SELECT CONTENT

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 5 Empty Re: About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:06 am

Flood control is active on this forum, please wait 5 second(s) before replying or posting.

I don't know why I'm getting this message all of a sudden. I've checked with support, but I have to leave for a few hours.

I will figure it out asap.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 5 Empty Re: About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:08 am

Flood control is active on this forum, please wait 5 second(s) before replying or posting.

I don't know why I'm getting this message all of a sudden. I've checked with support, but I have to leave for a few hours.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:08 am

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:10 am

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:12 am

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:36 pm

I have added the Calendar function to the forum.

Under the banner, you will see Calendar.

Now when a thread is created, there is an option to include the date and time on the calendar. I added two events, May 6th and May 20th for MAFS. If you look at May's calendar you will see the premiere dates for both those new spin offs on those dates.

Birthdays are always included in the calendar, and at the bottom of the forum home page.

This will give you a snap shot of anything new premiering during the month.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:48 pm

I just want to give a shout out to JO SCRIMSHIRE FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA for kindly giving credit to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and our forum in a recent article! Congrats to all the sleuthers in the International forums who's hard work usually helps DM with their articles. yes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dailymail.co.uk

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Congrats to Bobette and all of your from afar. I think you actually do the research and they just publish it to a wide audience. But it's always nice to give credit to the originators.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm

From ForumMotion:

Dear members.

We inform you that our Datacenter is planning technical maintenance for Monday 21 September ,2020, throughout the day with a possible risk of network failure.

According to the information provided by the data center, this will be a replacement of the main breaker. While working on the main breaker, the load will rest on the UPS batteries and Generator.

This maintenance will be carried out by the teams of our Data center. No major impact on your forums is expected, other than the possibility of problems with access, time to replace hardware.

We thank you for your understanding and apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused! rose

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Donate Button

Some of you may have noticed the Donate Button on the top left hand corner of the page. I'd like to take this time to explain why I implemented the button. This is going to be long because I want full disclosure.

This forum was created March 22 2011. At the time, everything was free. The founder Love_Me was able to choose the site with a specific domain name, bachandbachettefans.net at no cost. Everything else you see in this forum was free.

I was asked March 2014 if I would take over as Administrator by SanLee. At the time unfortunately I had no contact with Love_Me so it was learn as I go type of thing which I gladly accepted since I was familiar with setting up forums.

The following December 2014 I received a notice from Support that our forum was expiring Jan 2015 and I had to pay to renew it. I knew nothing about this and asked for an explanation. They advised since we had a specific name, bachandbachettefans.net rather than bachandbachettefansforumotion.net I had to pay for the renewal. I talked my way out of paying by indicating it was a large forum with thousands of registered members, which they agreed and renewed the forum. I was able to do that for 2016 as well.

In Nov 2016 they advised they were creating "packages" Free Advanced Premium. Some of you may remember when we were able to upload as many images at one time but it was changed to only 3 at one time. That was part of the change.

Once again I contacted Support but this time said it had to be paid for because we have a specific domain name and the Advanced Package includes specific domain names. My option was to change the whole forum name to forumotion and have a basic package, or I could have purchased our own domain which costs monthly and get technical support in transferring our whole forum over to the new domain. I didn't want to take that chance, so I paid for it for 2017.

We have to purchase credits. Then use the credits to renew the forum. Added to that I purchased additional credits so we don't have ad's popping up for registered users. (another thing that used to be free)  I paid $101 Cdn to purchase just enough credits for one year 2017. Dec 2018 I paid $65Cdn to purchase additional credits to renew for one year to Nov 2019 and again for 2020. I always had to purchase more than I needed because at the time the increments were limited to 1000 3000 5000 etc so I have 2141 credits sitting there. Each time I paid, I got frustrated because the end of the year is bad timing for me and often thought about asking for donations, but felt awful because everyone has their own challenges and coming to our forum is a distraction. It shouldn't be about yet another bill that needs to be paid.

Today the cost for renewing the forum plus additional credits to avoid ad's popping up is $41.30 USD for 4430 credits. My only options is Euro's(not doing that) or USD which then gets converted to Canadian dollars on my end which results in roughly $58.00. I have to buy 3000 credits because 2000 is not enough.

For the last couple of days I've been checking into how I can add a donate button and trying to figure out the best possible method, making it simple by paying with a credit card or via paypal. I thought if anyone donates it will be only to cover my costs for this year and each year going forward. The extra credits can remain sitting there incase prices go up we can use some of them. Once there is enough to pay for the renewal fee's, the donate button will be removed. It will be added again next year when we need to renew again.

This year has been a difficult year for many of us however, if you are able to chip in, any amount it would be greatly appreciated. There is absolutely no obligation, and I have no idea who would contribute. No information is shared in any capacity. I tested it myself with a small donation and all I receive is an email notification to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] account. I logged into paypal and all I see is an email account from the sender.

The next series of images are confirming costs etc. Once we have enough to cover the renewal fee's I will post the dollar amounts received.

Thank you all for your contributions by posting and sharing info as well as the awesome sleuthing and to the mod's for continued support in making our forum a happy place!

Please let me know if something doesn't make sense, or if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know.

ETA: THANK YOU to those who already donated before I explained why that button appeared!!!

Credits sitting there accumulated that I paid for in the past.

Cost of credits

Notice of Domain expiring (bachandbachettefans.net)

Notice of Advanced package expiring

Packages - we can't have the free package because that doesn't include keeping our domain name. The first column is Free the second is Advanced

Summary of credits needed to renew for 2021

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:03 pm

When we log into our forum, there is a drop down box to log in. This box has annoyed me for so long, because it's "staticky" and moves around before you can actually click "log in". Today, looking for something else I realized I can get rid of it. I just tested it and it seems to work fine without that annoying box.

If anyone has any problems, let me know.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Worked fine for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

+18
Norcalgal
Admin
whit90
mbl
Astrobach