SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Page 64 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

truth - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 64 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by Sprite Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:03 am

Kashathediva wrote:The way I look at this show is it's such a train wreck and joke, the only reason to do it would be $$$, JMO, and I don't care if the couple is Roseanne and Dan Connor or George and Amal Clooney.  
IDK...whatever. I really don't think Arie cares what others think of him that aren't in his inner circle of family/friends. JMO I really don't think he thinks much about that

I kind of agree and disagree.

I agree he doesn't think much...about anything.

I disagree that he doesn't care about what others think of him outside of his family. I think he cares very much about what SM is saying. If he didn't care he wouldn't limit/block comments on some of his post or try to back track after getting flack/criticism.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

truth - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 64 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:54 am

@Sprite
Agree to disagree. 
I am one of those people who love to look at my page and those close to me. I post what I want to and its innocuous stuff, my family, pets, artsy stuff, humor. It's an escape for me. 
When controversial things (like politics) started popping up constantly, I started unfollowing/unfriending/blocking and that crap was gone. I did not want to see it. I did not want to be brought down, so I limited anything like that popping up from people that seemed to thrive on it. 
I can think of a lot of ways to get all that controversial stuff that I didn't want to see should I choose, but it was not going to show up on my page. That I could control.
His tepid backtracking etc, is IMO simply a dawning that he was being shortsighted or moronic.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:13 am

I don't know. I just don't think I buy that there's actually people who care ONLY what their family and friends think of them. I think we all care to some extent what strangers think of us. I mean I don't think he's crying in a corner or anything because most viewers think he's an a$$hole but I bet he'd prefer it if was more popular and well-liked. Unless he actually is an emotionless robot. All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 am

@bluwavz
Of course, I am not saying he lives in a total void, I simply don't think he cares much what strangers think. 
He has his racing group. He has his family/friends. He probably has other groups that really interest him.
Obviously, he does not appear to be an overly sensitive man in many areas or at least appears lacking, so that is how I come away with the assumption he for the most part, does not care. 
I try not to let strangers rent out space in my head.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:08 am

MBC? Say it ain't so! Marriage counseling is a great idea but I can't imagine Lauren okay with it, private or otherwise. Lauren is all about the media attention of wedding planning/details but this? Color me shocked as h3ll if they go through with MBC for BN to critique. What are they thinking? If Arie thinks this is a better look than shilling, he's in for a rude awakening, IMO. Whew weee...this should be fun.

Maybe real estate in Scottsdale is slow this time of year. Suspect

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:11 am

Yeah....Arie/Lauren saying they don't care about what people think or say is like me saying "oh, I *want* to eat this salad instead of that bowl of pasta!". You have Arie/Lauren both blocking and filtering comments on IG. You have Arie responding when someone accuses of him being with someone 13 years younger. You have Lauren responding when someone accuses her of breaking her recent engagement or saying she was engaged twice. You have Arie complaining to John it's a "bloodbath" in here. You have Arie admitting he was insecure everyone wanted Peter. You have Arie going on Almost Famous and talking about how hard it's been for him, to hear Ben/Ashley be tough on him and how hard it is that he still feels like an outsider in Bachelor Nation and how harsh everyone is. You have Arie/Lauren deleting their gym story. You have Arie/Lauren "apologizing" for that pregnancy story. Like the saying goes, actions speak louder than words. I've said it before and I'll say it again - people in this franchise need validation from strangers the way we need oxygen. Some hide it better, some are able to grow and not care as much, and there have maybe even been an exception or two in the last decade. But they all care. And Arie/Lauren care more than most, IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:15 am

Is it possible that MBC is a condition for an expensive televised wedding? I don't know if there are any ties between MBC and TB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:22 am

@rosefever
I seriously doubt that.
@Aria I go into most fan threads simply to monitor etc. It appears(keep in mind I don't actually go to the IG's unless sleuthing etc) from their fans, there has been a reduction in what is posted by this couple. I did go looking and it's been a few days for each of them. Many cast post much more daily in general than this couple from what I see here.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by kmick0890 Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 am

Kashathediva wrote:@rosefever
I seriously doubt that.
@Aria I go into most fan threads simply to monitor etc. It appears(keep in mind I don't actually go to the IG's unless sleuthing etc) from their fans, there has been a reduction in what is posted by this couple. I did go looking and it's been a few days for each of them. Many cast post much more daily in general than this couple from what I see here.

There's definitely been a reduction by what they have posted on SM. Other than pics from their Iceland/Barcelona trip, they've hardly posted anything to SM. They're definitely quieter than most couples at this point after the show. IMO, I don't get how they are super fame hungry when they've gone days without posting anything to SM. I do think they care about what other people think and I don't blame them. They couldn't post the simplest pictures without being attacked.
kmick0890
kmick0890

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:37 am

Doesn't Arie have regular friends they can just hang out with and start a "normal" life together? Why all the need for free travel, PR events, and possibly MBC? IMO relationships really develop and strengthen when couples spend time with each others friends and close circles. Didn't Arie introduce Becca to friends on a SHV when they all go-carted in the desert? This couple appears to isolate themselves from friends and loved ones that could possibly provide better advice on decisions such as MBC and staged photo sessions. All JMO but it would be great to see them doing regular couple things like dinners out with friends or sporting events, etc. with a group... you know, normal stuff for people their age! IMO
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:58 am

@Minney They don't post their day to day lives on sm, so we have no idea who they are seeing. For all we know, they may see friends and family every day. We can't judge if we have no info.

Back to top Go down

Post by vacayeveryday Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 am

BKay wrote:@Minney They don't post their day to day lives on sm, so we have no idea who they are seeing. For all we know, they may see friends and family every day. We can't judge if we have no info.

I totally agree. Also if you look at Arie's IG posts he has very few, if any, group photos with friends. So maybe he doesn't have a group of friends he hangs with and/or maybe he doesn't post things he does with them on sm. I would suspect that they've gotten together with Arie's parents in AZ but just haven't posted it. Another explanation they may just simply be too busy to get together with friends/family -- they've been traveling, Lauren just moved to AZ, they have events plus a wedding to plan. And of course Lauren is away from her friends/family so understandably they can't socialize with them. In this article Lauren/Arie describe things they've done around AZ, which weren't posted on sm. https://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/features/features/9641-qthe-bachelorsq-arie-and-lauren-interview-.html

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

+68
MommaSez
tiger
gurlbrit
chelsiega
bluwavz