SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 8 Feb 20 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 56 of 58 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 8 Feb 20 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 56 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 8 Feb 20 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:12 pm

crunchycheeto wrote:Okay, I know long posts are discouraged but hear me (or Nick) out. I saw the comment upthread that Nick talking about Rachel was word for word the same as what was said to Vanessa's dad. And I thought my memory was failing me because I couldn't remember such a thing, so I watched parts of the episode again, including the entirety of Rachel's date. Here's what I found:

Lots of great conversations about church and race. But I didn't see any conversations about a possible engagement. Here's the closest I could find:

On Rachel's mother’s question about red flags: Nick’s response included the fact that they communicate really well. He feels like they get each other in a way where they have a lot in common; they can laugh together and give each other a hard time in a playful way. “She’s a big personality but I love that about her.” It's what attracted him the most about her.

Nick’s talk with Vanessa’s dad — Nick says he has tough decisions to make. Vanessa’s dad points out there are three other women. Nick says there’s no denying that but he would never disrespect the people Vanessa cares most about or her. He then says that she is someone very special to him and so if it gets to that point [making a tough decision], if he and Vanessa are two adults who are madly in love with each other decide that they want to take that leap of faith and get engaged, would he have her dad’s blessing. Would he be okay with it if she were happy and she believed it was the right decision to get engaged. V’s dad says he can’t just give his blessing…. Then V’s dad asks him what the ‘blessing’ means to him if he were a father. Nick says he would like to think that it means he’d feel comfortable about the young man making that commitment and honour that commitment to his daughter. He also added that [the hypothetical young man] would respect his daughter and giver her the life he would want for her. “I think the most honest thing I can say to you about this very unique and weird situation is that I will never make a decision with your daughter, especially if it’s to want to be with her in life, if I don’t think it’s right.” Then he says that he respects V that much to not do that. He says it’s real life for him. He cares very much for her. She makes him very happy. Then her dad basically says “sounds good” and that he doesn’t want her to get hurt, and to be happy. Nick said he wants the same thing.

And just for added discussion (the brevity reflects the length of these particular scenes):

Nick asking Raven’s dad — If he and Raven get to the end and they’re two people who can’t say goodbye to each other and want to go a step further and get engaged… then he asks him if he’s comfortable with it as long as his daughter is okay with it.

Nick’s asking Corinne’s dad — If he’s lucky enough to have it all end with someone he is deeply in love with, and if he and Corinne get to the end and they, as a couple, decide to get engaged… then he asks if Corinne’s dad would be okay with it.

Yes, they are--per the bolded.
however every once in a while a longer post succinctly states facts (I love facts) and puts things into prospective.
SO thank you. yes
Nicely and logically stated, IMO.
BTW--the only reason the mod staff frowns on long posts is the majority will skim and not read.
Great, valid points can be missed solely due to length.
So, it's also a selfishness from our POV.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 8 Feb 20 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 56 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 8 Feb 20 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by coolangel Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:14 pm

ReneeM wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Also, I gotta say... 

When Ben teared up with Lauren's sister last year everyone made a huge deal about it. Ben was done. Toast. Lauren was the winner. The end. As far as I remember, that was the only time Ben teared up with/about Lauren as well. Just that one time. 

Nick has cried multiple, MULTIPLE times around/about Vanessa. Notably on their first date, but also again watching her with her students and then AGAIN while talking to her sister. When Ben tears up with Lauren's sister, it's game over. But the edit totally downplays  Nick tearing up with Vanessa's sister and almost no one comments on it being a good sign. Make no mistake it's a great sign.  Nick gets very emotional thinking about Vanessa and talking about her to the people who love her. I think it's vital to note he cried talking to her sister. It shows the depth of his feelings.

ITA. There's not a doubt in my mind that spoiler is accurate and like Ben did with Lauren, Nick will end up choosing Vanessa. Honestly I'm seeing so many similarities with BenLo/Jojo and Nick/Vanessa (do they have a couple name?) and Rachel. And that spells trouble for their real life relationship IMO.

For me the difference is that Ben has no clue what he wants in a partner whereas Nick has figured out what he truly wants IMO. Maturity IMO makes all the difference in a relationship. All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:16 pm

coolangel wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Also, I gotta say... 

When Ben teared up with Lauren's sister last year everyone made a huge deal about it. Ben was done. Toast. Lauren was the winner. The end. As far as I remember, that was the only time Ben teared up with/about Lauren as well. Just that one time. 

Nick has cried multiple, MULTIPLE times around/about Vanessa. Notably on their first date, but also again watching her with her students and then AGAIN while talking to her sister. When Ben tears up with Lauren's sister, it's game over. But the edit totally downplays  Nick tearing up with Vanessa's sister and almost no one comments on it being a good sign. Make no mistake it's a great sign.  Nick gets very emotional thinking about Vanessa and talking about her to the people who love her. I think it's vital to note he cried talking to her sister. It shows the depth of his feelings.

ITA. There's not a doubt in my mind that spoiler is accurate and like Ben did with Lauren, Nick will end up choosing Vanessa. Honestly I'm seeing so many similarities with BenLo/Jojo and Nick/Vanessa (do they have a couple name?) and Rachel. And that spells trouble for their real life relationship IMO.

