SELECT CONTENT

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3

Page 23 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2018 5:53 pm

I read a recap on reddit because I won't listen to RS.

She was always one of my favorite 'ettes and I loved her and Ian together. I did like reading about their time together after the show. It was nice to know that they did go to counseling and it was during that he realized this just was not the relationship for him.

It seems that she just has had a rough life post show with the ex-husband and the alcoholism. Losing both parents had to really effect her as well. Some posters on reddit suspected that she had been drinking before doing the podcast.

Wasn't she and Mary Delgado on the same season of the bachelor? Another one who turned to alcohol post show. Mary has turned her life around, I hope that Meredith does the same.

Back to top Go down

TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3

Post by lipsis Wed May 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Yep, Meredith was F4 and Mary was F3. I always liked them both. I was not an Ian fan though. I preferred Matthew. According to Meredith, Ian hasn't married and Matthew is happily we'd with two kids.

TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Samuel10TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Samuel10 TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Family10TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Samuel15TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 23, 2018 6:31 pm

I guess we’d all be drinking if we had slept with Blob. J/k

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2018 6:43 pm

lipsis wrote:Yep, Meredith was F4 and Mary was F3. I always liked them both. I was not an Ian fan though. I preferred Matthew. According to Meredith, Ian hasn't married and Matthew is happily we'd with two kids.

I liked both girls as well. I was glad Meredith was the next 'ette and I was so happy to see Mary on Byron's season. Seems these 2 gals have a lot in common post show.

I thought it was cute that Lanny (her F4) introduced Matthew to his wife! Matthew was OK, but I just didn't see him with her. 2 different worlds IMO. He seemed more "down home" and I saw her as more "citified".

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoil Me Again Thu May 24, 2018 11:48 am

Awful what happened to her, just awful.

She has not had it easy and clearly is still struggling.

I loved her and Ian and hope she finds the peace and happiness she deserves.

Very sad.
Spoil Me Again
Spoil Me Again

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri May 25, 2018 4:39 pm

I just listened. Oh Meredith. Poor Meredith. I just feel like there is so much sadness surrounding her. Out of all the former leads, and DEFINITELY out of the former Bachelorettes... she’s the Greek tragedy. Just so much pain and heart ache without the success, either personally or professionally that the others received. It sounds like she is still hung up on Ian too, even after all these years. He was also a dark guy. Idk. Every word she spoke just felt heavy to me. Such a different vibe than most former leads give off.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri May 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Meredith and Ian may always be my favorites, probably because they were my "first," as in couple I could really relate to and cheer for. When Meredith talks about Ian's sad eyes, that was also something I always noticed.

I remember her usually speaking slowly and deliberately on her season, too, but wouldn't be surprised if getting older and going through some hard years slowed all that. She doesn't have a radio friendly voice or cadence, but I would never judge her negatively for that.

Breaks my heart all that she has gone through. The show may never have been the right move for her.

I worry about the drinking but won't judge on that, either. She did not sound drunk on the podcast to me. Perhaps like someone who has some issues with depression, however. Impossible to say; voice work is so different from TV.

I am glad her career seems to be on track and I hope she someday finds her special someone, if that is still something she wants.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri May 25, 2018 8:34 pm

I worry about the fact that Meredith still drinking. Having grown up with two alcoholics once they finally quit they were not able to even drink a little or socially. The alcoholics I knew who continued to drink were always a little unstable and tied to the drinking.

In my sister's case her addictions were at least partially self medication for her bipolar disorder, I am not sure if this is what might be happening with Meredith.

I adore Meredith I loved her season even if I thought Ian would break her heart. I hate that she was violated and as lost so much in her life. I hope she finds a happiness in her life.

All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 pm

How has anyone come to the conclusion that Meredith has resumed drinking? Did she admit to this? Just curios that I missed something. Thanks.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri May 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Kashathediva wrote:How has anyone come to the conclusion that Meredith has resumed drinking? Did she admit to this? Just curios that I missed something. Thanks.

She admitted in the podcast that she still drinks. Not to excess like before though.

TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 87b72b10 TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 86669110 TheBacheloretteReunion - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 pm

I wish her well. Seriously. No judgements.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun May 27, 2018 9:07 pm

I don’t follow her, but I occasionally check in on Lindsay Yenter (now Swanson) from Sean’s season of the bachelor. She and her husband have a little boy that’s almost two and a few days ago she gave birth to her second little boy Liam. I just saw that less than 48 hours after giving birth her father suddenly passed away.

I’m not sure if people remember, but he was a big general in the army and gave one of the best speeches IMO a HTD has ever seen with a father talking to the bachelor. I remember that there were quite a few people that liked Lindsay and she doesn’t update her social media often, so I figured I’d post about it. Such an incredibly happy time that is now intertwined with an absolutely heartbreaking time. Sending good vibes to Lindsay!

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3

+109
Amethyst
mtnlvr55
just me
Minney
leavers