SELECT CONTENT

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Page 44 of 78 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nfl - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 44 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:00 am

coolangel wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:As I bystander this season, I find it hard for the Peter Fans too. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions, however, I too read some snarky posts during the season, like "with all the obvious, I can't believe anyone will still think Peter is the F1", or some thing like "I can't believe there is still someone supporting Peter with his xxx behaviour".

I know I should hit the report button whenever I find some posts may have cross the line. But since I'm not invested this season, I just leave it. I'm not even a fan of Peter, but I too feel bad reading those.

Did you not read the posts directed towards Bryan early on in the season? No snark.. just curious. I can swap out the 'Peter' with 'Bryan' in the two statements above and I have read that version multiple times when the original foiler was still in place and some of us were speculating that Bryan is the F1. There was a lot of sleuthing which was done in PMs coz some Peter fans wouldn't stop attacking members who said they thought Bryan is F1 - me being one of them. It just wasn't worth it for me to do the back and forth when I just wanted to sleuth.

I had no horse in the race and honestly didn't care who won till halfway into the season when the excessive Bryan hate and Peter worship IMO pushed me into supporting and defending Bryan. I freely admit that I used the report button multiple times during that phase when one couldn't say anything remotely negative about Peter/Rachel without someone attacking them and calling them names. If I see a post attacking a member just for supporting Peter, I would hit the report button with no hesitation.

This is supposed to be for fun and sharing opinions IMO. I just wish people would stop taking the criticisms towards their favs personally and attacking others on their behalf. Peter, Bryan and Rachel are all living their best lives IMO. Let us not make our internet lives miserable by attacking each other for them IMO.

All JMO

I can honestly tell you, I didn't see the same happen to Bryan.
I may not have read enough posts this season, but from what I read, those were mostly negative comments about Bryan, not about Bryan's supporter. I know the hard work of the Mods, they probably has deleted most of those posts before I woke up (I'm in a completely different time zone). However, I seen from time to time that supporting Peter was questioned and snark. The posts were mean to snark other fellow members, not Peter himself. And honestly, I don't see any comments calling Bryan really bad names, but the hate and bad wish directed towards Peter in fact made me sad.

Back to top Go down

nfl - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 44 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by Dutchy23 Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 am

mindless wrote:
kerriway wrote:When anyone has a favorite anything it's not as much fun when others don't see what you see. I didn't like the Bryan bashing on other parts of SM so I know how you all feel. And I actually understand why some of you don't run to the Peter fan threads, I like a little gushing but prefer to read thoughtful observations so the Discussion and SM threads are my go to's.

Here is where I may disagree with y'all. There were several times I personally tried to invite thoughtful banter with Peter fans on this forum. I'd ask for examples of his deep affection towards Rachel, their connection etc and I didn't get any responses IIRC. I asked because you all seemed to see such good qualities in Peter that I wanted your POV.

I also remember mods and others sleuthing proof that Bryan was F1 and those members being told that the sleuthed info didn't mean Peter wasn't still the F1. When the response was then, 'OK, please provide sleuthed info that Peter is F1 then again it doesn't IMO appear as if there was a response/info provided.

I'm a noob on this forum and I don't want to come off as if I'm trying to tell anyone what to say but imo if more meaningful discussion on Peter was wanted it would have been great to have seen more posts that analyzed why the things Peter said/did showed his intentions towards Rachel. It would've been great to read, "yeah Peter shouldn't have done that but I think he meant this or maybe he'll improve" etc. On the contrary I saw more Bryan fans saying "I used to like Peter (which was also the case with me) but then I saw this" or Bryan fans saying "yeah his lines are cheesy" and even I said, "I didn't like the sloppy seconds" comment. But it does seem like there wasn't as much objective criticism of Peter's shortcomings, kind of like he was perfect imo.

I'd see breakdowns of Bryan/Rachel conversations, BL gifs, and theories on what it all meant in Bryan threads. I didn't see much of that hypothesizing and analysis to support Peters viability/good qualities in Peter threads IMO.

Again this is all JMO and I'm trying to be open and not critical or snarky. I concede that I may have missed posts where some of what I've said was lacking was mentioned, I just didn't see it.

I never thought Peter was for sure F1 (well maybe during the first episode, when there wasn't much to go by except the false spoiler), so I was never trying to prove he was F1, but I did defend his intentions quite a bit and I remember others did as well during the first half of the season. There were gifs and SC's provided to show tender moments with Rachel, but I think people just gave up after the hot tub sesh, because it seemed like everything was dismissed as not good enough. There they were literally on top of each other, Peter grabbing that azz and Rachel grinding on him, and it was still dismissed as awkward/scripted/Rachel doing all the work and basically just treated as further proof that Peter wasn't into her. It seemed like most remaining Peter fans just retreated into the fan thread after that, which I can understand, since it felt like it was already decided that Peter is borderline repulsed by Rachel and absolutely nothing would change that narrative. I'm not saying people can't express their opinions, but at some point it seemed to become a fact, no IMO needed, that Peter was always sitting miles away from Rachel and she had to ask him to kiss her. Even if it happened once or twice (not sitting miles apart, since they were always in the same room, usually on the same piece of furniture), it wasn't a rule, so reading it day after day stated as fact and "sleuthing proof" got a bit annoying for me as well, and I'm no "shipper". There's sleuthing, there are opinions and then there are exaggerations, and I wish there was less of the latter all around, regardless of who is being talked about. Expressing one's opinions in an extreme way does come off as needlessly provocative sometimes. I personally find it a bit weird how anyone can have extreme opinions one way or the other about people we've only seen mere minutes of on screen and have little to go by apart from that and SM. They're probably not nearly as good or bad as we think, just normal flawed people who sometimes do stupid things. Accusing them of having all kinds of mental issues and even disorders based on gut feelings is just baffling to me. It's not much different from the vitriol aimed at them on SM which we're all shaking our heads at over here. Just saying that a little self-moderation from everyone would go a long way in keeping blood pressures low on the forum IMHO. At the end of the day, we don't really know these people.

