SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #6

Page 22 of 49 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheBachelerotte - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #6

Post by alwaystulips Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:28 pm

albean99 wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:So, let me get this straight.  Becca gleefully destroyed a race car, the breakup furniture and TVs playing the engagement.  It was “therapeutic” to get rid of Arie reminders.

But, she kept the gowns, shoes and earrings Arie gave her.  Didn’t donate them to charity?

I don’t get Becca.

Let's face it, "Arie" didn't give them to her. I'd have kept everything if I could use them because how often do you get designer dresses, Louis Vuitton shoes, and jewelry? She said in the interview that she doesn't regret anything so I doubt getting into the date & destroying those things mean much. JMO
I hear what you’re saying @albean99.  I know Arie didn’t give those things to her, but she received them on a romantic date with him.  According to Rachel Zoe, he was very attentive and helped her choose the best looking dresses for her.  Maybe she can separate the gifts from the event.  Not something I think I could do.

She also said the destruction date was her favorite of the season, so I think it meant something to her.  It was a weird statement to me.  Maybe TPTB told her to say that to further their storyboard.  

I also think there are plenty of designer gowns and jewelry in her future.  JMO.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

TheBachelerotte - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #6

Post by notarose Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:31 pm

albean99 wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:So, let me get this straight.  Becca gleefully destroyed a race car, the breakup furniture and TVs playing the engagement.  It was “therapeutic” to get rid of Arie reminders.

But, she kept the gowns, shoes and earrings Arie gave her.  Didn’t donate them to charity?

I don’t get Becca.

Let's face it, "Arie" didn't give them to her. I'd have kept everything if I could use them because how often do you get designer dresses, Louis Vuitton shoes, and jewelry? She said in the interview that she doesn't regret anything so I doubt getting into the date & destroying those things mean much. JMO

yes  people can go nuts if they try to get rid of everything related to an ex... what you wore on a first date, not eating what you ate on a last date giggling  It’s just stuff and as you said, it was given to her by the designer so it’s practical to keep it just like keeping whatever goodies all the girls were gifted by sponsors.
Also, the destroy date was set up by the show. Realistically, IMO it was more for the audience AND it ended up being fun for her because it was so OTT and basically harmlessly sledgehammering props. JMO but I think it was a storyboard thing to show the audience she had moved on. In case there was doubt.

Last edited by notarose on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:37 pm

albean99 wrote:

I don’t get Becca.

i may be inaccurate but it was my understanding that the show/designer intended to allow Becca to keep the dress of her choosing.  When, however, Arie asked her which one she liked the most and Becca answered "all of the them" Arie decided to purchase the others for her out of his own pocket.  Don't know about the shoes or jewelry.

Last edited by docnash14 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm

I agree with @albean99 and @notarose. I took her response of not regretting anything in that interview included her engagement to Arie. Let's face it, every bad situation in a person's life can lead to something much better. In this case, that engagement/breakup led her to her current engagement which IMO is more suited to her. She and Arie would not have lasted. I think she would have gotten bored with him and the "racing" life.

If somebody would give me designer gowns, I'd be keeping 'em!

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:50 pm

And I wouldn’t! Smiley
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:51 pm

notarose wrote:
albean99 wrote:

I don’t get Becca.

yes  people can go nuts if they try to get rid of everything related to an ex... what you wore on a first date, not eating what you ate on a last date giggling  It’s just stuff and as you said, it was given to her by the designer so it’s practical to keep it just like keeping whatever goodies all the girls were gifted by sponsors.
Also, the destroy date was set up by the show. Realistically, IMO it was more for the audience AND it ended up being fun for her because it was so OTT and basically harmlessly sledgehammering props. JMO but I think it was a storyboard thing to show the audience she had moved on. In case there was doubt.

Slightly off topic, but for those who watch home renovation/flipping shows, people on there frequently say that their favourite part is the demo. It is just fun to destroy stuff. It lets people get out frustrations by breaking stuff with no consequences. I know I would have enjoyed it....whether related to Arie or not!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Sprite wrote:
notarose wrote:
albean99 wrote:

I don’t get Becca.

Slightly off topic, but for those who watch home renovation/flipping shows, people on there frequently say that their favourite part is the demo. It is just fun to destroy stuff. It lets people get out frustrations by breaking stuff with no consequences. I know I would have enjoyed it....whether related to Arie or not!

yes the home reno example is great. Out with the old to make way for the new.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:59 pm

So, that’s my point.  Out with the old dresses to make way for the new dresses.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:11 pm

alwaystulips wrote:So, that’s my point.  Out with the old dresses to make way for the new dresses.

It’s a good point. Smiley
From my perspective, I have jewelry from old exes that I occasionally wear. I don’t see the point in not keeping any of these gifts. Same goes for things given to me by friends who have since drifted out of my life. I’m just not sentimental about stuff. Receiving gifts doesn’t rate as a love language need for me although I understand and appreciate that some people in my past and present like to give gifts. Oddly, perhaps, I like to give gifts occasionally as well. Just not excited about the reverse.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 pm

docnash14 wrote:
albean99 wrote:

I don’t get Becca.

i may be inaccurate but it was my understanding that the show/designed intended to allow Becca to keep the dress of her choosing.  When, however, Arie asked her which one she liked the most and Becca answered "all of the them" Arie decided to purchase the others for her out of his own pocket.  Don't know about the shoes or jewelry.
I’d forgotten this, but that’s accurate, @docnash14.  

For the skeptics out there, Zoe confirmed to ET that Luyendyk really did buy the gowns for Becca 
https://www.etonline.com/bachelor-arie-luyendyk-jr-spills-chemistry-becca-first-one-one-date-exclusive-93627

alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:19 pm

docnash14 wrote:
albean99 wrote:

I don’t get Becca.

i may be inaccurate but it was my understanding that the show/designed intended to allow Becca to keep the dress of her choosing.  When, however, Arie asked her which one she liked the most and Becca answered "all of the them" Arie decided to purchase the others for her out of his own pocket.  Don't know about the shoes or jewelry.

That's correct, Arie did buy the gowns, plus out of all the NL jewellery she got, she got to keep the earrings.

https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/arie-luyendyk-jr-becca-kufrin-bachelor-150866
https://www.etonline.com/bachelor-arie-luyendyk-jr-spills-chemistry-becca-first-one-one-date-exclusive-93627

He then gives her the rose and reveals she gets to keep the effing Neil Lane diamond earrings
After Becca's tried everything on, Arie reveals she can keep it all (!!!).
For the skeptics out there, Zoe confirmed to ET that Luyendyk really did buy the gowns for Becca -- he certainly can afford it. The race car driver and real estate agent is worth a reported $4 million.

I'm all for getting rid of evidence of past relationships, I've done it and not kept one single item that had anything to do with it, but for me it doesn't have to be in a ruthless  manner by smashing  items with a sledge hammer. I can't compare this to a home renovation, at all. I have a hard time throwing out left over food, never mind ruining perfectly good items, together with aggressive actions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71478

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Becca also does atypical (for the show) things like meeting up with Joe in Chicago and even going to Vegas to meet up with 3 former Bachelors when the slot machine has nothing to do with Bette.
I didn’t feel I knew much about who she was during the Bach so there is likely more character revealing to come.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 49 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #6

+92
nikikass
Sarahjoh5
Billysmom
bleuberry
CHO
mtnlvr55
BohemianNika
Al
sparkler
Fermont girl
mindless