SELECT CONTENT

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion #2

Page 24 of 75 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 49 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion #2

Post by TheLurker Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Neat article on Arie's growing RE business in the Phoenix Business Journal:
By Kourtney Balsan — Phoenix Business Journal
Sep 16, 2018, 9:56am MST

Former 'Bachelor' star now makes major real estate moves in the Valley

Arie Luyendyk Jr. has gone from handing out roses on “The Bachelor” to handing out keys to Phoenix-area homeowners.

Luyendyk, a racecar driver who upped his celebrity status when he appeared on the ABC-TV reality show earlier this year, has been working in real estate in the Valley for about two years, and recently sold a home to a client who also shares the celebrity spotlight.

"I had a great year last year. I did just over $13 million in business and it’s been great,” he said.

Luyendyk worked the deal to sell a $2.7 million home [...] in Paradise Valley to Arizona Coyotes hockey player Alex Galchenyuk, who relocated from Montreal after being acquired in a trade. The 7,037 square-foot home was built last year with six bedrooms and six-and-a-half bathrooms. Luyendyk, a RE/MAX Excalibur agent in Scottsdale, said he's proud of working out a deal at just under $384 per square foot for the newly built residence.

“We looked at 30 plus homes before we landed on this one,” Luyendyk said. “[Alex] wanted an open concept, great views of the mountains, and a great yard with room to build a sport court. He wants a basketball court and potentially an add-on to build a gym. We had to find a property that was amazing, plus had the ability to add on those features.”

A hot luxury market

Luyendyk met Galchenyuk through a connection with Rogers Healy, owner of Dallas-based Healy Global Relocation, which focuses on high-profile clients looking to move anywhere in the world.

“I think a lot of agents are really only thinking just about their market and just their neighborhood,” Luyendyk said. “I think as a Realtor, it’s really important to expand on that. With Rogers and his group, now I’m doing real estate all around the world with his relocation business.”

Healy, who has been in business for nine years, said he has nearly 900 real estate executives in his network, including Luyendyk.

"We help people with all their moves, local and international, so whether they’re moving from Scottsdale to Phoenix or they’re moving from Phoenix to Baghdad, we can do everything," Healy said. "We ship their cars, their ATVs, their boats, and their pets. We also help them with short-term rentals and furnishing their properties.”

Phoenix is one of Healy Global Relocation’s most popular destinations for high net-worth individuals to locate, along with Houston, Dallas, and Atlanta, Healy said.

“Especially with people that are professional athletes and their families, they like the steady climate and the ease of travel, so Phoenix has definitely been a city of mass growth. It’s been steady for us in Phoenix for almost a decade. Professional golfers, hockey players, celebrities who want to live under the radar,” Healy said.

He appeared in season 22 of "The Bachelor," which debuted in January. Though he rejected one contestant, Lauren Burnham, and proposed to Becca Kufrin, he subsequently became engaged to Burnham in March and the couple intend to wed in January 2019, according to a CNN report.

Luyendyk became an agent in 2004, but his priority at the time was racing. He now confines his racing to the summer and focuses on the local booming real estate market during the winter. "As soon as race season is over, real estate really picks up here in Arizona because our market is really strong in the winter because all the snowbirds,” Luyendyk said. “I think before I was a little younger, but now I have a little more grey hair. I knew my lifestyle of being on the road all the time was going to be hard for me to start a family, and I started thinking more and more about real estate.”

Luyendyk says he sees symmetry in his two careers. For example, he said, negotiating sponsorships in racing is similar to negotiating in real estate. Born in The Netherlands, he is the son of two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Luyendyk.

“In all those businesses, the common theme is having a great network of friends, individuals and clients.… The more connections you make and people you meet, they help both those businesses,” he said.

His exposure on "The Bachelor" hasn't hurt Luyendyk's business. Some potential clients feel as if they already know and trust him, he noted, adding it has its negative side, considering some potential clients just wanted to meet him to talk about the show.

