SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 16 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

babygotbach - DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 16 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Spoil Me Again Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:34 am

I was pretty impressed. Who knew Nick had the moves...on the dance floor giggling

Love how he is including V in this experience.
Spoil Me Again
Spoil Me Again

Back to top Go down

babygotbach - DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 16 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:44 am

I think Nick's scores weren't higher due to his "performance". I'm not sure if it was nerves or the choreography, but it didn't showcase any personality. Rashad's personality shined in his dance, and was definately showcased as part of the choreography.

Even when technique lacks, the judges will give points for great performances.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by justcallmegranny Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Okay, I'm very happily married to a man who thinks I hung the moon and stars but this doesn't mean I can't appreciate good scenery. I can't be the only one who noticed how great Nick's behind looked in those pants! I'm glad there are videos of the dance because I may have been distracted and missed the footwork babygotbach - DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 16 1f60b

justcallmegranny

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmRtGmnQ2CI

Last edited by Skates on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Bet2Win wrote:I think Nick's scores weren't higher due to his "performance". I'm not sure if it was nerves or the choreography, but it didn't showcase any personality.  Rashad's personality shined in his dance, and was definately showcased as part of the choreography.  

Yes I agree. I just rewatched Rashad and he was just moving with so much ease and pure joy to watch. Same as the Cubs player, but not as naturally as talented.

That said, Nick did very well and has far more natural talent, imo, then former Bachelors. Once he gets more comfortable and relaxes, that joy will come thru for him too. I know in the past there have been Bachelors who, imo, over stayed their welcome on DWTS. I don't think that will be the case for Nick as he has room to grow and natural talent/musicality.

I bet he has a way bigger fan base than the Cubs player and possibly Rashad who may have regional fans now so I expect it will be tight race with those 3.

I also expect Nick will outlast Chris, Mr. T, Charo, Bonner, Erika, for sure and wouldn't be surprised if Nick outlasts Heather as she has been off the air for awhile and her dance background could cause backlash.

However, the other women ...Normani, Nancy and Simone ... will be tough to beat. Too many fans and just delightful to watch, esp imo, Nancy being in her mid 40s and making return.That appealed to me!!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:28 pm

I don't watch DWTS anymore because of all of the ringers.  IMO, if someone (male or female) is a professional athlete, dancer or a singer who dances they shouldn't be on DWTS.  It's not fair to all of the other dancers who are competing and trying to better themselves dance-wise (IMO).  This season, however, I will be watching strictly because of Nick!  If he goes early, I will not watch anymore.

It really irritates me how the judges act like they are surprised when the ringers actually do a great job! IMO, it is totally unfair to the regular contestants for them to have to compete with the ones who dance or are professional athletes!
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Bet2Win wrote:I think Nick's scores weren't higher due to his "performance". I'm not sure if it was nerves or the choreography, but it didn't showcase any personality.  Rashad's personality shined in his dance, and was definately showcased as part of the choreography.  

It didn't but to be fair it was so fast. No time to watch his facial expressions! It was by far the easiest routine. I hope they slow it down next week, at least a little.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 pm

^^^I also have issue with dancers competing but no problem with athletes, especially those on teams. Shoot, the Cubs won but that leaves loads of fans of other teams unlikely to vote for him.

Some may say Nick has an unfair advantage in terms of fan votes and exposure considering his Bachelor season just ended. I definitely, imo, think Nick will outlast Heather Morris the backup dancer.

There are so many variables to who stays and goes. Shoot, I fast forward thru 80 percent of judge commentary and scoring.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 pm

I mentioned in the general DWTS thread that I think it's unfair to have dancers, singers or athletes competing against people with no performing experience.  I would also include actors and comedians, because anyone who has performed in front of audiences of any kind has a definite advantage - they are used to pleasing or playing to the crowd, and I've seen this time after time on DWTS.  I am a huge fan of this show and have never missed a season - I really enjoy watching people put themselves out there to be judged.  What I observed last night is nothing new - the "performers" had a definite advantage.  They are able to shine with personality (some a little too much - i.e. Charro!) It really helps to have that talent, but I still prefer to see someone with no prior experience learn to dance and show improvement week after week. Yes, Nick has been on Bachelor franchise shows 4 times, but he is not an actor and I personally think he's a little shy. I was very impressed with his dancing last night, but he did lack the "personality" of some of his competitors.  I'm not surprised to see that because this is very new to him - kudos to him for trying something new and subjecting himself to the hard work involved in long rehearsal days, as well as being judged in front of millions of people.  This is a very different environment than The Bachelor and I'm hoping he can learn to relax and enjoy his DWTS experience - I don't think he will last as long as some, because sadly this is not an even playing field.

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:19 pm

@pikake we can hope that he goes far though, dont you think? positive thinking and praying.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 pm

justcallmegranny wrote:Okay, I'm very happily married to a man who thinks I hung the moon and stars but this doesn't mean I can't appreciate good scenery.  I can't be the only one who noticed how great Nick's behind looked in those pants!  I'm glad there are videos of the dance because I may have been distracted and missed the footwork  babygotbach - DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 16 1f60b
Nick's body is incredible!! As much as I think he has a dancer's body I also think he has an ice-skating figure's body. Given how talented he is at roller skating/ice-skating it's a shame he didn't get exposure to figure skating early on in his life - I have a feeling he may have done exceptionally well especially since he is so hard working and resilient and never gives up. He makes me proud to be a fan! :yes: beatingheart

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:21 pm

I think Nick has the technicality. I think he just needs to start having fun. Doesn't matter if his hands aren't perfectly extended, I think the judges were looking for the fluidity that one have dancing when they like what they are doing. We know Nick likes to dance so he just needs to show it by forgetting about what he is doing. I think that he can outlast all the males (even Rashad) if he does this, and some of the females too. I think they will want some males in the top 5.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+79
Edgarretana10
mistygracie74
Zaynab
northernviewer
Nixipixi14
Luvstruck
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure
Boshem
blueblues
rosepetals
rampurewal