SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 51 of 81 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 66 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 51 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by happygolucky Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:37 am

@Mommyof2 I understand ... but my point is that Jordan was the man of his words once he accepted to come on the show. He even admitted to not being the good boyfriend in previous relationships ... and I'm not even interested in the details (anyone's stories) ... his actions matched his words ... can't say the same for Arie. **IMO**

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 51 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Aria Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:39 am

Jordan has become the classic "see, bad boys *can* change!" model, but he's really the only one (Shawn and Bryan never had any history of cheating and Josh didn't change) and, as we've seen, the allegations against him were never as intense or extensive as the ones against Arie. Heck, no ex even needs to speak out as he himself is happily admitting to cheating and lying to the last girl he dated! IMO.

I really want to try to wish the best to these two, but they make it so hard. Even if Becca has moved on, it's just in poor taste to gloat about how much you hurt and intentionally lied to another person. And I'm a big believer in the "if it starts messy, it ends messy" theory. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:43 am

Diana wrote:They keep changing their story. Not a good look. JMHO

Agreed! But it’s fun to hear or read them spin the lie . This is what happens when Arie doesn’t get things noted on his spreadsheet laugh out loud.
Jmso

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am

Not to keep derailing the topic, but let's get back to Arie and Lauren. As with any Bach couple, time will tell. Arie and Lauren seem very happy right now, so I say enjoy it! I'm just jealous they are seeing the beautiful country of Iceland and soon they will be traveling to Spain. laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:59 am

It has only been 8 weeks, so time will definitely tell! They've only been together half the time a normal Bachelor is when the finale airs. IMO

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:59 am

I agree. I'm sorry, I've chosen the comparison to say my final piece on why I can't be the positive (or optimistic) follower of this couple (nothing to do with Lauren, but even her "enthusiasm" for this "unique love" is difficult to grasp seeing so little of their interaction with no "walls" between them) ... but back to the topic.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:05 am

rosefever wrote:people.com/peopletv/video/bs/00000161-fdf4-d960-a767-fdf65cb20000/the-bachelors-arie-luyendyk

Some new info in this interview.

1. Arie now says he didn't pick Lauren at the final rose because he worried she'd run out on him when the going would get rough.

2. Arie texted Lauren on new years eve, but she didn't text back until a few days later, possibly after she saw the hint he left on instagram. So that changes things a little bit.

I can’t keep their stories straight. It’s always something different. 

Even just the fact that he chose NYE (or day, who the heck knows)... a day I normally associate as a “couples” day, makes the emotional betrayal to Becca feel all that much stronger to me.

I get he and Lauren are the better match, and he chose wrong in a complicated situation. I’m by no means faulting him for making a mistake and wanting to reverse it. That’s life. I just think he went about it all wrong. The emotional cheating and the changing stories especially leave such a bad taste in my mouth. When Jason and Molly did this, they had one story and they stuck to it. It all felt more transparent and truthful and didn’t leave me with the same “emotional cheating” taste in my mouth like the 2.0 version does. That’s why I’m not a fan of these too, and probably never will be. Even if they stay together for a hundred years and make a million babies. I just don’t think they are stand up people, and I don’t enjoy their “love story.” (Barf)

Last edited by sosleepy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:09 am

sosleepy wrote:
rosefever wrote:people.com/peopletv/video/bs/00000161-fdf4-d960-a767-fdf65cb20000/the-bachelors-arie-luyendyk

Some new info in this interview.

1. Arie now says he didn't pick Lauren at the final rose because he worried she'd run out on him when the going would get rough.

2. Arie texted Lauren on new years eve, but she didn't text back until a few days later, possibly after she saw the hint he left on instagram. So that changes things a little bit.

I can’t keep their stories straight. It’s always something different. 

Even just the fact that he chose NYE (or day, who the heck knows)... a day I normally associate as a “couples” day, makes the emotional betrayal to a Becca feel all that much stronger to me.

I get he and Lauren are the better match, and he chose wrong in a complicated situation. I’m by no means faulting him for making a mistake and wanting to reverse it. That’s life. I just think he went about it all wrong. The emotional cheating and the changing stories especially leave such a bad taste in my mouth. When Jason and Molly did this, they had one story and they stuck to it. It all felt more transparent and truthful and didn’t feel leave me with the same “emotional cheating” taste in my mouth like the 2.0 version does. That’s why I’m not a fan of these too, and probably never will be. Even if they stay together for a hundred years and make a million babies. I just don’t think they are stand up people, and I don’t enjoy their “love story.” (Barf)

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 51 2133010805 For me too. Jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:13 am

Probably a great idea to move things back toward topic. Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 51 4256136633

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:14 am

Sorry, @Kashathediva.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 am

So my big Q ... for the people that believe in them and like them... why? Like seriously, why? I’m just at a loss and wouldn’t mind reading someone’s perspective. I just don’t see it.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:25 am

grace8136 wrote:
Amberish wrote:The first time they were "together", they dated for what ... two weeks? Then they became friends, during which Courtney was in at least one serious relationship in California. Her RE license is still hanging in California, meaning, at this point, she's only temporarily in Arizona.

Nonetheless, although she indicated she thought of exploring something more with Arie in Arizona that lasted for what, two weeks again, then she says definitely friend zone.

It takes two, time and commitment to be in a serious relationship.

From everything we know, Arie wants to be in love. Well, I think Courtney does, too, but she isn't, is she? Wanting to test the waters and see if it goes there isn't being there and now that Arie is happily engaged and planning a wedding stops the possibility short --- and this is the actual reality of the situation as opposed to just my opinion.

Whether or not she seemed in love with him is completely subjective.

Let's look at the facts.

Courtney hasn't said she was or is in love with Arie. To clarify neither has Arie. She dates others, mostly seriously. He's now engaged.

I stand by my previous statement that there isn't any evidence, whatsoever, that Courtney is in love with Arie. Further, To suggest she isn't is absolutely objective.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 81 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 66 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass