SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Credit to @Katiebelle for the link

On Friday night, 28-year-old Aucklander Zac Franich was announced as the leading man in the highly anticipated third series of The Bachelor New Zealand.

After months of speculation, his identity proved to be one of this year’s best-kept entertainment secrets, and from first impressions well worth the wait.

Handsome, accomplished and athletic, at first glance Zac seems to tick all the boxes of the perfect man for 19 Bachelorettes (and a nation of reality television fans) to fall in love with.

In between his vigorous shooting schedule, we pinned down NZ’s hottest new love interest for his first interview.

Franich says he didn’t really watch the first two seasons of the show and couldn’t compare himself to Art Green or Jordan Mauger, instead he told Spy he was just trying to be himself.

Unlike model Green or actor Mauger, Franich really is a virgin to the Auckland social scene.

“The audition process was a pretty fun distraction from normal life, I saw it as an interesting opportunity with no pressure attached. At no point did I think I’d actually be picked for this, it’s hugely flattering. I thought this kind of thing was reserved for famous people or the social elite, of which I’m neither, so I was pretty taken aback when I got the phone call,” Franich told Spy.

Growing up on the Hibiscus Coast, Franich has represented New Zealand competing at an international level in sprint kayaking.

As well as being a qualified lifeguard, he recently completed a Bachelor of Sport and Recreation through AUT, and works in Sports Management, delivering a sports programme at Orewa Surf Life Saving Club. “Because I’ve spent the last 15 years training at a competitive level in sprint kayaking and surf lifesaving, exercise has just been a part of my life. I’m mad about the ocean ­— swimming, surfing, kayaking . . . I love it all. Since I’ve been shooting, it’s been tougher.

“The schedule is hectic and I enjoy food too much! I’ve been trying to run and go to the gym, but sometimes exercise is the last thing you feel like doing. Because — chocolate,” he told Spy, when questioned on staying in shape.

The new Bachelor is still filming, but gave away his first thoughts at meeting the 19 Bachelorettes.

“There were definitely some girls I felt sparks for from the first moment I saw them, others have been more of a slow burn. They’re all amazing women, but I do have more in common with some. I don’t want to give too much away,” he said.

Fans of romance seem like they are in for a genuine treat with Franich, who comes across as an honest guy who wears his heart on his sleeve.

“I’ve definitely been in love a couple of times and have experienced the amazing highs and crushing lows that come with it,” he told Spy.

And as far as the love merry-go-round on the show . . .

“It’s been a lot tougher than I anticipated. I mean, break-ups are the worst and I’m pretty much breaking up with someone each week. It’s not fun. But I don’t want to waste anyone’s time and it will be worth it in the end.”

Franich says he is open to marriage when he meets the right one and is not sure how he will handle the downside of fame, but talked openly about what he hoped for.

“New-found fame . . . I’m not sure about that. I just hope I’m a good role model for the guys and girls I coach, I want to show that it’s all right to be open about things that others might steer clear of; hard times and feelings.”

He is not afraid if he comes across a bit goofy on the show:

“I’ve got a pretty good knack of digging myself holes I’m not sure how to get out of. I’ve probably racked up a few pearlers already. Enjoy!”

And it seems like he has a family that will keep him grounded.

“At first they laughed in my face out of sheer disbelief and thought I was joking about being on the show. But since then, they’ve been nothing but supportive and can see it for the crazy life-changing opportunity it is.”

Vital Statistics
Full NAME: Zachery Alan Franich
Starsign: Sagittarius
Height: 1.9m
Eyes: Hazel
Weight: 95kg

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Zacfranichbach3
http://spy.nzherald.co.nz/spy-news/new-bachelor-says-hes-open-to-marriage/
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:01 pm

pvpr wrote:They're introducing the white rose this season http://spy.nzherald.co.nz/spy-news/the-big-change-coming-to-the-bachelor-nz/
For The Bachelor fans, the opening-season rose ceremony stakes will rise when the third series of the show goes to air next Sunday night.

For the first time in New Zealand, producers are introducing one white rose to be given out  during the first cocktail party.

They would not reveal the significance, apart from admitting it was a device from the Aussie producers to drum up the tension.

It’s not just about staying in the competition for love on the first night, it’s a contest to see who makes the best impression on Zac Franich.

In various Australian seasons, the white rose made the recipient safe from elimination for two rose ceremonies, or allowed them to plan a special one-on-one date with the Bachelor, or crash a date. The best benefit was VIP access — allowing the holder to retreat to a private area with the Bachelor anytime during the season. We guess, that is, unless it goes to your head and the Bachelor kicks you out. And the girls should be warned — what happens in the “private” area will be filmed.

“It was a bit of added pressure because I’d only just met everyone. To single someone out at the first cocktail party was a bit intimidating, but it was exciting too, and was definitely a talking point among the girls,” Franich, 28, told Spy.

“All the women I met on the first night were amazing — but there were a few who made a great first impression, and I knew I wanted to get to know them better straight off the bat. But this rose gave them an advantage so I had to make sure I chose wisely.”

Franich thinks the rose is a magic weapon.

“I can’t say too much, you’ll have to tune in and find out. What I can tell you is that getting the white rose is a good thing — for a start it acts like a red rose in that it saves the recipient from elimination for the first ceremony. So getting it at the cocktail party instantly took the pressure off for one bachelorette . . . but it also has other magical powers!”
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:06 pm

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 V1
http://www.threenow.co.nz/tv/the-bachelor-nz/home/extras/season3/sweepstake.html

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:17 am; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Here is everything you need to know about our new Bachelor Zac Franich http://thespinoff.co.nz/tv/24-02-2017/here-is-everything-you-need-to-know-about-our-new-bachelor-zac-franich/

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:46 am; edited 3 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Behind the scenes on the promo shoot with Zac at Woodhill forest! #TheBachelorNZ by @thebachelornz

Catching the evening sun with Zac on the promo shoot! #thebachelornz by @thebachelornz

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:09 pm

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:21 am

The Bachelor NZ: Dominic Bowden dishes on the new season
Last updated 16:29, March 14 2017

What can viewers expect to see this season?
I really want people to go into this season with an open mind. Whatever they thought about the last season, it wasn't the result we wanted either, but that's life and that's love and sometime it is not meant to be.

