SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by happygolucky Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:18 pm

IA entirely with @AllAboutLove TPTB promotion of Ben is nauseating to me, his own "plea" to be "liked" ... when he is still branded as the most likeable bachelor/lead (and hasn't experienced harsh scrutiny and criticism like some others before and after him) ... feels greedy ... yet he keeps selling how humbling this whole experience has been ... and people buy his BS ... and I feel sorry for this world and where it's spinning.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by stuckinsc Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:23 pm

I bought Ben's schtick about wanting a wife/girl friend to go back to Colorado and be with him. I didn't see this as who Lauren was.  Turns out that wasn't who Lauren was, but that wasn't who Ben was either.  

Ben craves the spotlight, hence the multiple tv shows and the podcast.  

He is still a good guy who does a lot of great charity work, but he is a fameho like the rest. If he would portray himself as that and want to find a women to do that with him great. The fact that he lied that he has not moved on from Lauren when he has in fact been hooking up with Lindsey Duke and introducing her to his friends. That to me says that Ben will present a fake front as bachelor too. JMO.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:28 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:For the past 4 years Ben has done "Bette", "Bach", "HEA", "Winter Games", and has his own podcast "Almost Famous with Ben and Ashley" (plus his personal MW blog) where he talks about this show. 

Yet Ben has done interviews where he says he's moved on from this show and even passed judgment on other contestants regarding this show even though he's out here currently finishing up his 4th show, writing about it on his blog, and has his own Bach related podcast - none of which indicates moving on or him being better than any other contestant Suspect  

It's Ben's hypocrisy I can't stand along with his victim "woe is me" mentality. He acts like he's been so mistreated by viewers and crying about it when literally Ben is the only contestant who can be on this many shows, failed at his relationship, go on BWG with zero interest in the women, and STILL have viewers and Media writing about how they want him to be the Bachelor again dizzy

It's honestly mind-boggling how self-absorbed Ben is. He acts like he is so above everyone else with his fake-humbleness and sanctimoniousness, even using Lauren to gain sympathy on WG when Ben was the one to say two ILYs (and doubled-down on that post- show) as well as humiliated Lauren on HEA by breaking off the wedding. Yet Ben cries "woe is me"  no no

All of this has showed me Ben is all about MeBen. No doubt in my mind Ben would jump at the chance to be the Bachelor again and he'll get pass after pass because "Poor Ben"  Rolling Eyes  jmo

Bolded is why he will struggle in politics (if he still wants to pursue that). Ben isn't self-aware enough to realize just how bad those optics were and how that affects the public's perception of him. For someone who is soooooo concerned about what others think and say about him (not so much about his fiancé though), he really is clueless about how it all works.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:30 pm

My issue with Ben is not about him being on TV or having a camera addiction. It's his life he can do what he wants. It's Ben's hypocrisy where he acts like he's better than others that is the issue. Where he acts like he's been WRONGED somehow and calling out viewers and using Lauren for sympathy. Others have had so much hate for years but Ben still complains and cries "woe is me". It's pathetic. I also don't believe these shows have changed Ben so much as revealed who he is. Ben's whole "I'm broken, woe is me" shtick he used before he was ever the Bachelor. It's BS imo and while Ben hides it better than other contestants, he's worse in many ways because at least with them what one sees is what one gets. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:00 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:My issue with Ben is not about him being on TV or having a camera addiction. It's his life he can do what he wants. It's Ben's hypocrisy where he acts like he's better than others that is the issue. Where he acts like he's been WRONGED somehow and calling out viewers and using Lauren for sympathy. Others have had so much hate for years but Ben still complains and cries "woe is me". It's pathetic. I also don't believe these shows have changed Ben so much as revealed who he is. Ben's whole "I'm broken, woe is me" shtick he used before he was ever the Bachelor. It's BS imo and while Ben hides it better than other contestants, he's worse in many ways because at least with them what one sees is what one gets. jmo

Is there a way for me to just automatically like all your posts? Spot on. Favorite line: I also don't believe these shows have changed Ben so much as revealed who he is.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirouette Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:The show tweeted calling Ben "the hero of Bachelor Nation" so I don't see them making Ben fall down a peg. As with audiences, even with Ben being on 4 shows (excluding the non-bach related ones) this week alone I've seen more tweets of sympathy for Ben, articles/calls for him to be the next bachelor, increased SM following, and SM comments about how Lauren was the problem not him - so no matter what he does, Ben has benefited and isn't being taken down a peg. 

I honestly think if Ben was lead again he'd get another pass. Ben is CH's golden boy and they've made a ton of excuses for him and the viewers buy it. Subliminal marketing 101, tell an audience what to think and they will think it. I just don't buy anything Ben is selling no matter how many times they tweet he is a hero  dizzy

Great post!
I can’t stand his preferential treatment and all the passes he’s getting.
He’s no better than the other bachelors IMO but labeled as the king of all. I don’t get it.
Is it because he’s the best at brown nosing ?
Pirouette
Pirouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:49 pm

I'm sure Ben is a nice person in real life, bless his heart, but please keep him off my screen. Enough already. I didn't enjoy him in his first go round.

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:05 am

I’ve listened to several podcasts that covered WG. None of them have Bach alumni as hosts. 
Unlike my opinion (so-so) they all think Ben is very likeable and enjoyed him on the show. 
question  I don’t get it but apparently he has maintained his appeal.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:43 am

@notarose Kaitlyn has talked about WG that she didn't watch but wouldn't be surprised if Ben was the Bachelor again.

I also hope he's not but unless there is a fan favorite guy in the next 'ette season, he probably will be it again. no no

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 9 8367-910 Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 9 I_got_13 Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 9 E5kqdm15 Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 9 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:59 am

Linds911 wrote:@notarose Kaitlyn has talked about WG that she didn't watch but wouldn't be surprised if Ben was the Bachelor again.

I also hope he's not but unless there is a fan favorite guy in the next 'ette season, he probably will be it again. no no
 I think the possibility exist. 
I didn’t watch Brad’s first season but liked him well enough on his 2nd. Since tptb touted going back to old formulas this Bach season, I could see a repeat Bach fitting that pattern. Ben certainly is being promoted for something.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:42 pm

https://www.bustle.com/p/will-ben-be-the-next-bachelor-apparently-he-couldve-had-the-gig-this-time-if-he-wanted-it-8328725/amp

According to Ashley, he was offered to be the bachelor this year. She thinks he will do it two seasons from now.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Maybe the show will get cancelled before his stint. hehehe

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+61
Tiggerlgh
veg_out
ule101
lipsis
HavaDrPepper