue mentioned above.
FWIW--I'm not saying a yay or nay about the issue. I'm saying this is the show.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:59 am

I think it was all produced to incite these discussions. I agree, I don't think that women dressed "Gone with the Wind" type of clothing (complete with bonnet) to serve people where ever this was filmed. In as much as TPTB wanted to make fun of Corinne, I believe they were a bit insensitive with the subject matter at hand.

Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:59 am

I thought this was the worst episode in a while, it was hard for me to even get through. And I may have actually blacked out at one point because I remember DLo talking about dancing and I don't remember them dancing. At all.

The editing in this episode was horrendous. IMO, there were a lot of things that seemed to pick up half way through something and a lot of it felt out of left field. It made no sense and definitely felt like we were missing pieces.

Random observation - they've now shown 2 of the f3 confronting doubts directly with Nick, and 1 of them voicing doubts in PI's but not directly with Nick (Raven). FWIW, I will not be surprised if Rachel is f2 instead of Raven, and I think Raven will be next 'Ette.

Speaking of Rachel - I don't think they did her any favors with the editing shitshow last night. By not explaining that it was a competition date, it seemed like her frustrations/doubts were out of left field and overly emotional. We talked at length about whether V was whiney or not from the preview, but the way they edited last night I thought was actually worse for Rachel who seemed to have a meltdown out of nowhere. On the other hand, this showed that Nick really really likes Rachel.
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:06 am

Maddy wrote:
Sean Lowe @SeanLowe09  

Cat: "Nick is being distant."

Me: "Maybe he has diarrhea like I did on a date and just doesn't feel like talking."

#TheBachelor
cantstopl cantstopl cantstopl

Sean was kinda funny last night. Cat must've been helping him. laugh out loud

Last edited by bleuberry on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

NOLA - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 45 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 49 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+65
traveler90
George1218
Cocoasneeze
nikikass
Stacia620