SELECT CONTENT

Luke McLeod - Beach Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luke McLeod - Beach Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: Luke McLeod - Beach Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:39 am

Another one of Luke's businesses.  He seems to have his finger in a lot of pies.  He may be coming across as quiet/reserved on the show but he certainly seems to have a lot to say IRL!  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCta1DJq4Nm3pu17tGHtTCw

I haven't seen enough of Luke on the show yet to get a proper handle on him but these videos seem OTT PC to me and I worry Sophie won't be able to be herself if they're together.  

I just get the impression it would be exhausting trying to live up to his lofty ideals.  Like, what happens if Sophie feels like KFC? If Luke is F1, I hope he doesn't expect her to change.  
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Luke McLeod - Beach Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: Luke McLeod - Beach Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:43 pm

@Bobette I am with you on this one. I've followed him long enough now to where I get the sense he is the type of guy who over-analyzes everything. And I mean everything - like the meaning of the color blue, what women wear and things they buy, and stuff. It's very OTT. I am all for analyzing but he posts almost every single day and reading deep into things even though he is all "be simple" he seems anything but simple and even that is contradictory to me a bit because he seems to take life way too seriously, which to me is not something attractive. I think it's much more healthy to take life less seriously than over analyzing every little minutiae of life. I get living in the present... but taking IG videos of himself while he talks about living in the present is exactly the opposite of living in the present imo. It's very OTT to me and I'd honestly find it way too exhausting to be with but I guess if Soph likes it then happy for her and hope it works out and lasts
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Bobette wrote:
Sundy wrote:Is it possible that the 25/7 date was around the time of hometown dates? It is also possible that the FRC was prior to 9/8?  Would this make that dates fit for Luke?

Yes to the first part - Sophie was papped at the airport on 29/07 which we speculated was her returning from a HTD, but re: the second, even if the FRC was prior to 09/08, Luke was still all over SM consistently from late July so it's just very puzzling. dizzy  

@AllAboutLove, from your research do you think there were any gaps in Luke's SM before 09/08 big enough to fit the HTD/FRC?
@Sundy yep I posted that very thing in my long post that it could be HTD and him in Manly at that time. Regarding FRC, as I posted in the filming schedule thread, Sophie has had MORE contestants this season than GL did (at least 2 more total) and yet Sophie's alleged filming schedule (FRC before Aug 12) is much shorter than GL's season was. As I posted before, I can attribute this possibly to lots of contestants being sent home before HTDs and more than usual for filming timeline (will need to keep an eye on this and post accordingly in the Filming thread to see how this pans out). As posted in the beginning of Luke's thread, based on the date of Luke's SD, he has the pattern for Ep3 SD (meaning, both past F1s, Sasha and Lee, both had their single dates in Ep3). So back then when he filming his date, I said that Luke would be F1 based on that Ep3 SD stat alone. When he was so consistently active on SM (liking, following, posting IG stories, videos and even live IG stories) and all this at the same time as Samual who was sleuthed to be eliminated, that's when it was discussed that Luke must be off the show since anyone that has that much consistent SM activity has always been a tell that the contestant is eliminated. Sportsbet changed all that of course. 

@Bobette No I don't recall any gaps big enough for anything (then again HTD is filmed in just a few hours, FD, LCD, MTP, FRC all a few hours and maybe only FD and LCD would be more hours) but Luke was on SM almost every day liking things (posting on IG stories) since before July 25. It was so common it is why it was immediately like, "of course this guy has to be eliminated". So if he is F1, it means he had access to his SM and was using it during filming time and had approved travel during that time. The only conclusion I can come to about his travel to NZ around Aug 5 and Aug 9/10 (maybe that date was a latergram?) was that he was granted time off in between filming. Maybe that was a deal he had as a locked in F1 (kind of like if Soph knew he was the one, maybe he didn't think he was going to stay on the show and had business meetings and so they let home go as long as he used SM to show his whereabouts?).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:34 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:@Bobette I am with you on this one. I've followed him long enough now to where I get the sense he is the type of guy who over-analyzes everything. And I mean everything - like the meaning of the color blue, what women wear and things they buy, and stuff. It's very OTT. I am all for analyzing but he posts almost every single day and reading deep into things even though he is all "be simple" he seems anything but simple and even that is contradictory to me a bit because he seems to take life way too seriously, which to me is not something attractive. I think it's much more healthy to take life less seriously than over analyzing every little minutiae of life. I get living in the present... but taking IG videos of himself while he talks about living in the present is exactly the opposite of living in the present imo. It's very OTT to me and I'd honestly find it way too exhausting to be with but I guess if Soph likes it then happy for her and hope it works out and lasts

Exactly this.  Despite being beautiful and successful and hilarious, Sophie has spoken about having low self esteem.  I don't think it's a coincidence that she used to date a plastic surgeon.  And here we have Luke, a motivational speaker, making it sound like he has all the answers.  I think Sophie will perhaps be drawn to this side of Luke because she feels like he will be able to "fix her".  