For me the difference is that Ben has no clue what he wants in a partner whereas Nick has figured out what he truly wants IMO. Maturity IMO makes all the difference in a relationship. All JMO.

That's a very valid point.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:17 pm

@Kashathediva Thanks! I figured you'd be ok with it as I tried my best to remain objective and present the facts. I just couldn't do it in first-person, otherwise I'd be replaying scenes all day.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Nah, I think the difference with Nessa/Rachel vs BenLo/JoJo is that Vanessa actually has both of the good traits of Lauren and JoJo with Nick combined. I think Nessa have the friendship & romance that is needed for a relationship to work. They can be eachothers best friend but also lovers. If Rachel was F1, I'd say the romance was lacking a bit. With Vanessa, I think she's got the whole package for it to work. It's what I felt with JP and Ash. It's all aligned. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Cila51290 wrote:Nah, I think the difference with Nessa/Rachel vs BenLo/JoJo is that Vanessa actually has both of the good traits of Lauren and JoJo with Nick combined. I think Nessa have the friendship & romance that is needed for a relationship to work. They can be eachothers best friend but also lovers. If Rachel was F1, I'd say the romance was lacking a bit. With Vanessa, I think she's got the whole package for it to work. It's what I felt with JP and Ash. It's all aligned. JMO

I honestly don't see anything resembling a friendship between N/V, maybe that's why I can't get into this relationship, and why I've enjoyed watching Nick and Rachel's progression more, even though I see stronger feelings for Vanessa from Nick than towards Rachel. With N/V I see passion, that chemistry, the way he looks at her, but I've never once gotten the sense that they're also friends, which is always a sticking point for me because that's such an important thing for happy, lasting relationships IMO. I know it can just be editing, but there's also the possibility that it isn't there. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:53 pm

I've never seen that friendship either. People always point to Nick being so comfortable around Rachel as a bad thing, as that is evidence he isn't trying to impress her whereas with Vanessa he is. Which is fine...I've seen the lead chasing their frontrunner in the past, but the ones that last, there is always an ease and strong foundation of friendship there. I've never seen that with N/V. I just see him either being in awe of her or trying to behave so she doesn't scold him. It reminds me a lot of the Nick/Andi dynamic, although I think Vanessa is into Nick way more than Andi ever was. All, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 am

I don't think Nick and Rachel being comfortable with each other and having a great friendship is a bad thing. And if I saw incredible passion and romantic chemistry between them, I would absolutely say she was the one for him. My issue with Rachel and Nick is I haven't really seen the romantic/passionate connection. And as much as some say Nick is in awe of Vanessa, I do think part of his feelings for Rachel is being impressed by her accomplishments and the woman she is.

As I said during this episode, Nick talks about his and Rachel's passion a lot, keeps saying how explosive it is and even says it's probably the strongest of all the women and yet what I see between them in the episodes do not match the words he's saying, IMO.

On the flipside, I will agree that the passion/chemistry has been more of the focus between him and Vanessa. But I wouldn't say there isn't a comfort and friendship. If I go back to their first 1 on 1, again what immediately stood out to me was the physical intimacy between the two, especially so early.

But it wasn't a sexual physical intimacy. It was more of a tender and loving situation with the gentle kisses to the forehead, her cheek, lightly stroking her hair, etc. To me that is indicative of a comfort level between two people. To be so physically connected that quickly, there has to be an ease and comfort. And those things often are also connected to a friendship. IMO

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:14 am

I will agree that Nick/Vanessa have the Nick/Andi dynamic and I think that's why I enjoy watching their relationship because I also enjoyed watching Nick/Andi and I loved how in awe he was of her (I also enjoyed BenLo and Bremily at the time and they had a similar dynamic IMO). I've never personally had a friendship with anyone I've been romantically involved with so that's not a concept I can really relate to and I probably can't understand why it's important to some. I do like Nick's relationship with Rachel though and I see it between them and think she was his real F2. Smiley

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:18 am

I go back to Episode 3 when the environment was very different for the women. Vanessa wasn't 100% in her head and we were actually able to see her conversations with Nick. It looked pretty effortless. We were able to see a little of it during HTD. IMO, the difference between Rachel and Vanessa's relationship with Nick is with Vanessa the chemistry/fire jumps off the page. You just don't get the fire without the flame burning brightly. Speaking from experience, the relationship is just not the same without it.

ETA: IMO, in this relationship Nick will take the good the bad and the ugly.  His communication skills are through the roof. That's one of his best qualities. Not everyone can be that person. But that is who he is with no extra effort needed. (unless you are Jasmine trying to choke him.) Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 8 Feb 20 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 56 3806527698

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:40 am

Nick's version of a good friend is someone who he can be himself with and talk to about all the possibilities in life without fear of rejection. Vanessa (and Rachel) have been that type of person to Nick. I also think Nick values a friend with a silly, sarcastic sense of humor. And I have seen Vanessa completely understand and engage with Nick on that side of friendship as well. I think that Nick and Vanessa will have no problem with the friendship aspect of their life together.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 am

I don't think he's always trying to impress her and that there is no friendship between them. Even in the last episode when he was teasing her while she was teaching him Italian, he was playful, goofy and comfortable around her.
I think there is so much more to their relationship that we just don't get to see unfortunately.

Maya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 58 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 8 Feb 20 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+69
Muslady
locoforbach
Litta123
Dessler
happygolucky