SELECT CONTENT

Lily - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lily - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Lily - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Sun May 21, 2017 12:39 pm

reason wrote:@Bobette I seriously love that Lily.  I love all the love she is getting.  Zac should have been open minded what a pity. IMHO

I think Zac was pretty open minded or she wouldn't have made it this far. Lily is probably one of the most interesting contestants I have ever come across...from any franchise...but, that doesn't mean that she is for everyone or that Zac was closed minded because he didn't pick her. Different strokes for different folks. From all accounts it was Viarni for a while and since Zac couldn't get the grin off his face with her...his words...I'm going to trust him.

Lily and Viarni and Hannah seemed to be good friends in the house, so whatever happens they will all probably be wishing each other well. Lily already sent out a very gracious post. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is in store for her in the future.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Lily - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Lily - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Karina Sun May 21, 2017 11:32 pm

Lily a delightful, spontaneous, non-stereotypical bachelorette only aged 20 yet with the class and dignity of someone so much older. She is not the everyday average kiwi girl she is not vanilla but hot and spicy maybe too much of a fascinating woman for the average male. Lily has been honest all the way through even in the car ride to FRC she said she was preparing for the worst she knew but did not spoil it for anyone else. Lily has an intangible quality she does not need a man to validate her worth as she is her own woman. How wonderful it would be for a guy to have someone like Lily she said on the car ride there' I hope he is OK', she gets him though I suspect he does not really get her. She was not there to get invited to A-lister Parties I love the lasted photo of Claudia wearing a Tee Shirt that says 'your loss' it is also his loss with Lily.IMO
I hope the tptb also do due diligence for Lily..... that they do not shut her down and as per her entitlement as F2 that she has all the interviews, photo shoots etc that she is recognized for her grace and dignity. Dani became such a successful F2 she went to London and became more beautiful with each passing post. As someone mentioned Lily could be an edgy NYC gal, she will emulate Dani's success and graciousness.

Karina

Female Posts : 942

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 11:06 am

@Karina I love what you wrote about Lily - it was beautiful, and I agree with it whole-heartedly. I didn't realize how much I admired Lily until now, and just how much she inspires me. Lily was never in it to win it, per se, like so many others clearly were - motivated by the potential fame, opportunities, and the ability to associate with famous people. I don't think she would have ever said on her bio that she had had a "taste of fame" after winning a modelling competition aged 13, had she done so. Or that she had also been invited to an after party with Justin Bieber (because he is such a celebrated role model nowadays) *cough V's bachelor bio*...

I'm from NZ, and it is highly unusual to witness such a large outpouring of love, favour, admiration and support for one person here (e.g. several news articles, tons of tweets and praise-worthy comments on social media, calls for her to have her own show). It almost feels like she has reached the status of a much-loved princess! Hugesmile I think it is rightly deserved though. She is an amazing and unique individual, and I admire how she remained truly respectful, kind and understanding, right until the very end... after months of investment - and of insane boredom, no doubt (especially for someone who values doing things and traveling so much) - which was then followed by the pain of a hard-hitting rejection, and the severe loss of someone who she came to care deeply about.

As Zac frequently pointed out, she doesn't care what others think; she doesn't let it dictate what she says and what she does. She doesn't try to change herself to suit other's preferences, or to water down her opinions, she tells it how she sees it. She doesn't easily pander to others. She's unapologetic about who she is, and I love that she doesn't try to "fit the mould" about what a "dream girl" or "perfect woman" should be like - she rejects certain norms, such as how she talks, dresses and conducts herself in general (including that moment where she "broke the fourth wall" xD).

I admire her free spirit, her self-assured and wild nature; her wit, assertiveness and outspokenness... Her ability to remain calm and composed, despite stressful and crazy circumstances; her playful side, and the fact that she was not embarrassed to show her sexual side... And that she is living a life of her own choosing. I hope that whoever she ends up with does not try to change her and try to contain and control her - something which I feel Zac would eventually try to do, had he chosen her.

Also, if you haven't seen her exit interview yet, it is really worth watching. It made me even more proud of her - which I didn't think was possible - and I think they should have included more of it in the final episode. It left a smile on my face, and it helped me to feel closure and at peace - that all in all, everything that happened, happened for the best. Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue May 23, 2017 11:48 am

I think that was part of why Zac didn't chose her. I think he saw her wonderful spirit and knew he was not the one to help her soar. I think
Zac cared enough to let her be free. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I think that was part of why Zac didn't chose her. I think he saw her wonderful spirit and knew he was not the one to help her soar. I think
Zac cared enough to let her be free. JMO.

Yes. Zac is a really nice man. I was impressed how he handled everything throughout the filming, but having said that, to me he seemed like a very normal bloke. Like really normal! Boring normal. Sitting on the couch with a cold one in his hand and watching the telly normal. That is not Lily. She is an extraordinary young woman who still craves adventures and fun and being a little bit crazy. While I thought Zac admired all that about her and even somewhat wanted to be like that himself, IMO he realised that is not who he is and she would need someone who would allow her to continue to grow. Actually, I can see her with someone like Kevin P from the Canadian Bachelorette, who is a free spirit himself although he himself is a little to old for her.

