SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 18 of 77 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 47 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm

I really hope that is the case but I don't recall either Matty or Richie being this hesitant especially so soon to when filming starts. Maybe there are some things in the contract that aren't yet finalized that are making Cam wary. He mentioned his family as well and given they've never been on TV (no HTD) it could be his family are unsure.

Gosh, my emotions are up and down this week. First so excited and now not even sure laugh out loud On one hand I will understand if Cam turns it down (it's really his to lose imo) but on the other hand I really want him to do it so I can sleuth and watch his journey PINKHEART
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:25 pm

In understand why you're being guarded @AllAboutLove but I'm still thinking it will be Cam.  Matty's comments are the biggest hint for me.  

If not, holy cow who on earth are they going to dredge up at this late hour?  Apollo?  A new guy?  The barista from the Ch 10 lunchroom?

WHO?! Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 3806527698

ETA:  It's times like this I really wish they filmed a behind the scenes reality show of this franchise so we get to see what REALLY goes on.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:33 pm

I noticed that DM article mentioned Apollo briefly. Since it's unknown what's going on with him atm it's possible he could be their last resort if Cam backs out.

IA about Matty going to the media and talking about Cam as the next bachelor. Definitely seems like something TPTB would want Matty to do especially since he is contracted still with TEN and who better to pass the baton. If not, then it could be TEN getting Matty to try to convince Cam if he is still hesitant.

All this last minute doubt seems familiar and definitely me not trying to be too disappointed if it's not Cam but I still think it has to be him.  It HAS to be Cam laugh out loud
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:43 pm

The DT must have improved their paywall; I'm having trouble getting around it.  Only got the first paragraph of the Confidential article which reads:

FORMER The Bachelorette contestant Cam Cranley has weighed in on rumours that he's signed on to become the next Bachelor. The 28-year-old firefighter from Perth, who appeared on Georgia Love's season, told Confidential he had “heard the rumours” but at this stage was “not contracted”. “There were ...

Note he says "not contracted".  That does not suggest to me "I am not doing it".  It just suggests he hasn't signed anything... yet, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:38 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Bobette wrote:Was it ever confirmed that Kyle was going to be co-Lead though?  I thought it was more of a wing man part - not sure how that would work but I didn't get the impression they'd be competing for women and I agree that is not something Cam would do.

More quotes from the DM article:

Cam also revealed he turned down a chance to join Bachelor In Paradise saying he thought his chances of finding love were slim.
Proving he's a true romantic he said the concept of the show was not his cup of tea.
'It's everyone on an island getting drunk and hooking up, but for me, I didn't want to take the piss.'

That sounds like a Bach Lead talking, IMO.  He's setting himself apart from the rabble.  He saying there's "no guarantee" you'll come out the same person (i.e. he can then say later that upon reflection, love is a risk worth taking")

And I keep coming back to Matty J's comments - Matty who now WORKS for Ch 10, and is a friend of Cam's.  I can't see him saying all that if he didn't know.  I think it's all part of a very long marketing campaign.

Way back when on Jesse Palmer was the bachelor, one of the competitors was his friend and acted as a "spy",  I don't mind the lead having someone besides TPTB to talk to and get perspective.

I remember that! I really liked that concept. I wish they had done it again. Maybe his brother could hang out with the women when Cam was on dates and see who gets drunk, doesn't get along with the group, is different on camera, etc. It would be the same theory of them getting used to having him around....like they get used to the cameras. And if someone ends up showing more interest in the brother...who knows what could happen.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:43 pm

Bobette wrote:The DT must have improved their paywall; I'm having trouble getting around it.  Only got the first paragraph of the Confidential article which reads:

FORMER The Bachelorette contestant Cam Cranley has weighed in on rumours that he's signed on to become the next Bachelor. The 28-year-old firefighter from Perth, who appeared on Georgia Love's season, told Confidential he had “heard the rumours” but at this stage was “not contracted”. “There were ...

Note he says "not contracted".  That does not suggest to me "I am not doing it".  It just suggests he hasn't signed anything... yet, IMO.

That's what I'm thinking, that Cam is not convinced about the contract or he is still negotiating terms. I can't blame Cam if he is hesitant especially how they've changed this show in recent years. 

Still, I can't say I will be excited to watch if the lead is someone other than Cam sad
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:50 pm

Cam or riot, for sure.  laugh out loud

@Sprite, I really like your take on things - I'd enjoy it if things panned out that way too.

The other thing is, wouldn't they have cast the girls by now?  So if it's someone other than Cam, will that person get "Cam's girls"????  What happens if the new guy has completely different criteria/preferences? Or do they only really cast one "wifey"?
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:01 pm

The cast is usually cast regardless of the lead and for the storyboard of the show. Maybe one or two cast for 'wife' material but most of them are for making TV (whether it's "good" TV is debateable laugh out loud )
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:08 pm

Bobette wrote:Cam or riot, for sure.  laugh out loud

@Sprite, I really like your take on things - I'd enjoy it if things panned out that way too.

The other thing is, wouldn't they have cast the girls by now?  So if it's someone other than Cam, will that person get "Cam's girls"????  What happens if the new guy has completely different criteria/preferences? Or do they only really cast one "wifey"?

I don't know how the Aussie or other international shows work, but I know for the US version they often have 50 on the go till almost just before filming.  So if someone is sick or bails at the last minute or refuses to play the role scripted, they can replace them. If they switched bachelors at the last minute, they can probably pull someone from that group. They still keep the ones they may have cast for certain roles...future bette, villainess, drunk, etc...but switch the ones who may be a match. Sometimes they have also added extra people so the lead has a bigger pool to pick from or did a last minute casting for the newest lead.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Oh to be a fly on the wall at Channel 10 right now.  If Cam's genuinely not locked in, it must be chaos.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 pm

Contestants on both past seasons (Richie and Matty) said they were cast for the bachelors from previous seasons and got on the next year. So the casting producers have a list of names and cast accordingly each year. One contestant may not make the cast this year but may make the cast list next year. I do think producers look at potential matches but the majority of the cast are for BIP and drama. 

As for who the lead is, if Cam turns it down I don't know what TEN is going to do. Comments on SM for Cam being the Bachelor have been overwhelmingly positive and he definitely has the fanbase and support with alumni from the show (two leads, Matty and GL and other contestants as well). TEN would be crazy to not give him whatever he wants. The better do whatever they can to lock him down asap!! laugh out loud
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Bobette wrote:
I have been able to get full text of Confidential articles in the past - can't remember exactly how - but even the title of the original article is more promising:  "Is this former Bachelorette star the next Bachelor?".  I'll see what I can find...

Still trying to find the full text of the original article but this is interesting: DT have changed the title of the original article to:
"The Bachelor: Will Cam Cranley be the next suitor looking for love?"

Hmmmm....... scratch
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 77 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 47 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
Loulou
Katiebelle
ThankMeLater
Idlemess
Norcalgal