All JMOAA.

Thank you! That's exactly how I feel. As English is not my first language, I couldn't express what I meant before. Also being from a different country makes me probably see things from a different perspective.

nfl - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 44 Hollan11
Dutchy23
Dutchy23

Female Posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:23 am

peggy0221 wrote:
snipped
I can honestly tell you, I didn't see the same happen to Bryan.
I may not have read enough posts this season, but from what I read, those were mostly negative comments about Bryan, not about Bryan's supporter. I know the hard work of the Mods, they probably has deleted most of those posts before I woke up (I'm in a completely different time zone). However, I seen from time to time that supporting Peter was questioned and snark. The posts were mean to snark other fellow members, not Peter himself. And honestly, I don't see any comments calling Bryan really bad names, but the hate and bad wish directed towards Peter in fact made me sad.

Then IMO you missed a lot of negative posts against Bryan and Rachel if she were to choose Bryan.

Everyone is happy, lets move on. It's a new season. Time to sleuth and keep on top of Peter and his whereabouts for any clues that he may be the next bachelor.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:33 am

Honestly it was a whole bunch of bs the entire season and it's kinda f-ed up IMO to assign all the blame to one side as I've seen done. I can't see anyone else's pm's so I can't speak to any of that, but on the boards for all to see? It was virtually everyone. The only ones who weren't a part of it were the people not posting about Rachel's season at all. Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:44 am

I don't see anyone blame one side at all, but the discussion is happening in Peter's thread, because some feel there's too much negativity toward him in this thread, and there was and has been as much negativity toward many other contestants this season and in the past season toward many other contestants too. Bryan got A LOT before, there's no need to deny it. I don't get why we as members are trying to monitor other posters here, as far as I can see, the mods do that just fine. Imo it gets nasty only when posters start to get nasty toward other posters. The contestants should be fair game. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Murakamee Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:15 pm

If I were to spin this in the best light, Peter and Rachel are the Romeo and Juliet of this season. Passionate, star-crossed - never meant to be. Was it Romeo's ambition that ended them? Was it Juliet's desire for a proposal above all else? Who's to say. Was it the families of the respective two? The Montague Kraus's? The Capulet Lindsays? Families do complicate things. Could it have been the Kings and Queens of ABC and their court of network execs and slimey showrunners? They are cunning puppet masters - or - was it simply that Romeo's suave rival beat him fair and square for Juliet's affection? According to Juliet, yes.

Romeo and Juliet are over. One may never know the true reasons. But do they matter anymore? Lets come together in the desecrated wake of their romance and snark the next round of star-crossed lovers. The past is prologue to Romeo's new beginning.

(But I still don't like him).

#truce
Murakamee
Murakamee

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 pm

At this point, it is what it is.  Nothing is going to change what already happened or feelings from what occurred.  IMO, it's best to take note of things said, both good and bad, learn from it and move on.  Hopefully next season some of the same things that caused drama, melt downs, hurt feelings, etc., will not be repeated.  If they are, hopefully members and mods both can quickly handle the situation and move on.  We have lots of sleuthing to do regardless of who the lead turns out to be.  Contestants have been and will be fair game, for discussion, snark, etc., members here are not.  

GA has asked multiple times to move on.  The topic is Peter, not what members have or will say about Peter in posts all season or going forward. Please get back on topic, so the thread doesn't have to be locked.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:27 am

Brought over from R&b thread

teambigrach wrote:

Totally agree. Evan knows whats up/saw through the bullcrap.

nfl - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 44 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:30 pm

This better not be true...

http://people.com/tv/bachelorette-runner-up-peter-kraus-as-next-bachelor-never-gonna-happen-says-source/
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Just a quote from that article above:

“Peter is every Bachelor producer’s worst nightmare: the perfect guy who cannot be coerced into proposing at the end,” shares the insider. “The fact that no one could talk Peter into buckling under and just giving her the ring — and that he wouldn’t play along — absolutely enraged the higher-ups at the show. Including Fleiss, definitely. He is totally on their s— list forever, and there is no way they will reward him with a shot at The Bachelor. No way.”

The source adds, “Even if they weren’t so mad, his unwillingness to play by the rules of the game has them afraid he’d be another Brad Womack or, worse, Juan Pablo [Galavis]. Not gonna happen.”

This does not mean PETiocre won't get TB, just goes along with my thinking all along.
It could be why, IMO, he trolled around with sm post season prior to the ATFR.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Just a quote from that article above:

“Peter is every Bachelor producer’s worst nightmare: the perfect guy who cannot be coerced into proposing at the end,” shares the insider. “The fact that no one could talk Peter into buckling under and just giving her the ring — and that he wouldn’t play along — absolutely enraged the higher-ups at the show. Including Fleiss, definitely. He is totally on their s— list forever, and there is no way they will reward him with a shot at The Bachelor. No way.”

The source adds, “Even if they weren’t so mad, his unwillingness to play by the rules of the game has them afraid he’d be another Brad Womack or, worse, Juan Pablo [Galavis]. Not gonna happen.”

This does not mean PETiocre won't get TB, just goes along with my thinking all along.
It could be why, IMO, he trolled around with sm post season prior to the ATFR.

I don't get what you mean.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Hit me up in pm with what you mean.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 78 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

+100
Cila51290
Rachelsseason
tealeafs
starser
Kolormiblnd