SELECT CONTENT

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 23 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 23 Empty Re: Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by KK4 Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:19 pm

...nor from Chris Manson. He could take quiet a few lesson from Probst about how to handle certain situations, IMHO
KK4
KK4

Back to top Go down

Historic - Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 23 Empty Re: Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Sprite wrote:
reason wrote:I don't think they stop that, we will find out at the end.

It hasn't been done for years...including last season...however, I wonder if they might be tempted to bring it back for this year? The reunion show should be a doozy. Varner will be booed off the stage.

I think S26 is the last time they had a monetary award for fan fave. It's S34 now so 8 seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:15 am

Kashathediva wrote:And notice? We didn't get any tweets about #historic #drama #shocking etc ala MF.

And what do you know? It was actually shocking/historic/dramatic. Life changing for those involved. Did you guys see this article by Zeke:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-zeke-smith-outed-as-transgender-guest-column-991514

He's so articulate. My new fave from here on out. What a brave man. His parents should be so proud.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:00 am

Wth just happened? How did Varner think that was in any way ok? He was so malicious and then realized he was getting called out and changed his tune. He called Zeke deceptive for not coming out to these people on a huge TV show, and decided that outing Zeke was a good game strategy. And in the end, he basically demanded Zeke to comfort him.

Varner's apology made no sense. His first question to Zeke was, why had he not told the tribe, that he's transgender, so he knew Zeke wasn't out, and certainly not on a national level. But in his apology he said, that he thought Zeke was out and proud and loud. He knew he wasn't, that's why he called it deception.

Imo Probst handled that so well. No 'most dramatic ever' bs, he called Varner out on his bs, and basically kicked him out.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:08 am

Well said @Cocoasneeze.

Stephen Fishback summed it up the best for me. He said Jeff outing Zeke at Tribal Council when he was trying to target... Ozzy... made no sense what so ever. First, votes rarely, rarely change at Tribal. Second ... outing Zeke to target Ozzy is just ... huh? He had a better shot of swaying people if he outed Zeke at camp when people were scrambling after losing the challenge. Tribal is extremely theatrical and everyone is miced, all cameras and producers staring at you. Varner choosing Tribal made very little strategical sense, and was instead cruel, because had he stired that $hit at camp, producers could have pretty easily edited it out. At Tribal, not so much. Additionally, he wasn't going to change a vote to Ozzy in that circumstance either. It just made 0 strategic sense and was completely cruel.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 am

I do not think I have ever seen Jeff so upset and angry at any other contestant! i am so proud of how he handled the situation and kicked his butt to the curb.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:30 am

Jeff's face was a deer in the headlights for such a long time. He couldn't believe that chit!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:33 am

Zeke's facial expression broke my heart. He was so out of it for a moment, totally detached, just did not get how that happened, and what is he going to do now.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:36 am

It was total disassociation. Like an out of body experience. Your mind can't make sense of what just happened.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:43 am

I cried watching the tribal, not only because of how I felt bad for Zeke, but also because how the rest of them acted, they are all soo classy and it really was a very unique moment.

I thought I would only like a few of them before the season air, but now I started to like most of them, including Sarah (I thought she is OK but now I like her) and Culpper (can't believe how calm he was dealing with Debbie). This season looks pretty unique to me, they showed a lot of the more human side of the contestants.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:08 pm

^^ Agree. Usually these All Star seasons are totally GameBot - just focus on the game super hard. There have been quite a few "human" moments this season though - and that moment with Zeke might just be a defining moment for this show when all is said and done. I still can't get over that. Looked at Zeke's twitter and saw Caitlyn Jenner was commenting to him - about how brave she thinks he is and how it's not easy to be publicly trans. And then it really hit me. Of course it was a risk for him when he signed up for this show, and he knew that, but somehow he made it through an ENTIRE season without being outed. This kid, his life is changed forever, and not entirely on his terms. Extra disheartening it comes from someone else also in the LGBTQ community. I have to hope a greater good will come out of it in the long term.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:03 pm

http://www.eonline.com/news/843766/survivor-contestant-jeff-varner-fired-from-his-job-after-outing-zeke-smith-during-tribal-council

Survivor Contestant Jeff Varner Fired From His Job After Outing Zeke Smith During Tribal Council
Jeff Varner continues to face the repercussions of his actions on Survivor.

Just a few days after outing fellow contestant Zeke Smith during tribal council, reports have surfaced claiming Jeff has been fired from his job as a real estate agent.

According to News & Record Greensboro, Jeff was let go from his job as a real estate agent on Thursday. Jeff was told by his employer that he is "in the middle of a story that we don't want anything to do with."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+16
blueblues
Cocoasneeze
jojo47
TrishB
Buckeye_Fan