SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 32 of 66 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Sprite Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:48 am

Honestly, I don't get it. Why is it considered that a good way to show interest in someone is to stick your tongue down their throat and spout OTT lines? Why is it bad to be more measured and reserved? I get that in the environment of this show everything is on steroids and you snooze, you lose, but still it is as if the man is being condemned for not being a super aggressive alpha male because he actually wants to get to know someone. Yeah, he may not be F1 and yeah, once out of the bubble he may realize he might not have been as into her as he thought, but he would hardly be the first to feel that way and better to figure it out now rather than later.

I feel like we had a very similar situation ... and very similar discussions ... about Vanessa last season because she dared think about herself and questioned the lead about his behaviour and if he was actually a good fit for her. It's as if contestants aren't allowed to be thoughtful in their relationship with the lead and as if the only way to be F1 is to be OTT verbally and sexually. That is certainly what we are used to with this show, but maybe because the couple last season was a little older ... as are the people in this triangle ... maybe a more measured approach could win out. I know I would certainly appreciate that.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by quietpal Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:50 am

Exactly GA! Based on body language I see Rachel being more into Peter than he into her. I think he's attracted to her on some level and enjoys kissing her, but that's about it. Based on his actions, I can't tell how much he likes Rachel. I haven't seen any progression on his part.
Btw, I saw an awkward hot tub scene, not a hot one. IMO

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:54 am

I agree that it doesn't always have to be super aggressive alpha male to be a good guy and a good f1 but in this case, I think it does for rachel. For me personally, my current Bach Nation crush is the guy who slept on a cot while the woman he was pursuing was basically hooking up with a jealous alpha guy in a bed 2 feet away laugh out loud So that's my style apparently but it's not Rachel's imo and rachel loves what Bryan is doing to and with her imo and that's all that matters.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:06 am

Gotta love the different perspectives!

GA-he's def. interested-he was flirty and hands on the court, he picked her up and was enjoying every moment he could with her. I thought it was a romantic move that he suggested going out onto the balcony. As to the arms-that thing was spliced and diced, he had wine in his hands part of the time, they cut it right when he was starting to move his hands. He wants to get to know her more, he's trying to take advantage of the short time he has by doing that-but Rachel couldn't wait to get physical-she is hot for Peter. BTW it sure looked like he was enjoying Rachel in the hot tub, if you notice we didn't get to see all of it and they were gone a LONG time. all jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:22 am

This is why I'm starting to think it's more physical with Peter, or the edit may start to turn that way, but that's it. Just speculating. I don't know if he challenges her enough in the sense that he "makes her feel like she can do anyting" as she said about Bryan. IMO

Last edited by quietpal on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:24 am

I expect every male F1 to be in love with the Bachelorette right out of the limo, worship the ground she walks on, and defend her honor and dignity. Shawn is the gold standard.  Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 32 1f601

JMsillyO cheeky
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:30 am

bluwavz wrote:I expect every male F1 to be in love with the Bachelorette right out of the limo, worship the ground she walks on, and defend her honor and dignity. Shawn is the gold standard.  Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 32 1f601

JMsillyO cheeky

cantstopl

Too funny. Post of the morning.

Though jokes aside, with this crunched timeline yeah that has to be the norm. No more wishy washy dudes that are there for the "wrong reasons".

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:47 am

bluwavz wrote:I expect every male F1 to be in love with the Bachelorette right out of the limo, worship the ground she walks on, and defend her honor and dignity. Shawn is the gold standard.  Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 32 1f601

JMsillyO cheeky
We're so lucky we have him heartbeat Let's not forget how much he trusted the producers and only that one guy (Bennett) laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:48 am

@Lost17 I know I saw that too, the splicing, but at that moment they are kissing his hands are together which means he didn't have a wine glass.

I mentioned this the other day. From what I'm seeing, he has no problems when he is in a group setting. He's very different. One on one, IMO he's hesitant. The way he jerked his head to look outside, and asked if there's a balcony out there, it just seemed as if it was all producer induced. It's as if someone was out there getting his attention, now is the time to ask to go out on the balcony. IDK it was awkward to me.

