SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 25 of 81 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 53 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by jen689 Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Diana wrote:lauren is clearly okay with this behavior or is in la la land I don't know what is worse Rolling Eyes
JMO
That’s what perplexes me. In spite of his shady past and the fact she wasn’t initially chosen as F1 she tells him on camera she was secretly hoping he would come back to her YIKES JMO

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Minney Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:40 pm

ReneeM wrote:This explains so much because I did feel she was defensive on his behalf in all the interviews that happened at WTA
BM: She begged him ten times to go! That was the tipping point for me.
KL: Because you were defending him initially, Bekah.
BM: I love Becca and was sad that happened to her, but I was actually siding more with Arie until I saw that. I really was. At the Women Tell All taping it was nice to talk to him and I thought, You know, he changed his mind. Matters of the heart happen, not a huge deal. But then I saw the footage. The choices he made were inexcusable. I know those types of men who stand there after a break-up and are like, Wait baby, but are you okay? Give me assurance this is fine! Make me feel better about myself!  
Seeing the footage changed her opinion of him. Knowing what I know of Arie, I think he probably did some Olivia Pope type spin to justify his actions to Lauren & it's why I feel certain he was definitely the one who manipulated her into not watching the ATFR (even though I doubt she'd care because she doesn't seem to care about others much imo)

Also another interesting tidbit. She confirms he was dm-ing multiple contestants. Making sure he's got a backup to his backup imo. Also TEA at the fact that Lauren doesn't like Bekah laugh out loud. So not only was he dm-ing contestants but also the ones that he knows or at least showld know Lauren doesn't like?
BM: It’s like, when your best friend is dumped by a dude, aren’t you going to be like, He’s garbage? Even if it’s not always justified, you do it because you have your girl’s back. Also, don’t DM your ex! It’s inappropriate, especially given the fact he got back with Lauren through DMs. And I wasn’t the only contestant he was DMing while the show was airing. It wasn’t just me and Lauren, there were other women as well. C’mon, dude.You’re 36, you know better. You’re not oblivious and you know how relationships work.
KL: The fact that he switched to Lauren and was still talking to other girls, it’s not great.
BM: And at the time he DMed me, it was close to the episode when I got sent home. It was us passionately making out and discussing our relationship. And this is the time when you’re like, Thinking of you, hope you’re doing well! I guarantee Lauren didn’t know he was messaging me. Lauren doesn’t like me.
KL: Well, especially not now.
BM: Especially not now, and I’m sure he doesn’t like me, either.

To your knowledge, has Arie maintained relationships with any of the women after the season ended? Like, cordial relationships?
KL: I don’t want to name the other girls he’s talking to. I don’t know if they’re continuing talking to him now, but before there were some.
BM: I had a cordial relationship. I messaged him when he and Becca got engaged and I told Becca I was going to do that.
KL: I made it a point not to talk to him, because making it to a certain point in the show, it might be a little bit weird if I did. But now, I don’t think I would have a problem being friends with him. I don’t wish him ill-will. Once you care about someone and see a potential love with somebody, it’s hard to feel bad in some ways.
BM: Watching everything back, I feel particularly deceived by him in a way. I thought he wasn’t the type of guy who did all of the things that he did.
KL: I saw a different side of him.
source

I know some of the women caught flack for seemingly switching up on Arie but I think the last line of the above quote from Kendall sums up the reason why perfectly. And yes this is an interview from Kendall and Bekah but they talk quite a bit about Arie and Lauren and I only brought over quotes about the two.

Thanks for bringing these statements over. I need to listen to the full interview but I was impressed with Kendall’s responses. As a unique and quirkier gal I believe she is more open minded than others yet in the end she has major issues and concerns with Aries behavior. I respect that she doesn’t name other women Arie is currently “talking to” but puts it out there that he is. He is really a douche mcdouche! IMO
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:I don't understand the fuss about it in the first place. So, he wanted to send her a message without the whole world watching.  Big deal.  Jmo.

