Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Fashion Thread - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion -

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Fashion Thread - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion -

Post by stuckinsc on Wed May 31, 2017 9:33 pm

I personally like the braids. The top bun was a bit high, but I doubt the bun stays permanently. JMO.

stuckinsc

Female Posts : 9523

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Fashion Thread - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion -

Post by GuardianAngel on Wed May 31, 2017 10:42 pm

Bach/ette wrote:
@provenceguy wrote:Oooooh, I do not like Rachel's "summer braids" & the big pile of  them on top of her head. Pic is on people.com
Braids are a very common protective summer style for black women. The bun should've been smaller, but it was probably just for one day. As a WOC, it does bother me when black hairstyles are put down in favor of eurocentric styles that require damaging chemicals or heat on the hair. I think she looks beautiful and braids will be way easier for her to maintain compared to straightening her hair every week and putting a weave in. IMO, she probably underwent a lot of damage from getting her hair styled everyday during filming, her hair probably needs a break.

My opinion has nothing to do with the colour of her skin and lets not make this all about that. I'm not putting her down, I'm posting my personal opinion on that style. I don't care what she or any other former leads did to their hair as far as damage, it's the style I'm talking about.  If anyone else had that style, I still wouldn't like it. It doesn't even look professional IMHO. I live in a very diverse community, all my life. I have seen some pretty awesome braids before they were even popular, her's doesn't look good at all IMHO.

ETA: what if this is a disguise for her summer travelling??

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 39783

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma on Wed May 31, 2017 10:45 pm

@GuardianAngel wrote:
Bach/ette wrote:
@provenceguy wrote:Oooooh, I do not like Rachel's "summer braids" & the big pile of  them on top of her head. Pic is on people.com
Braids are a very common protective summer style for black women. The bun should've been smaller, but it was probably just for one day. As a WOC, it does bother me when black hairstyles are put down in favor of eurocentric styles that require damaging chemicals or heat on the hair. I think she looks beautiful and braids will be way easier for her to maintain compared to straightening her hair every week and putting a weave in. IMO, she probably underwent a lot of damage from getting her hair styled everyday during filming, her hair probably needs a break.

My opinion has nothing to do with the colour of her skin and lets not make this all about that. I'm not putting her down, I'm posting my personal opinion on that style. I don't care what she or any other former leads did to their hair as far as damage, it's the style I'm talking about.  If anyone else had that style, I still wouldn't like it. It doesn't even look professional IMHO. I live in a very diverse community, all my life. I have seen some pretty awesome braids before they were even popular, her's doesn't look good at all IMHO.

Well I have been a hairstylist since the 60's and to me it doesn't look professionally done..almost to me it looks like a wig JMO!
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by jjjami on Wed May 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Bach/ette wrote:

Would love to see it without the bun too. Her braids are a nice change, it actually makes her look younger too. Which I didn't think could be possible because Rachel looks like she could be in her mid 20s.

jjjami

Back to top Go down

Post by A1day1 on Wed May 31, 2017 10:58 pm

I like the braids too. All she did was twist the braids in a bun, that part can be easily let down. Very pretty

A1day1

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy on Wed May 31, 2017 10:59 pm

I'm a fan of this new look too!

sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:58 am

I would love to see her with some soft bang personally.

My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 27329

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSid on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:27 am

I love the hair, and looking at the base of the extension braids and the parting pattern, it looks professionally done to me. Perhaps the bun is throwing the look off for some.

MissSid

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:34 am

I'm sure she got her hair done and didn't try to attempt it at home laugh out loud I like the look! It's fun and summery imo. And especially if she did it to protect her hair, I can totally get behind it! She's such an adorable lady Smiley
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:37 am

IMO in my experience those braids are totally professionally done. They look really well done. I agree that she needed a break from all the damage her hair likely underwent during filming with the weaves and the heat. I doubt she'll wear the bun everyday, braids are actually super versatile and I'm excited to see all the ways she rocks them.

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:49 am

@Kashathediva wrote:I would love to see her with some soft bang personally.

Not everyone can achieve that look without serious effort and hair damage. Speaking as someone who was dying to have bangs growing up, but had no chance with naturally curly hair. I'm all for people working with their natural texture and focusing on making their hair as healthy as possible rather than trying to force it into an unnatural shape. I think Rachel looks really cute with braids!
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by TLTF on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:43 am

I love it too and it looks like it's made professionally to me! It's perfect for summer and it reminds me of Kelly Rowland who was rocking this protrective style not too long ago! Love it
TLTF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Fashion Thread - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion -

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum