SELECT CONTENT

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Page 5 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by sfrank Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 am

I'll make one finally point on his not a real doctor slap - yes he's not MD but he's legally allowed to call himself similarly to other non-medical "doctors" in other allied health care professions like optometry, podiatry, dentistry and psychology. Chiropractors usually have the academic degree of "Doctor of Chiropractic", which is awarded after an average of 8 years of university training.

You know who else calls themselve a "doctor" on their official medical site? Dr. Ashley Herbert Rosenbaum.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:13 am

@sfrank I have no issue with anyone calling themselves dr in his profession. I just think society maybe views dentists as a little more respectable whereas chiropractors are sometimes the butt of a joke (ie Kimmel joking about Bryan being a fake dr). I don't understand it but I don't know much about the field or why they're controversial.

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:20 am

sfrank wrote:I'll make one finally point on his not a real doctor slap - yes he's not MD but he's legally allowed to call himself similarly to other non-medical "doctors" in other allied health care professions like optometry, podiatry, dentistry and psychology. Chiropractors usually have the academic degree of "Doctor of Chiropractic", which is awarded after an average of 8 years of university training.

You know who else calls themselve a "doctor" on their official medical site? Dr. Ashley Herbert Rosenbaum.
I love my chiropractor but there's a huge difference IMO between a dentist and a chiropractor....anyone who is authorized to perform surgery of any kind should be addressed as Dr.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:24 am

Anyone who has 8 years of university and knows every bone in my body IMO should be called Doctor whether they perform surgery or not. They are allowed to use that title and IMo rightly so. They are Doctor of Chiropractic. There's a difference between a dentist, an MD, doctor of psychiatry, (who doesn't perform surgery) his just so happen to be chiropractor.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 am

I am not sure how it works in America but where I am from anyone with a doctorate degree can refer to themselves as the title "Dr." . Professors, scientist, philosophers, medical personnels and so on are commonly referred to as doctors.

Doctor is an academic title that originates from the Latin word of the same spelling and meaning.This use spread around the world with European universities. Contracted "Dr" or "Dr.", it is used as a designation for a person who has obtained a research doctorate (e.g. PhD). In many parts of the world it is also used by medical practitioners, regardless of whether or not they hold a doctoral-level degree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_(title)
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:45 am

Agree on your entire post, @Dessler.

It is obvious to me from his IG that he is a mommy's boy. He LOVES his mom. However, I am not going to make presumptions about his mother without seeing any footage. And even after, I am not gonna judge a non-contestant based on whatever edit the production is going to give them. Like, even Dean's dad, I kinda already feel bad for him seeing comments making fun of him on SM and the like. And I can already tell people are going to judge him for being a bad father or whatever when in fact, none of us knows exactly know what happened there... But this is just me when it involves family members. Others are free to do whatever.

I would actually love to watch the Player if anyone has online links to it. TYIA. giggling It's the kind of "ratchet TV" I like. And I want to see baby Bryan and see how much game he had/ didn't have. Was he charming/smooth/awkward/shy? Did he get rejected ala Jack Stone? Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 2498057887 It's all so very curious and entertaining to me. I personally won't judge him being on a reality TV show while watching another reality TV show. Is it the perception that the Bachelor franchise is a higher class show to the Player?  Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 5 3806527698  And you know what, if Rachel really did pick him, I can see them watching the show together for laughs. I would do it if I knew my boyfriend went on reality TV donkey years ago.

Actually, it's good that Bryan seems to have a thick-skin, because even posting a recent photo of him and Will, people were going crazy in the IG comments about HOW DARE HE WEAR THAT WATCH NOW AND SPOIL THE SHOW??!?? rofl When in fact, he has been wearing it since filming ended and they have just noticed it now and were so offended by it. It's very amusing.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:22 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Anyone who has 8 years of university and knows every bone in my body IMO should be called Doctor whether they perform surgery or not. They are allowed to use that title and IMo rightly so. They are Doctor of Chiropractic. There's a difference between a dentist, an MD, doctor of psychiatry, (who doesn't perform surgery) his just so happen to be chiropractor.

Agreed!

And to take it a step further, I have a cousin that can use the designation "Dr".... He has a Doctorate in Art. His partner has a Doctorate in Math and is also called "Dr".

IMO, the letters behind the name (MD, DDS, DC, DO etc) show what type of doctor they really are. When it comes down to it, my "doctor" isn't even a doctor. She is a "PA" and knows just as much as the MD's in the office!

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Not to start anything, but my DIL calls herself "Dr." She has a PhD which she acquired after five years of study and a thesis, and after earning her Bachelor's and Master's degrees. I think she's entitled!! JMHO.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:31 pm

I didn't know chiropractors were so controversial until Bryan came around laugh out loud

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:31 pm

Does he still sell the tea? The link is not in his bio.

It doesn't matter what I think of him, it's what Rachel sees in him that matters. She seems to be very happy now and that's why I want to root for her and Bryan. Also, I think he seems pretty low key in a group setting, staying out of house drama is a big plus to me. Jmo.

No one knows how long they will last, but Bryan's willingness to move makes me hopeful.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:34 pm

LOL my son-in-law's father was so consumed with being called "Doctor" (he is a college professor) that he was adamant with seeing the wedding invitations prior to be sent out. Ok. Whatever turns ya on.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:34 pm

I always got a chuckle, back in the day when checks were more common, when people would put Dr. so and so on their checks, when their doctorate was a non-MD or DMD/DDS. They are entitled but I always felt that was carrying it a bit too far.

30 years ago I did quite a bit of business in Italy in the medical field and surgeons were addressed as Mr. and anyone with a university degree could be called Dr. Just a bit of history.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

+82
luv2laugh
twinkle73
whit90
Maddy
gurlbrit