I think I am as excited as anyone to get the show under way, I am a super fan of the format. At its heart, what we want this show to be is a journey that the viewers can go on with this guy who is really just trying to make a connection with these fantastic girls.

I believe this year we have a great selection of girls this season and we have Zac (Franich, this year's Bachelor), who is just a really genuine guy.

I've worked on enough productions to know when someone is a good guy. It is when they're nice to someone on camera and when the cameras go away, they are still that same genuine, nice person.

Why do you think The Bachelor is so popular amongst Kiwis?
It is because it is celebrating Kiwis. It is such a small country that you are likely to know someone who knows someone who is on the show.

I also think this show tries to celebrate that old-school way of meeting people and there is just a bit of kitsch-factor to it as well. It is a fun show to watch. It is a show you want to get together and watch and laugh at the ridiculousness these poor girls are put through.

In America, The Bachelor is the most social show on television and I think in New Zealand, when the show is on, it dominates social media. Living in LA, looking at my own social feed it, is like, "wow, The Bachelor New Zealand is on'. I think people really want to be a part of the conversation on the show. I don't think it is something you watch and forget about it, it is something you watch and discuss until it is on again, because people can't get enough.

In your opinion, what is Zac's best quality?
I guess his ability to be really open. Zac sort of talks about that it is not the New Zealand way to be open, but he just wants people to get a sense of who he is.

I have been in a television environment before and I know he will have some scrutiny and people asking if this is the real him, so I admire the fact he has put himself in this position and he is doing it very open-armed.

He comes from a really great family and I am sure that they will keep him grounded, but I think it is still a scary place to be.

Do you think Zac is ready for the scrutiny that comes with being on television?
I don't think anyone is ever ready for going from nothing to going to something like this just overnight. Just walking down the streets where he lives and being recognised must be an absurdly unusual experience.

From what we have done so far, he has been incredibly true to himself. He is who he is and I guess that is all he can do. I don't think anyone is ever ready for it and anyone that told you that they were would be lying.

It is a tough thing and my hat is off to him, because New Zealand can sometimes be quite harsh.

Do you think he will meet "the one"?
I think that more than anyone I have ever met, he believes in serendipity. I think that sometimes in life now, especially in this modern age, it can be a lot easier to be cynical, but Zac does have that belief that there is serendipity and love at first sight and a lot of that comes down to his parents.

His parents have been married for many, many years. When he talks about advice and about wanting to do right on the show, he often mentions his mum and dad.

I think they are first and foremost in his mind. Not only does he want to be a gentleman, but he is looking for what his parents have and, without giving to much away, there are indications that it could be getting that way.

If you were a bachelorette, how would you make a good first impression?
If I was a bachelorette! I'm a little bit privy to the man, so I would say things like, I was a huge surf lifesaving fan and I love the beach and family. In a wider sense, if my sister or my friend was going to go on, I would say you have to be who you are, because it is so difficult to fake it and be believable.

You will always get found out. If you say what you think he wants to hear, instead of what you actually feel, people can see right through it and that is what keeps people sitting there with popcorn on their lap.

Finally, most importantly, will you be doing any of your famous long pauses on The Bachelor NZ?
Unbelievable, the pause man! It will be on my tombstone! Of course, as I always say, it was the producers in my ear saying, "no no no", but of course there will be no producers in my ear, so if I want to do long pauses I will do them.

I am only kidding. There will be no long pauses from me, but I think that maybe Zac might be dropping a few in there. Certainly he has to make those really tough decisions and  we are dealing with a guy who is going to love every single minute of this experience, except that one.

I am passing the pause mantle on to Zac and I'm training him, but I don't think he will be able to beat my one-minute record that I did last season on The X Factor. It is something I have a plaque for and I am very proud of!

The Bachelor New Zealand 7pm, Sundays and 7.30pm, Mondays, Three.

- Stuff
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/90404971/the-bachelor-nz-dominic-bowden-dishes-on-the-new-season
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:59 am

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 V1

After reading his first exclusive interview on NZ Herald's Spy, this is what we found out about him:

1. He hasn't even watched the first two seasons of The Bachelor NZ, and he can't compare himself to Art Green or Jordan Mauger. He just wants to be himself. Nawwwww.

2. During the audition process, he honestly didn't think he'd be picked to be NZ's next Bachelor.

3. He has represented New Zealand by competing at an international level in sprint kayaking.

4. He has a Bachelor of Sport and Recreation from AUT and works in Sports Management at Orewa Surf Club.

5. He loves eating (thank F because we couldn't have another paleo like Art Green): "The schedule is hectic and I enjoy food too much! I’ve been trying to run and go to the gym, but sometimes exercise is the last thing you feel like doing. Because — chocolate.”

6. Filming for the new season of The Bachelor New Zealand is already underway, and he has already met the 19 Bachelorettes.

7. He said he already felt "sparks" for some of the girls after meeting them for the first time.

8. He has been in love and had is heart broken before.

9. His star sign is Sagittarius.

10. Zac is open to MARRIAGE after the show ends, and if he meets the right lass.
http://www.theedge.co.nz/home/scandal/2017/02/here-s-everything-you-need-to-know-about-our-new-bachelor-.html
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:59 am

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - NO Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

3 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum