SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Page 42 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

goals - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6 - Page 42 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Post by mindless Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:00 am

These two can suck the romance out of any day. But good luck to them!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

goals - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6 - Page 42 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Post by Ash2214 Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:02 am

I agree that some people aren't necessarily romantic or super gushy, but you don't have to be romantic to have a nice, short and sweet caption IMO.

The "I love this holiday and whoever created it! Oh and let me make some quick cash by tagging a company to my Valentine's Day picture" thing just makes me laugh laugh out loud

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:06 am

I'll give them a C+ for effort.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:08 am

Well. That whole social media thing goes over my head with advertising, making a buck from it and inviting the whole world to follow your page. I freely admit I am a different generation and value my privacy. So it's a very different value system/culture to me.
But--I have often posted a nice photo or greeting etc regarding a loved one, but my sm is also kept very private and limited to real friends.
I have to admit, I enjoy reading all this new dissemination of info.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 am

Ben is hopping on the watch bandwagon! First timer laugh out loud

I love Lauren's boots. And her bag. I need them both.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:21 am

Honestly Lauren's entire outfit is a LOOK. That's about all the nice things I have to say about that post.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:56 am

I see nothing wrong with her post actually. I'm feeling, that whatever they do right now, it gets ripped apart. First they weren't spending enough time together. Then they don't post real time pictures of each other. When they do both, their facial expressions get ripped apart.

IMO they've been having some issues, but have not broken up. They're IMO figuring things out, and seems like are trying to get back on track, whatever that track is.

Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:51 am

Agreed. They really are damned if they do, damned if they don't for some people. If/ When they get married, there will be people claiming they don't really love each other. Gawd, it must be wear on them. If I were them I wouldn't post many couple pictures either.

The picture is barely a glinpse into what their V-Day was like.
I say kudos to Lauren because there's about 200 comments on her picture and the majority of them are positive. A lot may be about her outfit and purse, but I'm sure she'd rather read those comments than plastic surgery allegations and "you're not good enough for Ben."

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:13 am

I agree -- it seems like whatever they do, they are going to get comments about it (especially Lauren). I am glad to see that they are trying to work things out and spending some quality time together.

I personally don't see anything wrong with tagging the watch company as a way to make money and to get free items from the "shilling". Maybe I am not a "romantic" to some people, but I figure if you can make money, get free trips and merchandise, etc. all for tagging companies in an Instagram post -- why not do that? Denver is not a cheap place to live.

I personally think Lauren is a pretty forgiving person (I admire that)-- she was blindsided, embarrassed and probably humiliated when Ben changed his mind on their TV show and called off their TV wedding. When Ben did this -- he also decided to give up an extremely nice wedding that was going to be paid for by the network as well as a hefty cash payment for allowing it to be broadcast on the network. That was not Lauren's decision. Maybe I am a little more practical than some, but that would sting as well.

I am surprised that Ben did not get more flack for doing this. First the 2 ILYs, then publicly stating that he would marry Lauren tomorrow to then calling off their TV wedding -- as much as I like Ben and have liked them together as a couple, I don't know how he still comes off as being so wonderful to so many? Is it because he is a guy and many tend to give males more slack than females? If Lauren had done this rather than Ben -- I think she would have had a very negative reaction from people (much more so than Ben did). This is all JMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:52 am

Honestly, if any of these couples used their Valentine's Day post as an ad and then had that generic caption, I would find it funny and comment on it being ridiculous. IMO, I would bet any of these couples would get some flack for it, not just Lauren and Ben. At least both of their outfits are on point.

Ben was shown off as being "perfect Ben" from day one and for whatever reason, people really bought into it. I've never seen Ben get criticized for anything really on social media. Even his fans don't like him with Lauren, which is sad because she gets all of the hate not from just trolls, but also people that like Ben. I also blame HEA because even the Ben was the azz in it, all of his fans freaked out thinking Lauren wasn't good enough for Ben and that's why he doesn't want to marry her. Crazy. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:10 am

Hey - at least they are honest and not try hard. I appreciate that. I'm scrolling through my IG feed and MANY/MOST of these other couple brands are VERY try hard yesterday. They are advertising too. They are shilling their couple brand on the love day. laugh out loud 

We know L&B are having issues. I think it's kinda obvious they are trying. And in the mean time, they aren't OTT and pretending they are something they are not. Good for them. And as far as advertising, they all tag clothing and brands, some more blatant then others. Lauren is hardly the worse offender here. If you judge her, you have to judge others.  Valentines Day or not.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:17 am

But this is Ben and Lauren's thread, not other couples.  That is why they are being discussed.

And since we don't compare other couples, as that always leads to a downward spiral of melt downs, edits and results in the thread being locked.  Let's stay on topic.... Ben and Lauren: the good, bad, ugly, happy and sad.... All thoughts are welcome.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

+68
richmondrose
ElonM
mamahamme
cookielover12
Jolena