The PI's were very complimentary of one another. Rachel said he is lazer focused on her. Peter's PI was interesting since he pointed out that if time is what I need to fall in love with her, than the more time the better.

1:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cts5ZaKVq8Y

I can understand needing time to fall in love, but I just like to see a more physical attraction right up front IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:58 am

Sprite wrote:Honestly, I don't get it. Why is it considered that a good way to show interest in someone is to stick your tongue down their throat and spout OTT lines? Why is it bad to be more measured and reserved? I get that in the environment of this show everything is on steroids and you snooze, you lose, but still it is as if the man is being condemned for not being a super aggressive alpha male because he actually wants to get to know someone. Yeah, he may not be F1 and yeah, once out of the bubble he may realize he might not have been as into her as he thought, but he would hardly be the first to feel that way and better to figure it out now rather than later.

I feel like we had a very similar situation ... and very similar discussions ... about Vanessa last season because she dared think about herself and questioned the lead about his behaviour and if he was actually a good fit for her. It's as if contestants aren't allowed to be thoughtful in their relationship with the lead and as if the only way to be F1 is to be OTT verbally and sexually. That is certainly what we are used to with this show, but maybe because the couple last season was a little older ... as are the people in this triangle ... maybe a more measured approach could win out. I know I would certainly appreciate that.

I agree. I appreciate Peter's (and Vanessa's) approach a lot more than the "you're perfect, pick me pick me!" during the show and leaving the questions until after the FRC. I thought it was interesting that Rachel was chastising Josiah for spouting lines and not asking any questions, yet I haven't really seen Bryan ask many questions either. Maybe he has during all the stuff that's been edited out, but what I've seen so far is a guy who's acting like he already knows she's perfect for him, when really he doesn't know her at all. Kind of reminds me of Whitney. JMO.

As for the physical stuff, I can't really focus on where Peter's hands were during the balcony kiss he initiated, when in the hot tub they were both shamelessly grabbing her azz and pulling her close.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:21 pm

I feel like we had a very similar situation ... and very similar discussions ... about Vanessa last season because she dared think about herself and questioned the lead about his behaviour and if he was actually a good fit for her. It's as if contestants aren't allowed to be thoughtful in their relationship with the lead and as if the only way to be F1 is to be OTT verbally and sexually.

Just speaking for myself as someone who adored Vanessa, the difference I see between her and Nick and Peter with Rachel is that while Vanessa had no problems challenging Nick and questioning him, I never doubted how passionately and romantically into him she was. In fact, that's why the experience was so hard for her because she was so clearly and obviously in love with him and wanted the same commitment from him that he couldn't fully give while the season was still happening. That is in no way what I see from Peter regarding Rachel, IMO. My issue from beginning to now with Peter is that I simply don't see this passionate/physical connection to Rachel.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:35 pm

lleyki wrote:
I feel like we had a very similar situation ... and very similar discussions ... about Vanessa last season because she dared think about herself and questioned the lead about his behaviour and if he was actually a good fit for her. It's as if contestants aren't allowed to be thoughtful in their relationship with the lead and as if the only way to be F1 is to be OTT verbally and sexually.

Just speaking for myself as someone who adored Vanessa, the difference I see between her and Nick and Peter with Rachel is that while Vanessa had no problems challenging Nick and questioning him, I never doubted how passionately and romantically into him she was. In fact, that's why the experience was so hard for her because she was so clearly and obviously in love with him and wanted the same commitment from him that he couldn't fully give while the season was still happening. That is in no way what I see from Peter regarding Rachel, IMO. My issue from beginning to now with Peter is that I simply don't see this passionate/physical connection to Rachel.

I get that, but not everyone is as passionate as say Vanessa and even Rachel. Some people are just naturally more reserved. My point isn't who is more into Rachel...Peter or Bryan...my point is that the poor guy shouldn't be condemned because his style isn't what people are typically used to. IMO it's like a light switch was flicked after the second spoiler from RS came out and all the things that used to be positives about him are now turned into negatives. no idea

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 66 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+100
richmondrose
everglow
appiah01
Billysmom
composer53
violetstoo
Seab21
TheWrongReasons
KK4
Nativenewyorker
likeashipblown