SELECT CONTENT

Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:20 pm

She is B n B!

Back to top Go down

Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Maddy Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:49 am

Sharleen wrote:JACQUELINE'S DEPARTURE

Later that same evening, in easily the most déja-vu inducing segment I've ever seen since I was on the show, Jacqueline peaces out. So much about this felt familiar to me, from her obviously planned, seed-planting Girl Chat about having "doubts" (in Jacqueline's case, with Kendall; mine was with Renée), to her teary ITMs, to her visit to Arie's hotel suite after his first 1-on-1 of Week 7 (this was the exact time I left as well). I think I've mentioned before how carefully planned one's departure is, giving me the impression that Jacqueline likely was already considering leaving before her Week 6 1-on-1 date. I also believe her when she said she was NOT expecting to develop real feelings and was caught really off guard by them.

At any rate, I felt bad for her as I know exactly how she was feeling. Even though I knew it wasn't quite right, part of me still wished things might have been different, that maybe the timing were different, or that it was a different guy so I could feel all the feelings I was supposed to feel and just be able to experience that. Part of you wants to see it through, to see what happens.

What Arie said right at the end of this segment really stood out to me...
Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 2 Screen+Shot+2018-02-14+at+6.59.39+PM
This is the one moment all season where I questioned Arie's sincerity. It's not that I doubt he cared about Jacqueline, and I think the above sentiment is very kind, but it's not exactly productive or conducive to him whittling down his options. I think we can all agree that Jacqueline probably wasn't going to win the season (we basically didn't see one second of her from Episodes 2 through 5). Also, based on the former leads I've spoken to, it's almost a 0% chance that in Week 7, he doesn't know who his final 2 women are, or AT LEAST his final 3. I just have to wonder, if Jacqueline took Arie up on the above sentence and DID feel regret and DID return, would her return really be worth it?

A lot has changed about this show in 4 years in that there now seems to be no issue with showing how close the women become with one another...
Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 2 Gif3
I distinctly remember that while my season was airing, when Kelly, my closest friend and confidante in the house, was sent home in Episode 5, I lost it and began bawling. I got a TON of flak online, along the snarky lines of, "Doesn't Sharleen know this is a competition?", as though all women should rejoice when other women are sent home, period. As though, since you're all living together 24/7, you don't become far closer with each other than with the guy you're all dating. To me, that perspective always felt very gullible and old-fashioned Bachelor, where viewers actually believed every woman was on that show because they were desperate for love and that they perceived their housemates as nothing more than competition. Times sure have changed; we all know from social media that the friendships forged on each season are likely to last far longer than the final couple does. In my opinion, clips like the above demonstrate how this show is evolving to keep up with its constantly wising-up audience.
http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelor22/episode7
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:21 am

Maddy wrote:
Sharleen wrote:JACQUELINE'S DEPARTURE

I distinctly remember that while my season was airing, when Kelly, my closest friend and confidante in the house, was sent home in Episode 5, I lost it and began bawling. I got a TON of flak online, along the snarky lines of, "Doesn't Sharleen know this is a competition?", as though all women should rejoice when other women are sent home, period. As though, since you're all living together 24/7, you don't become far closer with each other than with the guy you're all dating. To me, that perspective always felt very gullible and old-fashioned Bachelor, where viewers actually believed every woman was on that show because they were desperate for love and that they perceived their housemates as nothing more than competition. Times sure have changed; we all know from social media that the friendships forged on each season are likely to last far longer than the final couple does. In my opinion, clips like the above demonstrate how this show is evolving to keep up with its constantly wising-up audience.
http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelor22/episode7

True dat Shar yes

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:05 pm

from Michael’s IG highlights 
Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 2 66deb510
Source

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Jacqueline starting to shill and makes no excuse. She says it’s not easy to be in research and live paycheck to paycheck in NYC. Plus, she truly likes the product .
(Read at reddit)