IMO it is a big deal for some because Arie also wanted to send a message to Lauren without the whole world watching and that did turn into a big deal. It is repeated behavior that forms a pattern. And many believe that Arie has a history of using social media as friendly overtures to available women -- to test the waters and keep the lines of communication open. There is absolutely nothing wrong (IMO) with using the medium to engage other in this way except when you are otherwise emotional engaged/involved with someone else and have a pattern of "sliding in to DMs" And Arie was emotionally engaged, first with Becca and then with Lauren IMO. Though it could be argued that he was always emotionally engaged with Lauren!

I believe -- and correct me if I am wrong -- Arie's last relationship prior to join the show was initiated through social media as well. All in my opinion.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:03 pm

TheWrongReasons wrote:I don’t recall Lauren ever stating that she was engaged twice on the show. The only time I recall her talking about her previous engagement was during her 1st 1-1.

As for the wedding invite thing, it was obvious to me that they meant the IMO exceedingly annoying Bekah M. who has been openly mocking them on SM/in interviews.

IMO I don't think either of the Beccas are hoping for an invite. Hugesmile

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:04 pm

JMHO but I think the whole issue of Arie "DMing" those with whom he's had a past relationship is best explained by something Courtney said in the RS podcast. IIRC she told Arie that he should contact the people he had been dating and tell them he had gotten engaged - so that they would not hear it for the first time when watching a TV show. IMO Arie just took that advice to heart and tried to do just that because it made sense to him. Frankly - it makes sense to me too.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Lucas15 wrote:JMHO but I think the whole issue of Arie "DMing" those with whom he's had a past relationship is best explained by something Courtney said in the RS podcast. IIRC she told Arie that he should contact the people he had been dating and tell them he had gotten engaged - so that they would not hear it for the first time when watching a TV show. IMO Arie just took that advice to heart and tried to do just that because it made sense to him. Frankly - it makes sense to me too.

I'm slightly confused here. scratch Isn't the bolded the premise of this show? No big surprise for his exes unless they are totally clueless. duh
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Well IMO, Bekah showed more maturity and integrity than Lauren by asking Becca first before sending Arie a message. That’s respect! Whereas I have no respect for dumb Lauren because she egged and prodded him and gave him an ultimatum to leave Becca. IMO

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:42 pm

richmondrose wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:JMHO but I think the whole issue of Arie "DMing" those with whom he's had a past relationship is best explained by something Courtney said in the RS podcast. IIRC she told Arie that he should contact the people he had been dating and tell them he had gotten engaged - so that they would not hear it for the first time when watching a TV show. IMO Arie just took that advice to heart and tried to do just that because it made sense to him. Frankly - it makes sense to me too.

I'm slightly confused here. scratch Isn't the bolded the premise of this show? No big surprise for his exes unless they are totally clueless.  duh

Deanna didn't know that Brad chose no one, Arie didn't know that Em was engaged to 1F. no idea
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:52 pm

And Jenni Croft the other part of Brad 1.0  F2 had no clue until the airing that Brad chose no one.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Kashathediva wrote:And Jenni Croft the other part of Brad 1.0  F2 had no clue until the airing that Brad chose no one.

You're right, it was Jenni that didn't know...Brad told Deanna that he sent Jenni home.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:06 pm

I've tried to stay out of the Courtney discussion because she's soooooooooooo deceitful, IMO. I don't know it to be fact and it's MY OPINION ONLY, but I wouldn't put it past Arie and Courtney to have discussed her answers (opinions) long before RS first quizzed her.  Courtney has strong feelings for him. It appears he plays a big part in her life even without rolling around in bed with him.  

I have to believe Courtney suggested he call former girlfriends because she would have done the same. Why? To cover up any additional negative headlines it might prevent. Lordy at how dirty her backyard truly is.    JMO

I'm frustrated with Arie but he hasn't pissed me off enough to pin a Courtney type nickname on him yet... NOT. YET. Surely I didn't misjudge him that badly!

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:57 pm; edited 4 times in total

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Considering spoilers exist and get posted on everyone's SM pages day in day out during the show, I highly doubt anyone needed a private heads up about Arie's relationship status. Let alone the women who were on the show with him and are friends with the women who he got engaged to. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 81 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 53 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass