SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

knowyourworth - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 71 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Fangirl26 Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 am

@aviej Here's the link to his IG story https://www.instagram.com/p/BaKp9prHV_a/?taken-by=thebryanabasolo
Fangirl26
Fangirl26

Back to top Go down

knowyourworth - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 71 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by coolangel Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:11 am

vacayeveryday wrote:I understand what you're saying but IMO I do think it's different because it comes from BET. Not to get personal, but I will. For me as a black person, I do find it more objectionable when the black media criticizes a black person versus the mainstream media because we may somehow believe that they have our backs and that they will be true & fair to their own. IMO I'm guessing that for Rachel it was more hurtful for her as well that BET was the mudslinger.

Thank you for your reply. That does provide more context as to why Rachel might have responded. Unfortunately, IMO at the end of the day, media - be it mainstream or black media cares more about their clicks/ads/revenue than they do about human emotions. It's good when they go to bat for you but don't be surprised if they don't IMO. I feel Rachel is still learning that lesson. As far as they are concerned, she is old news IMO. Their article was a feature on Eric. Protecting Rachel's feelings might not even have been an afterthought IMO.

Like I said earlier, It's kinda standard in this franchise when an article is written about someone as to how the person who rejected them made a grave mistake. Most articles (if not all) written about Rachel last season started with the context of how Nick is an idiot for not picking her and how America is lucky coz now they get her as the 'Ette. IMO Rachel is very lucky that no one from her season was chosen as the Bachelor coz then there would have been countless articles similar to this one about how she was an idiot to let Peter/Eric go and how America now got lucky with him as the Bachelor. laugh out loud

Personally, I feel Eric didn't get his due this season with the whole post-show being such a Rachel/Bryan/Peter extravaganza. He has a story of real triumph IMO coming from where he did and reaching where he has today. It was good to see some article which focused on him and made him the center story. I am disappointed that Rachel changed the tone of that article over a few lines which IMO weren't that bad and are a standard for such articles.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:00 am

T
coolangel wrote:
vacayeveryday wrote:I understand what you're saying but IMO I do think it's different because it comes from BET. Not to get personal, but I will. For me as a black person, I do find it more objectionable when the black media criticizes a black person versus the mainstream media because we may somehow believe that they have our backs and that they will be true & fair to their own. IMO I'm guessing that for Rachel it was more hurtful for her as well that BET was the mudslinger.

Thank you for your reply. That does provide more context as to why Rachel might have responded. Unfortunately, IMO at the end of the day, media - be it mainstream or black media cares more about their clicks/ads/revenue than they do about human emotions. It's good when they go to bat for you but don't be surprised if they don't IMO. I feel Rachel is still learning that lesson. As far as they are concerned, she is old news IMO. Their article was a feature on Eric. Protecting Rachel's feelings might not even have been an afterthought IMO.

Like I said earlier, It's kinda standard in this franchise when an article is written about someone as to how the person who rejected them made a grave mistake. Most articles (if not all) written about Rachel last season started with the context of how Nick is an idiot for not picking her and how America is lucky coz now they get her as the 'Ette. IMO Rachel is very lucky that no one from her season was chosen as the Bachelor coz then there would have been countless articles similar to this one about how she was an idiot to let Peter/Eric go and how America now got lucky with him as the Bachelor. laugh out loud

Personally, I feel Eric didn't get his due this season with the whole post-show being such a Rachel/Bryan/Peter extravaganza. He has a story of real triumph IMO coming from where he did and reaching where he has today. It was good to see some article which focused on him and made him the center story. I am disappointed that Rachel changed the tone of that article over a few lines which IMO weren't that bad and are a standard for such articles.

All JMO

@coolangel, with all due respect, Rachel and most educated black people know Eric is not remarkable, IMO. He's good looking, beautifully built, affable and positive but, when we tell stories of people who have emerged from adverse upbringings to make their mark on this world, he is not a poster child for that sentiment even in this vapid environment, IMO just as it is not remarkable that the daughter of a federal judge grew up to be an attorney.   

Rachel should not have responded in SM to that article, I agree. However, she is not a saint, IMO. She is a person who gave what IMO was a very tame and classy response that in no way shaded Eric the way he ambled off to shade her on numerous occasions in the press and everywhere they asked him to show his beautiful pearly whites and execute his shuffle, one more time for one more little audience - at Rachel and Bryan's expense. 

But, I digress. None of this is about Eric. Perhaps you don't see that or agree but, I submit to you IMO - this article would not even be discussed or worthy of note were it not for that one paragraph quite strategically and nastily referencing Rachel. This is not a new game. It's old and tawdry. IMO, the author's mission was accomplished. Clearly not everyone, but even Eric gets that now. All JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:51 am

Why is Rachel always supposed to let things go? Why? Why can't she speak back, when she's unfairly trashed? There was absolutely no need to trash Rachel in order to praise Eric, and that's what Rachel said. She didn't lash out or say something offensive, she just called the author out on their BS writing. Rachel has hardly ever said anything about anyone, until they have trashed herself or Bryan. But somehow she's just supposed to take it again and again, and never say anything back. I'm all for her responding, when she's unfairly bashed, and imo that's all she did, again.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:@coolangel, with all due respect, Rachel and most educated black people know Eric is not remarkable, IMO. He's good looking, beautifully built, affable and positive but, when we tell stories of people who have emerged from adverse upbringings to make their mark on this world, he is not a poster child for that sentiment even in this vapid environment, IMO just as it is not remarkable that the daughter of a federal judge grew up to be an attorney.   

Rachel should not have responded in SM to that article, I agree. However, she is not a saint, IMO. She is a person who gave what IMO was a very tame and classy response that in no way shaded Eric the way he ambled off to shade her on numerous occasions in the press and everywhere they asked him to show his beautiful pearly whites and execute his shuffle, one more time for one more little audience - at Rachel and Bryan's expense. 

But, I digress. None of this is about Eric. Perhaps you don't see that or agree but, I submit to you IMO - this article would not even be discussed or worthy of note were it not for that one paragraph quite strategically and nastily referencing Rachel. This is not a new game. It's old and tawdry. IMO, the author's mission was accomplished. Clearly not everyone, but even Eric gets that now. All JMO

For me, it's not a comparison as to who has overcome the most. Sure, Eric may not be the poster child of defying odds IMO but I found his story right up there with Josiah of people who could have easily gone a far worse route but overcame it and made something of themselves. Everyone's struggle is different IMO and I respect every single person who refuses to be a victim of circumstances no matter how big or small their struggle is in other's eyes.

I disagree that the article wouldn't be worthy of note if it wasn't for Rachel's mention. In a way you are proving the writer's viewpoint IMO if an entire feature on the first black male F3 ever in this franchise isn't even worthy of being noted. Sure, not everyone would be talking about it like they are now but I think his followers would have read it once Eric shared it on his SM. And if people found it interesting, it would be shared on forums IMO. Eric doesn't inspire huge discussions coz he is not a polarizing figure IMO. Maybe the writer was on a mission, maybe not. Either way, Rachel gave the writer a lot of clicks IMO so apart from crazy SM fans attacking her for stating her opinion no matter how controversial it is, she wins this round.

I don't have a problem with Rachel responding - it's her life, her choice but then she shouldn't be surprised or upset when the cycle of negativity surrounding her and her relationship doesn't die down.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:07 pm

I don't think Rachel's tweets took away from the article about Eric. Rachel even said, (paraphrasing) the part of the article dragging her took away from the positivity that is Eric. And IMO she's right. Why couldn't BET just praise Eric, or praise them both? Rachel's final choice on her season has nothing to do with how great Eric is. IMO the article was poorly written and had no central focus. I felt like the writer didn't even watch the season but based her opinion off of bits and pieces of things she found online. Did she even see the break up between Eric and Rachel? IMO the way they were with each other on the finale and ATFR showed that she saw Eric was a great guy, just not "the one" for her. I'm not sure why some people, including this BET "journalist" can't see that she chose who she wanted, not who everyone else thought she should want.

All JMO.
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Change the subject...
Bryan just posted how to do and the benefits of plank. He posted a receipt of acai bowl a couple of days ago. Is he going to change career? Or combine chiropractic, exercise and nutrition together? Is that different from personal trainers?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:35 pm

@sdmom, I was just thinking along the lines of a -----homeopathic or naturopathic practice? Cali will likely be ripe for that kind of total natural care place.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:54 pm

coolangel wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:@coolangel, with all due respect, Rachel and most educated black people know Eric is not remarkable, IMO. He's good looking, beautifully built, affable and positive but, when we tell stories of people who have emerged from adverse upbringings to make their mark on this world, he is not a poster child for that sentiment even in this vapid environment, IMO just as it is not remarkable that the daughter of a federal judge grew up to be an attorney.   

For me, it's not a comparison as to who has overcome the most. Sure, Eric may not be the poster child of defying odds IMO but I found his story right up there with Josiah of people who could have easily gone a far worse route but overcame it and made something of themselves. Everyone's struggle is different IMO and I respect every single person who refuses to be a victim of circumstances no matter how big or small their struggle is in other's eyes.

I disagree that the article wouldn't be worthy of note if it wasn't for Rachel's mention. In a way you are proving the writer's viewpoint IMO if an entire feature on the first black male F3 ever in this franchise isn't even worthy of being noted. Sure, not everyone would be talking about it like they are now but I think his followers would have read it once Eric shared it on his SM. And if people found it interesting, it would be shared on forums IMO. Eric doesn't inspire huge discussions coz he is not a polarizing figure IMO. Maybe the writer was on a mission, maybe not. Either way, Rachel gave the writer a lot of clicks IMO so apart from crazy SM fans attacking her for stating her opinion no matter how controversial it is, she wins this round.

I don't have a problem with Rachel responding - it's her life, her choice but then she shouldn't be surprised or upset when the cycle of negativity surrounding her and her relationship doesn't die down.

All JMO

IMO, Rachel, You and I are actually all saying the same thing - that paragraph made the article about something other than Eric, the negativity of it was a detractor and a distraction from his current message. My further point is - he got exactly what he deserved because the author's message is a more venomous version of the one he made his 15 minutes about. IMO and from my observation, that negative message about Rachel and Bryan was the launchpad that brought him more attention than the dozen plus others who resisted that temptation to use a Rachel and Bryan relationship analysis as their platform.
IMO, there is no way to compare Eric's affability to Josiah's accomplishments, period.
As I said before, I agree that Rachel should have resisted the bait and clearly, the author wins. All JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Kolormiblnd wrote:@sdmom, I was just thinking along the lines of a -----homeopathic or naturopathic practice? Cali will likely be ripe for that kind of total natural care place.

I think we're getting warm.... lolpanda

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by vacayeveryday Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Kolormiblnd wrote:@sdmom, I was just thinking along the lines of a -----homeopathic or naturopathic practice? Cali will likely be ripe for that kind of total natural care place.

I can totally see the Dr. Abs clinic now!

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:29 pm

vacayeveryday wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:
I can totally see the Dr. Abs clinic now!

Let us not forget about the prior experience selling weight loss tea!!!! laugh out loud  Dr Abs has the experience, the education and with Rachel by his side, to do this in Cali - tastefully. IMO

Last edited by Kolormiblnd on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday