SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilly & Hayley Kiyoko - Bachelor 19-20 - Discussion

Page 42 of 57 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 49 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Tilly & Hayley Kiyoko - Bachelor 19-20 - Discussion - Page 42 Empty Re: Becca Tilly & Hayley Kiyoko - Bachelor 19-20 - Discussion

Post by suzq Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:56 pm

I know that some people under 35 might not know about Lynyrd Skynyrd -- I expect that. I just thought that it was a little weird to comment about a band if you know nothing about them. If I don't know about something -- I ask about it or do some research before making a comment or discussing them. That is what I was making an observation about. When you are a public figure, people will notice what you are saying and how you act and behave. That is not something that changes regardless of what a person's age is or if you are a reality tv person or celebrity. JMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Becca Tilly & Hayley Kiyoko - Bachelor 19-20 - Discussion - Page 42 Empty Re: Becca Tilly & Hayley Kiyoko - Bachelor 19-20 - Discussion

Post by sparkler Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:59 pm

I'm not following closely enough to enough how Becca and Lynyrd Skynrd are tied together (not a fan of Becca's) but may I say, they rock!! Brings me back to my college days.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:26 pm

They were most definitely joking. laugh out loud I think it was an inside joke because Dean also posted an IG story with Wells saying Lynyrd Skynyrd is Wells's favourite artist. Wells replied that it's the name of a band and Dean just repeated that Well's favourite singer of all time goes by the name of Lynyrd Skynyrd and he's about to go on stage. I don't know who made the original mistake, but seems they were all just running with it.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:29 pm

@Chgohighlife I agree my bar is high. Just like Jefferson Starship/airplane, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd or Jethro Tull are not a person. .
Sorry most of these people are extremely lucky simpletons Imo. Especially if you have to pretend u know bulllchit when in reality u don’t know jack chit. They open mouths and expel loads of it. IMO. Say nothing and people might think you are a fool. Open mouth and prove it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:23 pm

If you didn't know who Lynyrd Skynyrd were, then why even ask the question of who is better? They are on another farewell tour. Google is open 24hrs/day if they didn't know who they were.

That's like asking who do you like better, Herman or Hermits.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:31 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:If you didn't know who Lynyrd Skynyrd were, then why even ask the question of who is better? They are on another farewell tour. Google is open 24hrs/day if they didn't know who they were.

That's like asking who do you like better, Herman or Hermits.  

Definitely.... Herman ;)

Had my picture taken with him 18 years ago. He was still a looker then!

As to the subject at hand, I agree with not saying anything if you aren't sure about the subject. I couldn't tell you a thing about any of the musical acts around these days... I'm stuck in the 60's/70's/early 80's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:38 pm

What’s wrong with having ice breakers along the lines of: idk, but I’m interested? The idea of educate me should, IMO, be invaluable.
Why does everything have to be bs fake or I am better than you.
Life is learning. If you know everythng already, I guess it’s boring.
I wonder if Ben was forking Becca with his reply esp since Lynyrd Skynyryd news of Ed King’s recent death

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Lynyrd Skynyrd was playing at the iHeart Festival they were all at, hence why they were talking about them. They were just joking around. Becca even captioned the IG story with "Lynard + Skynard" which is the common misspelling of their name while pronouncing their name right in the story. Dean was also pretending not to know they're a band and Blake wrote #lynardskynard on his story. I'm sure they are all plenty familiar with them and it was just a running joke after someone else happened to not know the most famous Southern Rock band of all time. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 am

Kashathediva wrote:@Chgohighlife I agree my bar is high. Just like Jefferson Starship/airplane, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd or Jethro Tull are not a person. .
Sorry most of these people are extremely lucky simpletons Imo. Especially if you have to pretend u know bulllchit when in reality u don’t know jack chit. They open mouths and expel loads of it. IMO.  Say nothing and people might think you are a fool.  Open mouth and prove it.

@Kashathediva
My point is - not knowing who a certain rock band from the 70’s (when you were born in the late 80’s or early 90’s) does NOT make anyone a fool, IMO. If that were true, how many older people would be fools due to their ignorance about current bands or singers, not to mention ignorance of other genres. There are Rock fans who know virtually nothing about Jazz, Rock n Roll enthusiasts who know little about Country, etc., etc. IMO there are some topics that are more a mastery of trivia than a barometer for brilliance. 70’s Rock Stars fit neatly into that category, IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:47 am

Becca's back from Vegas.
Becca Tilly & Hayley Kiyoko - Bachelor 19-20 - Discussion - Page 42 Screen12
My SC.

ETA: Becca's podcast made it to the second round of voting on People's Choice Awards! Only four competitors to beat now. cheerleader They already knocked out the likes of Oprah, Alec Baldwin and Dax Shepard. Never underestimate Scrubbing In listeners. laugh out loud
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:@Chgohighlife I agree my bar is high. Just like Jefferson Starship/airplane, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd or Jethro Tull are not a person. .
Sorry most of these people are extremely lucky simpletons Imo. Especially if you have to pretend u know bulllchit when in reality u don’t know jack chit. They open mouths and expel loads of it. IMO.  Say nothing and people might think you are a fool.  Open mouth and prove it.

@Kashathediva
My point is - not knowing who a certain rock band from the 70’s (when you were born in the late 80’s or early 90’s) does NOT make anyone a fool, IMO. If that were true, how many older people would be fools due to their ignorance about current bands or singers, not to mention ignorance of other genres. There are Rock fans who know virtually nothing about Jazz, Rock n Roll enthusiasts who know little about Country, etc., etc. IMO there are some topics that are more a mastery of trivia than a barometer for brilliance. 70’s Rock Stars fit neatly into that category, IMO.

I don't think the issue was her not knowing bands that predate her birth, it is pretending knowing vs. just admitting that "I don't know".

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:12 pm

@Sprite thank you. Exactly.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 57 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 49 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilly & Hayley Kiyoko - Bachelor 19-20 - Discussion

+75
Pinkpincess
LoveDovez
Enchantress
whit90
sparkler