“At first, I would say it kind of hurt my business, but people want an agent they can relate to,” Luyendyk said.

“My cellphone number is on the internet because I am an agent, so naturally I get a lot of phone calls that probably aren’t the most solid leads when it comes real estate. There is a lot of sifting through seeing if there’s is an actual lead, seeing if they’re an actual client, or someone just trying to chat about ‘The Bachelor.’”
Source

Lauren is also working on her own business venture:
 Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 40003310

laureneburnham wrote:Choose your passions.
Whether it’s being a business owner, performer, best mom/dog mom, top employee at your company, etc.
If I’ve learned anything through my trials is that the only way to achieve something is to put yourself out there and try. After all, you have to believe in yourself if you want others to believe in you!
Something you may not know is that I’ve been passionate about sketching/designing fashion and swimwear my entire adult life. In the past I’ve chosen the safe path. Went to school, got my degree and then jumped into corporate America as many of us do. I worked hard, saved up, had a little luck and now I’m excited to be pursuing the path I’ve always wanted to take.
If you’re willing to share, I’d love to hear what some of your passions are and stories of how you chased those dreams!
xo
Source

Last edited by TheLurker on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheLurker

Back to top Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:08 pm

OT "Alex Galchenyuk, who relocated from Montreal " :tissuebox

That's awesome that he bought the house!

That's an incredible affiliation he has with Healy Global Relocation. Fantastic idea!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:17 pm

I didn't think they were allowed to post people's address? Just naming the street is bad enough, but they actually put the house number in the article. I wouldn't want my address advertised if I was a celebrity.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLurker Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 pm

@Sprite Good point! I've edited it out.

TheLurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:21 pm

TheLurker wrote:@Sprite Good point! I've edited it out.

Apparently we are more deligent than the local paper.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:25 pm

The laws are different in the US when it comes to confidentiality on the address and the sale price, but it's coming to Canada as well.

@Sprite Good catch on the address, I didn't even see it as I skimmed through.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLurker Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Holland is so beautiful! It's fun to see Arie's Dutch roots.

Den Bosch
 Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 41120810
 Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 41309710

Here's young Arie

A beautiful church

Arie's fashion clones

Dutch Uber ;)

His favorite breakfast growing up

Den Bosch Nightlife

Foooooooood
 Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 40622610
 Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 41543310

Source: @ariejr IG story & @laureneburnham IG story

TheLurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLurker Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:37 pm

The Dutch adventure continued today with a romantic hot air balloon ride:

Source: @ariejr & @laureneburnham IG stories

TheLurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLurker Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 41541810
 Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 41172510
 Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 41381110

Source: @ariejr & @laureneburnham IG stories

TheLurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLurker Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 pm

These photos are stunning  
 Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 Hot_ai11
laureneburnham wrote:Floatin away
Source
 Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion  #2 - Page 24 Hot_ai12
ariejr wrote:Put her above it all
Source

TheLurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLurker Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:11 pm

TMW this is your fourth post in a row laugh out loud Oh well ;)

At any rate, it's Arie's birthday! It's great that he gets to spend it in his home country with his love.

Here is Lauren's birthday tribute post.

Arie Sr. and John Wolfner also had a couple of birthday tweets:

https://twitter.com/ArieLuyendyk/status/1042076972375924736

https://twitter.com/jwolfner/status/1042081387745083394

And finally, here they are in Amsterdam:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4BMG5HU6K/?taken-by=ariejr

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4BYJNHIyG/?taken-by=laureneburnham

TheLurker

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:32 pm

@TheLurker post away! Thanks for taking the time to keep this thread updated!

Lauren's IG post is really nice with the addition of all the pics. Love his Dad's IG and JW' posts. laugh out loud

Does Arie speak Dutch?

ETA: OT I forgot to ask. I'm sure we sleuthed the location of that last IG for someone's season?

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 75 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 49 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - Media SM - Discussion #2

+62
Jaybird
Idlemess
Fleurdesel
beader
gurlbrit