SELECT CONTENT

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6  - Page 14 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Post by sosleepy Sat May 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
hae1001 wrote:Ben has received a fair share of hate on his Instagram as well. It definitely hasn't been one sided Imo.

Of course. The Lo fans are out in full force defending someone they have never even met.  

Pretty par for the course for super fans of all of these contestants. Can't think of a single contestant/especially couple that doesn't have people that will defend them to death despite not knowing them. laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6  - Page 14 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Post by Alanna Sat May 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Thank gawddd she's still using sm otherwise I would have no idea wtf to do with myself but now I know to be kind. Very helpful, thank you.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Sat May 20, 2017 2:26 pm

I absolutely think bullying is wrong, but sadly, it's not going to end anytime soon. IMO, she chose to put herself out there, so she needs to learn how to deal with it. No one is forcing her to keep her Twitter and Instagram public. Yes, social media is her "job" now, but IMO it doesn't have to be. IMO, if she can't deal with the trolls in the comments, she should just stop reading them or find an office job so she can make her social media private. There are plenty of jobs out there besides internet influencer.

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by elena.shayk Sat May 20, 2017 2:35 pm

if it wasn't her intention to shade Ben by putting up that caption why did she delete it then? Just because people were saying that in the comments? So now she is going to do things the way they want it? IMO if I think I've done nothing wrong I will stand by it.. not go and change something because someone else said so. Now all those people who said she was 'shading' Ben will be happy that they have been proven right IMO. She shouldn't give them that power, be confident in yourself and live your life the way you want it.

Fight for the fairytale, it does exist. beatingheart
elena.shayk
elena.shayk

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sat May 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:People in Hollywood deal with this on a daily basis.  A good example is "Celebrity Mean Tweets" on JKL.  These "real" celebrities have learned the art of dealing with the rude comments.  They laugh.  They ignore them.  They take the high road.  They know this is part of being in the public eye.  In the end, they end up looking way more mature than the trolls that are constantly hurling insults.  Jmo.

Yes, it's great when people ignore it, which is why I said I wouldn't advocate to make this control one's life. Personally I think the celebrities who avoid social media entirely, and many of them do, are the wisest ones. That said, my comment was in response to the reaction that the person in question should just accept and get over things because "well you signed up for a cheesy reality". To each their own but yes, I do find it bothersome that choosing to appear on a corny reality show means a person should shut up and just accept hateful things being said to them.

IMO, there is an undertone of they asked for it. And yeah I find that slightly troubling and I feel that way for anyone in that situation. I don't follow Lauren because I actually never liked or disliked her. I'm pretty much indifferent. But yes, I think trolling people's social media is pathetic and then Lauren or anyone being judged for being bothered by trolling because "well you went on a reality show" is a little unfair. All just my opinion.

And for the record, in case that's not very clear, my comment is just about constant mean spirited and hateful comments. I do think being upset at any criticism as some people do is ridiculous, especially when the criticism isn't even meant to be rude or even unkind.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Sat May 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BUSKFCNjZwP/?hl=en

She looks incredibly sad to me.  :dripdrip

I agree, she looks sad.
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat May 20, 2017 3:44 pm

As much SM-hate as Lauren gets I have seen far far worse for other contestants by a longshot so IMO Lauren has it pretty good IMO considering the benefits she receives from media/SM in the first place.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sat May 20, 2017 3:56 pm

I don't understand why Lauren cares so much about these negative comments. She literally gets 70% positive and then 30% negative. She either has way too much time on her hands to look over these comments or she's not confident enough with herself. Which one is it? The more she keeps showing how much everything affects her the more pathetic she looks, imo. Ignore & enjoy life outside social media hun.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat May 20, 2017 4:10 pm

To me I have yet to see a comment where someone says they hope she and her family get cancer and die and Lauren receiving comments like this on the reg.

The comments I have seen are just the usual IMO that are par for the course for SM and if she is so upset then just turn off comments and leave it like that is my advice. That or grow thicker skin, imo.

Because as much as I also wish the world was a kinder place, tweeting about it isn't going to make it happen especially since SM sadly thrives on negativity much more than positivity and always will.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Sat May 20, 2017 5:10 pm

elena.shayk wrote:if it wasn't her intention to shade Ben by putting up that caption why did she delete it then? Just because people were saying that in the comments? So now she is going to do things the way they want it? IMO if I think I've done nothing wrong I will stand by it.. not go and change something because someone else said so. Now all those people who said she was 'shading' Ben will be happy that they have been proven right IMO. She shouldn't give them that power, be confident in yourself and live your life the way you want it.

Exactly. IMO, she should stop caring so much about what the those who are not fans think, be who is she is, and own it. I think her insecurities were probably a major turn off to Ben. IMO, being the nice guy Ben is, I bet he was constantly telling her how beautiful she is and to forget the internet trolls. The only person whose opinion really should have mattered to her was his, so I don't blame him if he got annoyed and turned off when she constantly let internet trolls upset her.

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 5:23 pm

sosleepy wrote:I get tired of the "she/they/whoever signed up for this, so deal" argument. It ignores the bigger picture here - the horrible SM society and the assery that exists there. Relatively new phenomena for our society and culture. Its bullying. It's easier said than done to say - "just deal with it." It's a problem.
I agree with this too. Since it is ok for people to be rude with sm comments because of free speech, Lauren is well within her rights to block, delete, turn off comments too if she so wishes, jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah.e. Sat May 20, 2017 11:22 pm

My instagram feed is showing me that Lauren's mom liked a comment under Ben's last post saying "Ben's starting a podcast next week with Ashley I. already back in the spotlight Ben?? YOU'RE DISGUSTING" wtf. Idk it's showing up on my feed but not under the likes on the comment

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

+77
Aria
chrissy1295
wizzy_mom
nikikass
makeover