SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Page 2 of 54 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

happy - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Post by coolangel Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:15 am

sosleepy wrote:Absolutely agree. There are lots of non-traditional ways a person can express good work eithic without the traditional climbing the work ladder, obvious example. Regarding Nick specifically, I just highly doubt this little business is really anything very serious to him. I don't see him bleeding his heart and soul into it, something that would signify good work ethic. Rather to me, it seems like a little side project to keep him somewhat busy because he's honestly kind of lost. Serious mid life crisis. He hit the big time with Bachelor and DWTS. He's almost 40... and that's kinda old to break it into Hollywood for real. And basically no one does, or with few exceptions, from this franchise (or any reality tv) anyway. So... like now what? Fake business time. **IMO** Helps his image a bit. He doesn't know who he is or where he's going, basically. That's how I see Nick.

Not knocking him either. I LIKE him. **IMO** He's just neck high in this franchise curse of fame and attention seeking and finding it difficult to transition back to real world. He is most definitely NOT the first to fall in this trap. But **IMO** he's perhaps one of the worse to get in over their head ... and it's hard to extricate yourself.

The Polished Gent was in the works long before Nick became the Bachelor. So I doubt it was a side project for him coz at that point there were no indication that he would be the Bachelor or even get to do DWTS. It was supposed to be launched in 2016 but got delayed for whatever reason. Just coz I don't see crazy publicity for it is no indication that they are not working behind the scenes to make it a more sustainable money-making model. Once I saw the prices, monthly subscription and the product sizes, I knew they would have to tweak it for it to be a success and that is how a lot of startup businesses work these days IMO if you have the funding. You start off with the idea you have and keep tweaking it based on the feedback till you get a successful model. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I doubt it's a fake business though coz his partners are involved in a lot of other startup businesses as well.

Maybe you are right about the mid life crisis and he is missing the attention. But in that case, I don't know why he and Vanessa are not publicizing/branding their relationship and being neck deep in the franchise the way most of these couples are post show. Frankly, that's the best way to hold followers attention IMO for a Bachelor couple. Instead, they disappear for days on end and even their fans don't know where they are. If he is indeed missing the attention and fame, he and V are doing a piss-poor job by living their lives off SM.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

happy - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:19 am

coolangel wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:
alwaysvictoria wrote:One of the other female hosts lives right hext door to Nick and Vanessa. She said she sees them coming and going but they are never together.

OK, this sounds actually creepy, tbh. I have no clue how often my next door neighbours come and go and with whom, because I simply don't creep on looking for them. I'm thinking there's some weird negative vibe going, and these hosts are hoping for a break up for some odd reason. Jmo

ITA! :yes: IMO Nick and Vanessa need to get a restraining order pronto. laugh out loud laugh out loud The negative vibe towards Nissa is nothing new unfortunately IMO and was the same both during and right after the show. IMO One of the reasons why I believe most of these people are hoping for a break up is so that they can say 'I told you so' and 'We called it'. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I gave up on recap podcasts a while back but when I was listening, The AB hosts in particular were either talking about how Nick wasn't into anyone or about Vanessa's IMDB page and how she was only there to launch her acting career. IMO The need to be proved right is so high for these people that some of them don't even care that it's in such poor taste that they are hoping for the demise of a relationship. no no 

All JMO
clapping! well said as always, IMO!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happydays Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:37 am

I disagree about his ethic regarding the business for the following reasons :
- little to no advertising
- lack of consistent social media platforms. Video is on vimeo. YouTube polished gent and you'll find that there is a channel but that is a different business completely. Instagram is the only social media platform
- the amount of errors and typos found on the site upon launch which were later corrected (should not be there in the first place)
- no emails sent to those who entered their addresses into the subscription list

He may be working hard but not hard enough. If you start a business, you have to dedicate your soul to it like its your only baby. Otherwise it will likely fail.

happydays

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:46 am

happydays wrote:I disagree about his ethic regarding the business for the following reasons :
- lack of consistent social media platforms. Video is on vimeo. YouTube polished gent and you'll find that there is a channel but that is a different business completely. Instagram is the only social media platform
- the amount of errors and typos found on the site upon launch which were later corrected (should not be there in the first place)
- no emails sent to those who entered their addresses into the subscription list

He may be working hard but not hard enough. If you start a business, you have to dedicate your soul to it like its your only baby. Otherwise it will likely fail.

Precisely this! I won't bring up others from the franchise who have started businesses but it's a very stark contrast IMO.

