SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #23

Page 4 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #23 - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #23

Post by lleyki Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 am

Well they both made it clear on AFR that it was those simple things they were looking forward to doing together because up until that point, they couldn't, with all the hiding and making sure to not spoil the season. So it's nice that they're having that.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #23 - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #23

Post by crunchycheeto Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:47 am

"We'll walk to get coffee. No one walks here [in L.A.], which is weird [to me] 'cause I'm from Chicago and I walk everywhere!" he said. "It's 75 degrees out, I think I'm gonna walk. That's like a normal thing. Vanessa and I are sharing this experience together... she's been so supportive."

A man after my own heart. Walking around the city is so underrated, but it's one of my favourite things to do. I think these two should seriously consider New York as the place to live once DWTS is over and his business is launched.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/12/bachelor-star-nick-viall-dishes-on-new-life-with-fiancee-vanessa.html
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:56 am

Was just coming over to post the Fox News article. You guys beat me to it. I'm loving nick more and more each day. Love suits him.
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:58 am

notarose wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
mprssdbyu wrote:I wonder if V got her work visa approved? Can you earn money in the US if you don't have a work visa? Either that or Jade gave her a lesson in how to schill and spelled out what she's missing monetarily!

I wondered too since after the ATFR they mentioned a few times they were working on paperwork. If they started that in Nov/Dec, it's possible she now in fact can earn income in USD.

Not positive but I think she can "work" through SM as a Canadian while still being a "tourist" in LA. Her accounts were started in Canada so that's where taxes would be paid. In fact, that may have been why she hired a Montreal SM media consultant before she left and also did catalog work and photoshoots for Montreal companies. It sets a foundation for being able to go this route as opportunity arises.
She has thus far done very little while in LA (the luggage shoot - a US company? - appears to have been done before she moved as was anything attached to Montreal) which is surprising, not because she is a Bach alumni, but because a teaching salary is not very high so I don't imagine she has big bucks stashed away thus making Nick the sole income earner in the family.  Remember Nick paid for the groceries while she carried the bags giggling  Plus she is working on a charity which may or may not give her a salary as CEO - depends on whether the charity has financial backers.  It is Montreal registered so no work visa issue.
As a couple, they appear to have decided to be low key at this point with shilling even though it could be profitable or even just give Vanessa some of her own spending money.  I know from V's IG comment section that several businesses have written they DMed her.  
IMO she can shill, perhaps even do catalog work, if she wants as a Canadian until her tourist visa time expires which would give her earnings until she requires a work or fiancé visa to remain in the States.

-  IMO  -   I remember browsing through Google during my search...Vanessa has a net worth of $250-280 k, and Nick has $250 k...they are mostly even...Rachel, I think, has the highest net worth as a starter so far $350-$400 k+  being a lawyer...

- IMO -   Teachers are paid pretty well in Canada...most specially, Special Ed teachers since their skills are more specialized...they are being paid higher than regular school teachers...with the school staffs being unionized and partly government, I think it would be huge...it will be a big loss in income and harder to replace without working since she quits...but, she'll be able to work through SM...I think she'll be able to recover most of it, if she'll be working projects to projects throughout the year...she will need to use her own money to support her foundation though before she'll get more sponsors...I think she'll make/pull it through...   -  IMO  -

-  IMO  -   I think she has probably worked part-time in SM previously before in Canada for additional income and for fun...if she still has projects with previous contacts...she'll be able to sustain while getting new contacts...thus, she could survive without Nick's support...since they are engaged, and she's in US soil...it makes a lot of sense for Nick to be the sole income earner for now...

...just a side note...majority of the media have gotten both of their birthdays wrong...

-  JMO  -

https://www.bustle.com/p/vanessas-net-worth-on-the-bachelor-isnt-the-true-measure-of-her-success-43801

http://www.the-net-worth.com/2016/12/vanessa-grimaldi/

https://www.richcelebs.com/nick-viall-net-worth/

Last edited by Skates on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:10 am

Internet net worth searches are not very accurate though. I'm not sure what sped teachers are paid in Canada but I don't think it's $250k. JMO.
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:23 am

Montreal teacher salary scale
http://mta-aeem.com/en/res/en/SALARY_SCALE.pdf

Special Ed teachers aren't paid more than other teachers in Montreal.  My cousin is a special Ed teacher in Terrebonne.  Vanessa has 2 degrees and a few years of experience so she wouldn't be very far down on the scale iMO

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:37 am

Julie81 wrote:Internet net worth searches are not very accurate though. I'm not sure what sped teachers are paid in Canada but I don't think it's $250k. JMO.

- IMO - I know, but it most likely won't go lower than the estimated income ...it tends to go higher than that in reality...Vanessa has worked previously as a model, I believe, and as extras in movies...I think, she lives with her mom...thus, that's a lot of savings on the top...Ottawa and Montreal are also less expensive than Toronto...I think it is believable...she is also thrifty not a big spender by the way...
Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:44 am

notarose wrote:Montreal teacher salary scale
http://mta-aeem.com/en/res/en/SALARY_SCALE.pdf

Special Ed teachers aren't paid more than other teachers in Montreal.  My cousin is a special Ed teacher in Terrebonne.  Vanessa has 2 degrees and a few years of experience so she wouldn't be very far down on the scale iMO

Comparing to other incomes...they are pretty good as a start...some people are still receiving incomes of $11/ hour...$28 k for management positions...bank tellers are mostly receiving within the range of 12.99/ hour less than 14 or 15...
Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:47 am

Skates wrote:
Julie81 wrote:Internet net worth searches are not very accurate though. I'm not sure what sped teachers are paid in Canada but I don't think it's $250k. JMO.

-  IMO  -   I know, but it most likely won't go lower than the estimated income ...it tends to go higher than that in reality...Vanessa has worked previously as a model, I believe, and as extras in movies...I think, she lives with her mom...thus, that's a lot of savings on the top...Ottawa and Montreal are also less expensive than Toronto...I think it is believable...she is also thrifty not a big spender by the way...

It's possible she did live with her mom because she just recently graduated from college in Ottawa so hadn't been back in Montreal that long before filming - might have a student loan to pay off. Her mom is a career councillor at a polytechnic.  The neighborhood demographic is working/middle class.

Last edited by notarose on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:48 am

I mean, maybe it's believable but I don't know. I'm a teacher here in the states. Vanessa and I make about the same according to the pay scale that was provided above by another poster. I mean it's possible she could have that much saved up but just on our teaching salary alone and justa few other things, it would be hard to do. Who knows though. She did do those luggage ads and a few other promotions recently so it's possible I guess! There's no telling what Bombay paid her to do that ad last night. Must be nice though!! Lol
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:56 am

Julie81 wrote:I mean, maybe it's believable but I don't know. I'm a teacher here in the states. Vanessa and I make about the same according to the pay scale that was provided above by another poster. I mean it's possible she could have that much saved up but just on our teaching salary alone and justa few other things, it would be hard to do. Who knows though. She did do those luggage ads and a few other promotions recently so it's possible I guess! There's no telling what Bombay paid her to do that ad last night. Must be nice though!! Lol
:yes: I see her as a typical young professional who was starting a second career path before meeting Nick. Her preshow IG is hardly flashy - work, family, friends, physically active, not into partying, casual fashion sense. Like most people.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:15 am

I'm still in shock about the beard.
Only joking- of course he will look hot & really young.
Do love the beard too. It will grow back.

#TeamLove rose bud  peace  

'[b]For the open window for a bare forehead              
I said it to you for your thoughts for your words
Every caress every trust survives
.'   (Paul Elouard)1
ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #23

+54
jessietrey
sosleepy
pikake
SeekAny
Nixipixi14