SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Billysmom wrote:I'm wondering if Tia was brought back to spare Colton the potential for deflowering in the fantasy suite?  We shall see what happens in paradise...

Interesting thought. You mean like if anyone is going to “deflower” him it’s going to be her, meaning Tia ? I loved the subliminal shot of the plane to pick up Becca and G . TIA. Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 21 3806527698

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by Amethyst Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:09 pm

Given that Colton, who went out as F4, is in the mix for the Bachelor, I'm interested in how he earns his living. His last NFL team released him in August of 2016 and his small charity, although doing well, does not bring in enough income for him to draw a salary from it (even if he wanted to, which is doubtful, IMO.) Call me old fashioned, but given a choice my preference is for a Bachelor with a solid employment history and good prospects. Even Nick, for instance, had a sales background that he could fall back on if his other ventures failed.

So from perusing this thread, it looks like Colton has done some modeling and is an acting wannabe (at present, IMDB only lists his Bachelorette credits.)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9846206/

A couple of years ago he started a sports bar and restaurant in Washington, Illinois, where he graduated from high school. He called it the 4th and Goal Grill. It got decent online reviews. A news article states that he sold it this past April to his aunt and uncle who live locally. The article mentions that his aunt managed the restaurant, and that she and his uncle were desirous of taking over the place since Colton didn't make it back there very often. They've renamed it Brickhouse BBQ and have taken it in a different direction.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20180418/colton-underwood-sells-4th-and-goal-now-named-brickhouse-bbq

So I have to give him credit since the restaurant business is very tough. He was able to keep it open for about two years and then sell it. He would have made some money from that and also from his stint on BiP, probably enough to keep him going for a while. So basically, he hustles for a living. Makes a buck however he can. That, combined with his good looks, would have been enough for my younger self. It wouldn't be enough now.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Amethyst wrote:Given that Colton, who went out as F4, is in the mix for the Bachelor, I'm interested in how he earns his living. His last NFL team released him in August of 2016 and his small charity, although doing well, does not bring in enough income for him to draw a salary from it (even if he wanted to, which is doubtful, IMO.) Call me old fashioned, but given a choice my preference is for a Bachelor with a solid employment history and good prospects. Even Nick, for instance, had a sales background that he could fall back on if his other ventures failed.

So from perusing this thread, it looks like Colton has done some modeling and is an acting wannabe (at present, IMDB only lists his Bachelorette credits.)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9846206/

A couple of years ago he started a sports bar and restaurant in Washington, Illinois, where he graduated from high school. He called it the 4th and Goal Grill. It got decent online reviews. A news article states that he sold it this past April to his aunt and uncle who live locally. The article mentions that his aunt managed the restaurant, and that she and his uncle were desirous of taking over the place since Colton didn't make it back there very often. They've renamed it Brickhouse BBQ and have taken it in a different direction.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20180418/colton-underwood-sells-4th-and-goal-now-named-brickhouse-bbq

So I have to give him credit since the restaurant business is very tough. He was able to keep it open for about two years and then sell it. He would have made some money from that and also from his stint on BiP, probably enough to keep him going for a while. So basically, he hustles for a living. Makes a buck however he can. That, combined with his good looks, would have been enough for my younger self. It wouldn't be enough now.

He probably got a signing bonus when he was drafted and if handled well, it could set him up for life.

From what I remember Josh Murray got $800,000 when he did. Since Colton is at least five years younger, I would assume with inflation he could have got something at least similar if not more. Did anyone dig up any information regarding that?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:10 pm

@Sprite josh Murray (BOR) got paid 800K for BIP? Are you sure? I had never heard any cast being paid for BIP like that. I had also heard the entire family, especially Josh, sponge off baby bro Aaron, which leaves me scratching my head if he would have that kind of money.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@Sprite josh Murray (BOR) got paid 800K for BIP? Are you sure? I had never heard any cast being paid for BIP like that.  I had also heard the entire family, especially Josh, sponge off baby bro Aaron,  which leaves me scratching my head if he would have that kind of money.

No, not for BIP. A signing bonus for his baseball career....or what there was of it. At least that is what I remember....when he was first drafted. I just assumed that Colton got something similar.

Anyone else remember that? I think we found it during pre show sleuthing.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:22 pm

@Sprite ahhhhh.  Got ya. bestbud!
Here is the source you are looking for. Sign on
It states 825k

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@Sprite ahhhhh.  Got ya. bestbud!
It states 825k

Yup $825 signing bonus plus $100 for school for Josh.

I just checked Colton and apparently he was drafted in the 7th round vs Josh's 2nd. However, Colton signed a 3 year contract to play with the San Diego Chargers whereas Josh only played in the minors. Apparently Colton got a one million dollar contract when he was signed. Not bad for someone who was only 23 at the time. If smart, he could have a nice little nest egg to set himself up. Here is the info:

http://networthtomb.com/colton-underwood-salary-net-worth-linebacker-player/

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:27 am

Sprite wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:@Sprite ahhhhh.  Got ya. bestbud!
It states 825k

Yup $825 signing bonus plus $100 for school for Josh.

I just checked Colton and apparently he was drafted in the 7th round vs Josh's 2nd. However, Colton signed a 3 year contract to play with the San Diego Chargers whereas Josh only played in the minors. Apparently Colton got a one million dollar contract when he was signed. Not bad for someone who was only 23 at the time. If smart, he could have a nice little nest egg to set himself up. Here is the info:

http://networthtomb.com/colton-underwood-salary-net-worth-linebacker-player/

Okay, now things are adding up. He probably earned more off of football than I figured, and his football earnings would account for why he was able to open the restaurant. If he invested much of his money, the proceeds from that would provide a good base income. It would also explain why he has sufficient time available to run his foundation.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Colton did a interview that is on Us Weekly explaing why he did not talk about Aly . He said that she is going through her own drama and he did not want to drag her name on the ette because all that would do is bring more drama that she does not need. IMO He really is a very caring man.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:54 pm

@whit90 That's very respectful of him. I think he's a good guy deep down.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:05 pm

looks like him and tia didn't happen? he was asked on a extra interview if he would be the bachelor if asked and he said yes Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 21 4256136633 i definitely think it will be one of beccas guys and most likely jason, blake or colton.....jmo
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Nah I don't think Colton has a chance. According to RS he calls Jean Blanc a pussy at the MTA. Even if that doesn't get aired you'd think he'd be more image-conscious at the MTA for his Bachelor audition if he was really in the running. He's done IMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

+59
Billysmom
notarose
nananana
Teamee
kerriway