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm not going to bother posting the person's post who she's responding to, it's basically their opinion of a trashy reality tv show and  since apparently PhD programs give large stipends, in his opinion, she didn't need to go on it and it's unnecessary to shill.

trumbullina @johnjohnson992 stipends are typically in the 16-25k/year range, which, especially in NYC, is about enough to live in the Bronx (maybe) and eat ramen packets twice a day. I also am not aware of too many people who would forego extra income for relatively low effort, particularly for products that are high quality and they genuinely use and enjoy. Going on The Bachelor was the learning experience of a lifetime, particularly with regards to psychology. Life is multifaceted, and one can enjoy many adventures and opportunities. A PHD and reality tv are not, to my knowledge (or to the knowledge of any of the many psychologists and professors who advised me), mutually exclusive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfykFjRBfYz/?hl=en&taken-by=trumbullina

I think she's gorgeous.

Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 2 28434900_157664791615885_4402101363958349824_n

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 pm

That stipend would not be enough for a homeless person to live off in NYC. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Kashathediva wrote:That stipend would not be enough for a homeless person to live off in NYC. JMO
At least in the natural sciences, some of the NYC schools had grad student/postdoctoral/resident housing. Still not cheap, but less awful. Most post docs I know in NYC or Boston have at least one roommate, if not more.

Not sure about where Jacqueline is. When you receive a stipend you usually agree to not have other employment. I knew a few who still did it. One university did bill a graduate student their back tuition when they found out about the other job. The $100K plus tuition bill wasn’t worth the extra money.

At least half of graduate students with stipends still end up taking out student loans to live.

As a more recent PhD grad, I have no problem with her schilling, I just hope it doesn’t get her into problems with her program.

All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:40 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:That stipend would not be enough for a homeless person to live off in NYC. JMO
At least in the natural sciences, some of the NYC schools had grad student/postdoctoral/resident housing. Still not cheap, but less awful. Most post docs I know in NYC or Boston have at least one roommate, if not more.

Not sure about where Jacqueline is. When you receive a stipend you usually agree to not have other employment. I knew a few who still did it. One university did bill a graduate student their back tuition when they found out about the other job. The $100K plus tuition bill wasn’t worth the extra money.

At least half of graduate students with stipends still end up taking out student loans to live.

As a more recent PhD grad, I have no problem with her schilling, I just hope it doesn’t get her into problems with her program.

All JMO.

I received a stipend in my doctoral program in psychology and it did not preclude my generating income elsewhere. In fact, I administered many of the pre-graduate tests such as the GRE, MCAT, etc with the blessing of my program. Of course, the fact that those were the days when those tests were still administered with paper and pencil rather than computerized gives it away that there is nothing recent about when I was in grad school.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 am

docnash14 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

All JMO.

I received a stipend in my doctoral program in psychology and it did not preclude my generating income elsewhere.  In fact, I administered many of the pre-graduate tests such as the GRE, MCAT, etc with the blessing of my program.  Of course, the fact that those were the days when those tests were still administered with paper and pencil rather than computerized gives it away that there is nothing recent about when I was in grad school.

Docnash,

I love reading your posts and perspective. I don't need to tell you that the bachelor evokes all kinds of emotions and passion so to hear a more of a clinical approach to what is going on is much appreciated.

Sometimes I feel no matter how many IQ points or how brilliant opinions one has it still a show that brings up the passions and emotions of relationships and what being "in love" means which seems to be experiential and not from wisdom or opinion.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm

& we all needed to know all this because?? https://www.instagram.com/p/BgmF5jtBa0W/. Idk about anyone else but if I posted some poop like this EVERYONE in my contact list would be hitting me up to clown me for posting it laugh out loud

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:54 pm

I don't know what it is about her, but she just annoys me SO much. Always trying to sound deeper, more sophisticated, more intellectual, etc. than she really is. Just be like "ugh, I got dumped. It sucked" instead of trying to feed us some fake inspiration sh*t. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jacqueline Trumbull - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+16
TheWrongReasons
Aria
ReneeM
littlereddress
docnash14