I also wouldn't be surprised to learn he's no longer involved in the business in the not to distant future.

Last edited by umngirl on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total

happy - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 87b72b10 happy - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 86669110 happy - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:08 am

happydays wrote:I disagree about his ethic regarding the business for the following reasons :

You have listed good points but they all pertain to marketing IMO. I agree that marketing is a huge part of any business but it is not THE business IMO. Speaking only for myself, if I see improvements which can be made to a product I am selling based on the feedback, I am going to concentrate my efforts on doing that first instead of promoting a not viable product. Ofcourse, I am going only based on what Nick said on the podcast about the business and the back-orders but it makes sense to me that they are working behind the scenes towards a more sustainable business. I am not going to say they are not working hard enough just based on one aspect which is visible to the public.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 am

A lot of the above goes to the fact that we don't know what Nick is hoping to get out of the business or what It needs to be in order for him to deem it successful. If you have product on backorder, would you go out and promote the product heavily? Not sure that makes sense. He also mentioned in a podcast that they want to keep a low inventory. So, I just think it's hard to judge from the outside at this point whether it is successful or not. For all we know, they may sell the formula for the products they created and make a decent amount that way. Again, I don't see Nick or his business partners putting (presumably) significant time and/or money into something and then letting it fail without some effort to save it. So, I still believe there's more there than meets the eye.

I don't know how Nick is spending his time currently. And maybe he won't be with this business for long. However, from what I've seen and heard, I still believe him to be a hard worker if he's going after something he wants. I highly doubt this is a passion project for him, but so what, most of the things we pursue in life aren't. He's obviously doing okay for himself no matter what you or I may think about his decisions.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheokaf Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Beard cream and eye gel - princess needs a new job imo

“I apologize for nothing. I’m sorry for being awesome.” Ryan, Bachelorette Season 11
Sheokaf
Sheokaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Imo Nick is a mature man who has provided for himself his entire adult life. He is ambitious, energetic, and confident. He is not indecisive nor in need of constant reassurance like his predecessor.

On another note: he looks very lonely in last night's snap in their apartment. I'm ready for him to get to Montreal.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:03 pm

What in the sam hill is keeping him in L.A. other than acting classes? laugh out loud If he's that lonely, can't he just get himself to Montreal stat?
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:29 pm

I'm genuinely confused. So this guy seems to have stayed in LA for some x reason that no one can tell and is going to make an appearance at her fundraiser like a celebrity pretty much? Seems like the plan is he's going to fly in that day essentially, grace everyone with his presence, and then probably leave the same night laugh out loud I wonder how much she's paying him for his appearance fee Rolling Eyes

I'm waiting for her to wake the heck up because she seems awesome.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Nick mentioned being there for the "Just for Laughs" festival. Although it says it starts 7/13, most of the shows appear to be 7/20 - 7/31. I hope the get to hang out in Montreal for awhile.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:31 pm

***EDIT *** Fact is he isn't on social media much, so we don't really know what he has going on in LA to make that judgment. Also, while most people may think it's stupid of him to take that acting class, if he's taking it, the classes are on Fridays. So, would you sign up for a 4-6 week class and then miss 2 classes just to hang out in Montreal with your fiancée. Vanessa said in her live last week that she's been so busy with stuff for the fundraiser she wouldn't be able to spend much time with Nick even if he were there. So, that doesn't make much sense for him to be there assuming he has other stuff going on, which is a fair assumption regardless of whether you deem those activities valid. The only other time they were away from each other over the past 4 months was when she was in Montreal a week or two before him in May. They will have spent a 1 and 1/2 weeks apart at most this time. That certainly is not a lot of time apart. Not to mention maybe she enjoys spending some time with her friends and family by herself. I know I would.

Also, this is her thing and IMO he's being supportive while letting it be her thing. While some people don't like Nick, many do. And he draws a lot of attention in Montreal as was clear from their last visit. I have no doubt he's proud of Vanessa and wouldn't miss the event. I also have no doubt that him being there is a draw for some of the attendees, which is why they are advertising his appearance as such.

My guess is they will head back to LA together sometime next week. Vanessa seems like a very smart, very strong person and doesn't appear to be someone that would stay in a relationship for the "fame". So IMO she's obviously satisfied by the relationship at this time. It doesn't matter what any of us think of it. If that changes in the future, the relationship will end, and so be it.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 54 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

+86
TrishB
Rachelsseason
Miyala
timfan
kerriway