SELECT CONTENT

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Page 16 of 78 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 47 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorettefinale - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Just for kicks I thought I would throw together some meanings of the word sacrifice.
source
A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause. Parents sacrifice time and sleep to take care of their children, while kids might sacrifice TV time to hang out with mom and dad.
sheesh. All so positive. I decided to look elsewhere for more upbeat.

Ok. According to Merriam-Webster:source
Definition of sacrifice
1 an act of offering to a deity something precious; especially the killing of a victim on an altar
2 something offered in sacrifice
3 a destruction or surrender of something for the sake of something else
b  something given up or lost the sacrifices made by parents
4 loss goods sold at a sacrifice
5 sacrifice hit
Ok. I give up. Sacrifice.

But he was willing to sacrifice his desire to only propose once, since he knew he was never going to marry Rachel. Therefore proposing would have been the distruction of his pristine proposal Suspect
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

thebachelorettefinale - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by Seabear Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:17 pm

I heard Peter say a jillion times that the timeline of the show was to fast for him to be able to make a proposal. His one and only absolutely getting married to this person proposal. He said he was not impulsive and needs a long time with a relationship to know if it is the one. How is Peter going to be able to get to a proposal and "sacrifice" his values/beliefs as he chooses from 30 women as he juggles multiple relationships in the emotionally charged bubble as the Bachelor?? His actions will show me if Peter was genuine with Rachel or a manipulative gameplayer.
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:03 pm

sosleepy wrote:
sfrank wrote:If Peter agrees to TB gig he loses all credibility IMO

Why? Rachel was the same as Peter - walls up, guarded, unable to let go to the process.
Did she lose credibility when she agreed to the Ette?

I have no horse in this race, but if he's the Bachelor, meh... not the first time someone who was initially skeptical of the process/a little stiff made it through their own season just fine.

No, because she said she would have 100% accepted a proposal from Nick. Nothing wrong with initial skepticism, but if you're signing on to be the lead of a show that moves too fast for your core principles? Don't see how that's the same thing.

And, I've always said that commitment-phobia is basically a prerequisite for a Bachelor , so I don't care, but I do think it makes him a hypocrite when he's writing captions about how he couldn't possibly say ILY after 3 months and saying that a proposal = marriage for him. Well, then, he better stick to those principles and not propose...and if he does propose, he better marry that girl. Somehow, I don't think either scenario will happen, but I'm always up for a shocker. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Aria wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
sfrank wrote:If Peter agrees to TB gig he loses all credibility IMO

Why? Rachel was the same as Peter - walls up, guarded, unable to let go to the process.
Did she lose credibility when she agreed to the Ette?

I have no horse in this race, but if he's the Bachelor, meh... not the first time someone who was initially skeptical of the process/a little stiff made it through their own season just fine.

No, because she said she would have 100% accepted a proposal from Nick. Nothing wrong with initial skepticism, but if you're signing on to be the lead of a show that moves too fast for your core principles? Don't see how that's the same thing.

And, I've always said that commitment-phobia is basically a prerequisite for a Bachelor , so I don't care, but I do think it makes him a hypocrite when he's writing captions about how he couldn't possibly say ILY after 3 months and saying that a proposal = marriage for him. Well, then, he better stick to those principles and not propose...and if he does propose, he better marry that girl. Somehow, I don't think either scenario will happen, but I'm always up for a shocker. IMO.

Additionally, I think there comes a point where you have to call it as it is. Rachel can make commitments. She is not a commitment phobe.
Peteiocre on the other hand, looks at relationships in hindsight and plays Monday morning quarterback, cries over it, wants to sacrifice for it, but of course it's not his fault. It's the process, not him. Cry me a river. :tissuebox

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Seabear wrote:I heard Peter say a jillion times that the timeline of the show was to fast for him to be able to make a proposal. His one and only absolutely getting married to this person proposal. He said he was not impulsive and needs a long time with a relationship to know if it is the one. How is Peter going to be able to get to a proposal and "sacrifice" his values/beliefs as he chooses from 30 women as he juggles multiple relationships in the emotionally charged bubble as the Bachelor?? His actions will show me if Peter was genuine with Rachel or a manipulative gameplayer.
JMO

I guess he can always pull a Juan Pablo, if the lightning doesn't strike. I wouldn't recommend it, but there's not much they can do if he keeps the ring in his pocket except run the bus over him several times. It might still be worth it though.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Peter is one smart dude, IMO.  In the couple of interviews I've seen since yesterday all she wanted was to be engaged.  I got the impression she didn't care who as long as she knew she was getting a ring.   I wonder if Peter got that vibe from her as well and made him even more cautious.  I sure know it would be off setting to me.

I've seen this show since Aaron's season and I can't remember someone being so over the top for having that ring.

Sure hope it works for her out in the real world. IMO Peter will be just fine and if he is he Bachelor, I will be watching. :yes:

thebachelorettefinale - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:59 am

@Brill Totally agree! Now Rachel is saying is she wants to take her time with Bryan uh hello that's exactly what Peter wanted to do hmmm dizzy

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

thebachelorettefinale - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 8367-910 thebachelorettefinale - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 I_got_13 thebachelorettefinale - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 E5kqdm15 thebachelorettefinale - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:03 am

Personally, I hope Peter won't be the Bachelor because the only thing that makes me still respect him is his integrity (so far). I know he gets a lot of stick here but I really found his struggles to be genuine. I agree with @Brill that Rach seemed to be really into getting the ring. Hopefully all of the involved parties made the right choices.
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejay25 Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:33 am

Not sure if this was posted somewhere.  Peter on GMA! And so it begins, laugh out loud. He looks great imo.

Last edited by bluejay25 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

bluejay25

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 am

bluejay25 wrote:Not sure if this was posted somewhere.  Peter on GMA! And so it begins, laugh out loud. He looks great imo.

When he was talking about the yearbook thing and his lack of experience with girls laugh out loud, He might've exaggerated his inexperience but I actually believe him overall. I mean, we all saw that buzzcut and the earring with that hideous goatee. Yikes. Luckily he glo-ed up  Hugesmile .

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 am

There's no chance in hell Peter would turn down the Bachelor gig, none of them would. Well maybe a select few in the past who'd already met someone in between, but the last few years they've all been jumping at the chance and even crying in the press when they didn't get it. If successful lawyer Rachel whose family clearly thinks she's nuts to be doing the show jumped at the chance, then I don't see how anyone would expect PT Peter to turn it down. If he did, I might have to actually place him on that pedestal people keep referring to. laugh out loud And that's why I thought it was silly how Rachel was IMO trying to set him up to be a hypocrite by getting him to agree the process is not for him. It seemed so transparent to me and looking at Peter's face, to him as well. As if anyone who wants to see more of him will care, they'll just be delighted to get what they want. Rachel may say she would've accepted a proposal from Nick, but all we saw was Nick having to draw out an "I'm falling in love with you" from her in the FS. I wondered if she'd be able to get there fast enough as the lead and clearly she did, so I don't see why Peter couldn't if the right person steps out of the limo. Same sh!t, different season. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:21 am

@mindless According to posts, Alex said in a podcast yesterday he has no interest in being the bachelor. My unicorn love grows.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 78 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 47 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

+100
Cila51290
Rachelsseason
tealeafs
starser
Kolormiblnd