SELECT CONTENT

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Page 16 of 38 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun May 20, 2018 10:17 am

I kept flashing back to a Handmaidens Tale. I could not understand why the dress was so ill fitting. One commentator mentioned how Kate’s dress style did not do well with copied sales and expected this not to do better.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am

Kashathediva wrote:I kept flashing back to a Handmaidens Tale.  I could not understand why the dress was so ill fitting. One commentator mentioned how Kate’s dress style did not do well with copied sales and expected this not to do better.

I watched TLC last night and they had Hayley Paige on and she said that the fabric of the dress is difficult to work with and why she thinks it was ill fitting in spots....particularly the arms where it was bunching. They all agreed it didn't fit well. They were split about half and half on the dress itself. Some loved the simplicity, but others thought that it was too simple. Lori Allen from Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta said it best for me, basically saying it was missing something. No surprise, Hayley who is known for her embelished dresses thought it was too bare.

It was interesting because they had each of the guests....Lori, Monte, Paige, Randy and some other guy whose name I forget...pic a dress before the wedding they thought that Meghan would wear and then compare to the dress she actually picked. Randy was naturally promoting his line, but the rest of the pics were interesting. Monte got it very close. They all said that based on the gown Meghan picked for the engagement photos, they were expecting something more dramatic and embelished, but think she played it really safe because she was divorced and didn't want to rock the boat with the royals. Everyone agreed that it was the train that made the dress.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun May 20, 2018 11:51 am

To me, Kate and Meghan picked something that suited them plus would fit in a wedding of an heir to the Crown. There are a lot of traditions and flashy wouldn't do in that situation, imo. I'm not saying that I'd have picked either of them but I do think they looked perfect for their weddings and are timeless.  I wish I could say the same for mine.  giggling

I loved some of the guest's dresses and others not so much. These are my favorites along with Amal Clooney and Meghan's mom, Doria.

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 Gina-Torres-in-red-dress-at-Royal-Wedding-2018-1348835
Source

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 Jacinda-Barrett-In-Roksanda-Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markles-Royal-Wedding
Source

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 TELEMMGLPICT000164013407_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqrv0V_FisOk5p9X7VE7l6wDgHB7jdH9skxlY5G65GBog
Source

Abbigail Spencer would get my worst dressed. It's like she borrowed an outfit from her Timeless wardrobe.
Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 _101644055_fashion-comp-image
source

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun May 20, 2018 12:18 pm

@albean99

Amal Clooney was their and my favourite. This was the other outfit that all the designers on TLC liked last night. This is Kitty Spencer a model and one of the late Princess Diana's nieces. They thought that the colour was great for a spring wedding and that she looked very elegant.

http://www.chatelaine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/lady-kitty-spencer-green-dress-meghan-markle-prince-harry-wedding.jpeg

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 Lady-k11

Not surprisingly the one they unanimously hated ... and I have to agree with them ... was Victoria Beckham. They all said it looked like she just came to the wedding after going to a funeral. The fact that she has that stone look on her face all the time was really the killer. She always looks so miserable. Technically the dress was navy, but it was very dark and appeared almost black which is a no no at a wedding, but if she had just smiled she could have gotten away with it.

https://www.eonline.com/news/936860/victoria-beckham-turns-heads-in-navy-dress-at-royal-wedding-alongside-david-beckham

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 Rs_63410

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun May 20, 2018 12:40 pm

@Sprite I forgot about Victoria Beckham. Someone on tv commented yesterday that it seemed better suited for a funeral (minus the shoes). It didn't help that she looked so grim.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by ddsmom17 Sun May 20, 2018 12:50 pm

A beautiful wedding! I'm glad it went smoothly with no more family drama. The dress was simple and elegant. I liked her reception dress better.

The cake was lovely. I was wondering how that little cake was going to feed 600 people then I read they didn't even get to eat it at the reception. Why?! They will be mailed a slice of cake. Has that ever been done before?
ddsmom17
ddsmom17

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun May 20, 2018 1:17 pm

While the dress was simple, I thought it showcased the veil, which was stunning. I loved the cellist playing Ave Maria at the ceremony! More on the family of musicians that he comes from:
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/the-kanneh-masons-the-family-that-plays-together/

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun May 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Man Victoria Beckham is a creature of habit. She wore navy to Will & Kate’s wedding too.

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 87b72b10 Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 86669110 Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 pm

For her six BFFs, as well as new sister-in-law Kate Middleton, Meghan commissioned a special gift to be worn at her wedding to Prince Harry "to take as a memento from this time and this occasion": a custom gold disc bracelet called "The Kensington" by Zofia Day, which is currently available online for $450.
https://www.eonline.com/ca/news/937203/meghan-markle-commissioned-the-perfect-royal-wedding-gift-for-her-best-friends
Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 Rs_1024x759-180519114405-1024.royal-wedding-bracelet.ct.051918

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 pm

I was looking to see if I could find any pics of the Clooney's going to the reception (for fashion) but found these.

One of Meghan Markel’s closest friends, Indian actress Priyanka Chopra
Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 4fbd921bd0c22590200edb9b652efb01?width=316

Jessica Mulroney, another of Meghan Markle’s best pals

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 038b12074d56038b8621e6deacc494c7?width=316
(Ben's not that short, I think he was standing on the step below)

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/royal-weddings/royal-wedding-celebrities-reception-outfits-revealed/news-story/482146d662a5df26fff689ee94f03c54

serenawilliams

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 16 31754730_1818698741766186_6754077596150923264_n

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi9-zbYlhpl/?hl=en&taken-by=serenawilliams

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun May 20, 2018 3:06 pm

I was unimpressed with Priyanka's first outfit but that 2nd dress? She was killing it seeing hearts .

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sun May 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Victoria Beckham always has a RBF. laugh out loud laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 38 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

+44
chasus71
terrypat