SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Page 11 of 79 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LiArs - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:29 pm

^^^. IDK. Maybe it’s just the things I follow, but I’ve seen a million warnings on Facebook telling people how this could be a touchy subject. I’m surprised there are people not aware.

Think about it this way. Infertility is a disease. It’s a huge life adjustment. It’s isolating. It’s indefinite. You don’t know where it will end. It’s stressful on couples and some don’t make it. It’s the end of a dream. It’s expensive. It’s financially devastating. It’s different for me now, because my family is complete and I’ve closed that chapter... but when I was long term ttc, every pregnancy announcement I read or saw on Facebook or wherever was a punch in the gut. Not because I was unhappy or upset at other people, and wishing them ill will, but because I was just so devastated for myself. Every announcement just reiterates it’s still not your time, you are still broken. To have one of those “announcements” be a fake joke is just unnecessary and potentially hurtful for someone. 

Not comparing directly, but Cancer is also all of these things - devastating, a disease, financially draining, the end of a dream, a huge life adjustment. You don’t make an “April Fools Day Joke” I have cancer!!!! JK!!!! Like of course not. It’s just not cool.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

LiArs - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Mikesgirl83 wrote:I must have seen pictures, posts, blogs about this no less than 10 times in my FB news feed in the week leading up to April Fools saying please don't use this as a joke. When a large group/community of people come together and say "please don't do/say XYZ it's hurtful to us" we don't get to decide their feelings for them, we don't get to decide it's not a big deal. We need to listen.

It's one thingif Arie and Lauren just didn't know about it but they know now and coming back and saying "sorry if you were offended" and then continuing the joke is just crass. "Sorry if you were offended" is not an apology. I would have loved to see some humility on their part and a sincere apology. Unfortunately these two have shown over and over again that they lack any kind of empathy for people's feelings or social awareness, this is why I'll never be a fan.

All JMO

Bingo.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:32 pm

They suck at apologies.

LiArs - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 11 F93c5510

http://people.com/tv/arie-luyendyk-jr-lauren-burnham-pregnancy-april-fools-day-joke/
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Minney wrote:They suck at apologies.

LiArs - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 11 F93c5510

http://people.com/tv/arie-luyendyk-jr-lauren-burnham-pregnancy-april-fools-day-joke/

Wtf????!!! 

Worst. Bachelor. Couple. Ever.

I’m truly disgusted by them. 0 empathy, 0 humility, 0 self a awareness. JMO
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:35 pm

I was unbothered by the joke but I do remember SeanCat getting lit up back in the day for the same thing, and since I can't stand either of these two, dis me watching all this unfold:

via GIPHY

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:36 pm

alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:39 pm

He should think first instead of posing half azzed apologizes that probably written by a publlist. JMO. He had no sympathy for anyone’s he has proven that one many times 

All Jmo
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:17 pm

*affected. There, I corrected it for you Arie.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:26 pm

alwaystulips wrote:

Sorry Arie, but your sorry if you were offend came first. Please hire a SM manager. IMO #Liars both lack enough empathy to good at SM.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by vacayeveryday Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:36 pm

sosleepy wrote:^^^. IDK. Maybe it’s just the things I follow, but I’ve seen a million warnings on Facebook telling people how this could be a touchy subject. I’m surprised there are people not aware.

Think about it this way. Infertility is a disease. It’s a huge life adjustment. It’s isolating. It’s indefinite. You don’t know where it will end. It’s stressful on couples and some don’t make it. It’s the end of a dream. It’s expensive. It’s financially devastating. It’s different for me now, because my family is complete and I’ve closed that chapter... but when I was long term ttc, every pregnancy announcement I read or saw on Facebook or wherever was a punch in the gut. Not because I was unhappy or upset at other people, and wishing them ill will, but because I was just so devastated for myself. Every announcement just reiterates it’s still not your time, you are still broken. To have one of those “announcements” be a fake joke is just unnecessary and potentially hurtful for someone. 

Not comparing directly, but Cancer is also all of these things - devastating, a disease, financially draining, the end of a dream, a huge life adjustment. You don’t make an “April Fools Day Joke” I have cancer!!!! JK!!!! Like of course not. It’s just not cool.

I must be on totally different feeds, because I honestly never heard that it was offensive until yesterday. I'm not saying that Arie/Lauren are innocent in all this, I'm just saying that taking myself as an example and from other comments I've seen not everyone knows that this joke is seen as an offensive thing. That's all.

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:42 pm

word

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:49 pm

I thought Arie and L were totes cool with their super funny joke, why are they apologizing? Rolling Eyes

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 79 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

+68
MommaSez
tiger
gurlbrit
chelsiega
bluwavz