But IMO he's full of hot air and I would say, borderline delusional.  IMO the reality is that life is messy and chaotic and imperfect, ESPECIALLY when you bring children into the picture.  I fear he will put too much pressure on Sophie to change, under the disguise of helping her to "improve herself".  I would much rather see her with someone who loves her for who she is NOW.

AllAboutLove wrote:The only conclusion I can come to about his travel to NZ around Aug 5 and Aug 9/10 (maybe that date was a latergram?) was that he was granted time off in between filming. Maybe that was a deal he had as a locked in F1 (kind of like if Soph knew he was the one, maybe he didn't think he was going to stay on the show and had business meetings and so they let home go as long as he used SM to show his whereabouts?).

I think this must be it.  They wanted Luke so badly, they were willing to let him bend the rules, IMO.  

Both Bach and Bachette this year have seemed to me like different shows to the past.  Rather than having several people "competing" for the lead, I feel like there has been literally ONE person cast for the lead, and the others are there to fulfil roles - the loveable F2, the funny narrator, the "villain", etc.  

IMO that's why Luke is being so hidden - if they showed more of him, it would be obvious that he has been hand picked for Sophie, in the same way it was IMO obvious that Laura had been hand picked for Matty.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:41 pm

question question question
The Bachelorette's Luke McLeod CONFIRMS he dated Laura Byrne

http://dailym.ai/2wPy4s2
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Sundy wrote:question question question

cantstopl Classic Oz.  It's like one degree of separation at best.  We need to ship over a few more convicts to diversify the dating pool.

Also, just copying this from the F1 to F4 thread:

Bobette wrote:LOL at Daily Mail outing Luke for his self-aggrandising tossery:

Confucius or just confused? The Bachelorette favourite Luke McLeod shares inspirational post about 'intuition'... by quoting HIMSELF

He's the meditation-loving surfer who is doing his best to woo singleton Sophie Monk on The Bachelorette this season.

But Luke McLeod, 33, may have caused a few of his fans to scratch their head after sharing a bizarre inspirational post on Instagram by quoting himself.

The post, which was uploaded to his self-help business Soul Society's Instagram page last week, reads: 'Intuition is the voice of the soul- Luke McLeod.'

While it is common practice to quote the words of prominent thinkers such as Confucius or Plato in motivational Instagram posts, Luke apparently decided to break tradition.

Meanwhile, the caption read: 'Can you hear her? She often only whispers and can leave as fast as she arrived. But she's there.'

The post went on: 'Waiting patiently for her next chance to shine. Listen carefully. For her words will set you free.'

Source

They clearly ripped the story off from our info but still, funny.   cantstopl
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Pongo Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:53 am

Suspect Am I the only one not buying the "she's an amazing woman" and "we were better off being really good friends"? IMO he seems a bit fake. I would love to know why they really broke up
Pongo
Pongo

Female Posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:04 am

Pongo wrote:

Suspect Am I the only one not buying the "she's an amazing woman" and "we were better off being really good friends"? IMO he seems a bit fake. I would love to know why they really broke up

I certainly think the words "really good" are unnecessary and inflammatory. If I was Matty I'd be p!ssed. But I'm with you, would love to know the real story. In fact I hope all the 2017 Bach alums do some kind of expose in a few years time.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:13 am

He was also in an ad for aeroplane jelly earlier this year. Not so zen I think.
In a statement, Network Ten said: “Luke appeared in an Aeroplane Jelly ad earlier this year as a favour to a friend. He has never acted before, and is managing director of a business consulting company, Soul Consulting.”
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/bachelorette-contestant-luke-mcleod-unveiled-as-an-actor-is-he-just-playing-with-sophies-heart/news-story/94741381881c656e7d00599999e5cbc7

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:37 am

This franchise will soon become as incestuous as the american bach/ette franchise. duh :shocked!: :headbanging
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Enough wrote:He was also in an ad for aeroplane jelly earlier this year. Not so zen I think.
In a statement, Network Ten said: “Luke appeared in an Aeroplane Jelly ad earlier this year as a favour to a friend. He has never acted before, and is managing director of a business consulting company, Soul Consulting.”
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/bachelorette-contestant-luke-mcleod-unveiled-as-an-actor-is-he-just-playing-with-sophies-heart/news-story/94741381881c656e7d00599999e5cbc7

The fact that Ten bothered to release a statement is telling IMO - they usually don't bother defending anyone except the F1s.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:56 pm

I thought this was such a cute gesture. I really liked Luke and Sophie together. I think they suit. Such a personal message too imo in the IG picture ‘finally just some you and me time’

Luke McLeod - Beach Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 4 120b2210
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke McLeod - Beach Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+12
joshfan
robinvi
Enough
Idlemess
Pongo
Hooked
Sundy
mercieme
LeapofFaith
GuardianAngel
Bobette