SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 50 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:03 pm

XQZME wrote:I don't see what the big deal is if Garrett chooses to take a different career path.

My son was accepted to med school after undergrad.  He chose to take a break from school and was a minor league umpire for five years.  The travel/hotel life wore him down so he decided to take a year of refresher classes as he had to take the mcat again.  
He was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma right as he was accepted to med school again.  After treatment he decided he didn't want to see the inside of a hospital every day for the rest of his life. 
Instead of medicine, he became a project manager and went back to school for a third time for his dual MBA in project managing and information technology.

People change careers all the time...more power to them! yes

@XQZME I get your point but, I would never compare Garrett’s apparent willingness to get a different sales job in a new market to your son’s amazing academic and career achievements even in the face of adversity. IMO your son is awesome. Garrett is just claiming to be flexible. No comparison, IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:12 pm

@chgohighlife ITA! WOW ! @XQZME very impressed that your son was following his own path and still came out on top after such life changing challenges. Kudos to you and your husband as well for instilling the confidence he needed to go through it all. yes
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:15 pm

@Chgohighlife ... I don't know Garrett personally, so I am going to believe what he says to Becca during their conversations.  Time will tell whether or not he was being honest.  I am an optimist, so I choose believe Garrett would move to the moon and back to support the woman he loves achieve her goals.

Last edited by XQZME on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:18 pm

I don't really see the big deal with Garrett saying that. I thought it was actually kind of cool, since this show is so low-key sexist and it's always assumed the girl will be the one moving. Not everyone defines themselves by their careers. For many, it is simply a job, a paycheck, and they get joy out of their families and friends and their hobbies. If the issue is that people think he's just saying that in order to win a competition and will back out of it the second filming ends (pulling a Whitney, I suppose), I think only time will tell. I do see Garrett as someone who so badly wants a wife and kids, he'll do whatever to make it happen. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:54 pm

I don’t see either moving to either home town ... I see them heading to LA and trying to cash in on their few minutes of infamy laugh out loud

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:56 pm

northernviewer wrote:I don’t see either moving to either home town ... I see them heading to LA and trying to cash in on their few minutes of infamy laugh out loud

So pretty much like everyone else....

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:56 pm

northernviewer wrote:I don’t see either moving to either home town ... I see them heading to LA and trying to cash in on their few minutes of infamy laugh out loud

Let's hope not! They both seem to really enjoy nature and the simple things so let's hope they don't!

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:23 pm

wishesfireworks wrote:

Let's hope not! They both seem to really enjoy nature and the simple things so let's hope they don't!

This won’t be the first time LA acquired Beverly Hillbillies. I’m really hoping they do re-locate.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:28 pm

Sprite wrote:

So pretty much like everyone else....

Many do move yes ... not all want that life though. I think Blake and Jason are too normal and serious for her and wouldn’t be so open to walk away from their life to the instability of LA and Bach nation lifestyle. JMHO

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:44 pm

facelessblood wrote:*edit*If you have an opportunity to be continually challenged and work in an environment where you can succeed who the hell cares if you've graduated with an associate's, bachelor,'s master's, and/or doctoral degree. We don't know what one experiences and struggles with in the two or four (or more) years to earn that degree.

And to me, the difference between Blake and Garrett declaring their love is that Blake and his overly suspicious accelerated timeline is doing it to be the "first" one. IMO

Just like you have an opinion about the difference between Blake and Garrett others have the right to state their opinion on the level of education for the contestants, that's who cares.

I don't recall reading any comments that Garrett is saying all the right things to win. IMO he is all in with Becca. He is the last person that I would speculate that he is well prepared on what to say to win the girl. I can hardly understand what he's trying to say. He IMO is not prepared or scripted at all other than a couple of PI's where it actually looked like he was having a hard time reading a script.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:12 am

SFoster wrote:Garrett graduated college with a degree in "General Studies".  I didn't even know colleges offered a degree in General Studies. General Studies are usually 101 Freshman classes, so what courses does one take to get that degree?  Also, Garrett was shaking his head when he waved to Becca as she left the tent - very strange, almost like someone with a tic. To point out these things is mean ordinarily but in light of everything else we know about him (sm likes and 2 month "marriage", the Dumb and Dumber video, his childish and unintelligent speech), I think it all adds up to a man waving multiple red flags.  JMO

IMO a 4-year degree in General Studies is the degree you get when you can't or won't meet departmental demands for a given major, i.e. in Biology, Chemistry, English, History, Business, or any number of other fields. Majors require the completion of certain courses and some electives with at least a "B" grade. So I'm going to infer that he attended college for four years with something like a "C" average. I personally would be completely uninterested in having him as a consultant in any operating room where I'm having surgery. But I'm fussy like that.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:29 am

Maybe he is their delivery boy after all, not their rep. Just delivering the merchandise ordered with the actual knowledgeable rep. JMO ? He does not seem very passionate about that job no matter what it is...
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+74
Teamee
Chgohighlife
Mia_Leoni
Norcalgal
MVMom39forever