Lily - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Kevinp11

http://www.wnetwork.com/living/kevin-p

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Tue May 23, 2017 7:15 pm

callalily wrote:@Karina I love what you wrote about Lily - it was beautiful, and I agree with it whole-heartedly. I didn't realize how much I admired Lily until now, and just how much she inspires me. Lily was never in it to win it, per se, like so many others clearly were - motivated by the potential fame, opportunities, and the ability to associate with famous people. I don't think she would have ever said on her bio that she had had a "taste of fame" after winning a modelling competition aged 13, had she done so. Or that she had also been invited to an after party with Justin Bieber (because he is such a celebrated role model nowadays) *cough V's bachelor bio*...

I'm from NZ, and it is highly unusual to witness such a large outpouring of love, favour, admiration and support for one person here (e.g. several news articles, tons of tweets and praise-worthy comments on social media, calls for her to have her own show). It almost feels like she has reached the status of a much-loved princess! Hugesmile I think it is rightly deserved though. She is an amazing and unique individual, and I admire how she remained truly respectful, kind and understanding, right until the very end... after months of investment - and of insane boredom, no doubt (especially for someone who values doing things and traveling so much) - which was then followed by the pain of a hard-hitting rejection, and the severe loss of someone who she came to care deeply about.

As Zac frequently pointed out, she doesn't care what others think; she doesn't let it dictate what she says and what she does. She doesn't try to change herself to suit other's preferences, or to water down her opinions, she tells it how she sees it. She doesn't easily pander to others. She's unapologetic about who she is, and I love that she doesn't try to "fit the mould" about what a "dream girl" or "perfect woman" should be like - she rejects certain norms, such as how she talks, dresses and conducts herself in general (including that moment where she "broke the fourth wall" xD).

I admire her free spirit, her self-assured and wild nature; her wit, assertiveness and outspokenness... Her ability to remain calm and composed, despite stressful and crazy circumstances; her playful side, and the fact that she was not embarrassed to show her sexual side... And that she is living a life of her own choosing. I hope that whoever she ends up with does not try to change her and try to contain and control her - something which I feel Zac would eventually try to do, had he chosen her.

Also, if you haven't seen her exit interview yet, it is really worth watching. It made me even more proud of her - which I didn't think was possible - and I think they should have included more of it in the final episode. It left a smile on my face, and it helped me to feel closure and at peace - that all in all, everything that happened, happened for the best. Smiley

Thank you for writing this wonderful tribute to Lily, this forum is wonderful as what is written can be revisited many, many times. I would love to write some of my thoughts on the Bachelor FB or put in writing to TV 3 maybe I will one day. I will watch the exit interview now. I still do not have closure even though it is, in the long run, the best outcome for her I guess that divine free spirit just captured New Zealander's, heart. Even Dom was captivated by her charm and wit.

Karina

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Lily Exit Interview

Wow, wow,wow what an exceptional person I am totally overwhelmed by this gracious response. Lily actually loved Zac in its purest form, she wants the best for him, respects his decision, wants him to be happy and rejoices in the time she spent with him. What a soul, an old soul. She is ready to move to Auckland stay with Hannah who would be an amazing support and a wonderful friend. Yep, this provides absolute closure because this beautiful soul is ready for the next adventure

Karina

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Tue May 23, 2017 8:35 pm

@callalily watching the exit interview I suspect the reason tptb (the producers) did not really show more of it during the show they thought it would take the shine of Viarni and Zac because in this interview Lily glows, she shimmers, she illuminates goodness and humanity and actually love for them both it is a scene stealer and would have detracted from the love story they wanted to portray when in actual fact there is a more powerful narrative in Lilys interview. They showed and showed poor ole Claudia crying and asking why and if Lily was crying etc you can bet we would have seen it over and over. They kinda did Lily an injustice

Karina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 9:08 pm

@Karina Unfortunately I can see the interview.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Tue May 23, 2017 9:11 pm

reason wrote:@Karina Unfortunately I can see the interview.

really I will try again try it again because it does work it takes you TV 3 exit interviews and Lilys id right there I am playing it now for that link

Karina

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 pm

reason wrote:@Karina Unfortunately I can see the interview.

I can't see it either @reason - thought it might have just been my computer/browser but if you're having the same trouble it may be a regional (outside NZ) issue. Very happy to hear she is doing well though and really hope we do get to see her again as Bachelorette!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Tue May 23, 2017 11:16 pm

http://www.threenow.co.nz/tv/the-bachelor-nz/home/season-3-2017/week-10/ep-18-exit-interview.html

Hope this works

Karina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lily - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+4
Carine
Bobette
Sprite
AllAboutLove
8 posters