SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 51 of 51 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 49, 50, 51

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:26 am

Astrobach wrote:Maybe he is their delivery boy after all, not their rep. Just delivering the merchandise ordered with the actual knowledgeable rep. JMO ? He does not seem very passionate about that job no matter what it is...
No one will ever make me believe that the Garrett on my tv screen could ever do the job in that job description. I’m sorry. The people who do those jobs are often people who fell just short of getting into med school not because of poor grades or MCATs but because there are so few slots. Technical medical equipment reps are generally considered and compensated a step or two above pharmaceutical reps. In my experience, like many top tier pharmaceutical reps, they generally have solid science backgrounds - anatomy, chemistry, physiology, biology so that they have a grasp and a proven mastery of the level and complexity of material they will encounter in training. The training is generally challenging for the hiree and expensive for the company because they cannot consult with medical professionals in an operating room, during or before a procedure with only surface knowledge. You’re not selling tongue depressors. While some companies look for marketing degrees, MBAs or other business-related disciplines instead of the sciences, only a moron would hire a General Studies major for one of those slots. Anything can happen in life and if Garrett had a highly technical job like the one described, anything did. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by XQZME Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:32 am

Amethyst wrote:
SFoster wrote:Garrett graduated college with a degree in "General Studies".  I didn't even know colleges offered a degree in General Studies. General Studies are usually 101 Freshman classes, so what courses does one take to get that degree?  Also, Garrett was shaking his head when he waved to Becca as she left the tent - very strange, almost like someone with a tic. To point out these things is mean ordinarily but in light of everything else we know about him (sm likes and 2 month "marriage", the Dumb and Dumber video, his childish and unintelligent speech), I think it all adds up to a man waving multiple red flags.  JMO

IMO a 4-year degree in General Studies is the degree you get when you can't or won't meet departmental demands for a given major, i.e. in Biology, Chemistry, English, History, Business, or any number of other fields. Majors require the completion of certain courses and some electives with at least a "B" grade. So I'm going to infer that he attended college for four years with something like a "C" average. I personally would be completely uninterested in having him as a consultant in any operating room where I'm having surgery. But I'm fussy like that.

Actually, a general studies degree is not a cake walk degree. 

My kids have friends who couldn't decide what they wanted to major in so they chose a general studies degree. They got to take a broad range of classes that interested them instead of being pigeonholed into a specific major.  When my son in law was in med school, there were two med students who were general studies majors in undergrad.  

Like Lauren during Arie's season, I don't think Garrett is comfortable in front of cameras.
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:29 am

XQZME wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
SFoster wrote:Garrett graduated college with a degree in "General Studies".  I didn't even know colleges offered a degree in General Studies. General Studies are usually 101 Freshman classes, so what courses does one take to get that degree?  Also, Garrett was shaking his head when he waved to Becca as she left the tent - very strange, almost like someone with a tic. To point out these things is mean ordinarily but in light of everything else we know about him (sm likes and 2 month "marriage", the Dumb and Dumber video, his childish and unintelligent speech), I think it all adds up to a man waving multiple red flags.  JMO

IMO a 4-year degree in General Studies is the degree you get when you can't or won't meet departmental demands for a given major, i.e. in Biology, Chemistry, English, History, Business, or any number of other fields. Majors require the completion of certain courses and some electives with at least a "B" grade. So I'm going to infer that he attended college for four years with something like a "C" average. I personally would be completely uninterested in having him as a consultant in any operating room where I'm having surgery. But I'm fussy like that.

My kids have friends who couldn't decide what they wanted to major in so they chose a general studies degree. They got to take a broad range of classes that interested them instead of being pigeonholed into a specific major.  When my son in law was in med school, there were two med students who were general studies majors in undergrad.  

Like Lauren during Arie's season, I don't think Garrett is comfortable in front of cameras.

General Studies degrees in med school. I commend them. That’s a 90 degree learning curve for sure but, brilliant people can learn anything with the right review courses IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:18 am

Such interesting conversations about degrees and jobs I had to scroll back pages to figure out all that was facts!  I know more about medical device companies than I could ever type, the good the bad and the ugly, the education requirements, the personality requirements for success, etc.  It's my life basically.  Any sales rep for that company (or any medical device co) would need to be intelligent, out-going and confident, but not ego driven.  To be a successful sales rep you need to be sharp!  Like Garrett or hate him, it's tough to knock his career, IMO. Both are fortunate enough to be college educated IMO.  A General Studies degree can be where a student creates their own degree by combining various components of different majors such as business, kinesiology, and psych. for example to meet their future goals.  Most colleges have these programs now and it doesn't necessarily mean anything less than a BS or BA degree.  

.  Both are luck to be educated and appear to be extremely successful for their ages.  IMO
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:56 am

Well said @Minney    yes

I have read that Garrett's major was Community Health Science at Univ of Nevada which tells me he is working in his chosen field as a Consultant, Distal Extremities Surgical Technology.

JMO.

Minney wrote:Such interesting conversations about degrees and jobs I had to scroll back pages to figure out all that was facts!  I know more about medical device companies than I could ever type, the good the bad and the ugly, the education requirements, the personality requirements for success, etc.  It's my life basically.  Any sales rep for that company (or any medical device co) would need to be intelligent, out-going and confident, but not ego driven.  To be a successful sales rep you need to be sharp!  Like Garrett or hate him, it's tough to knock his career, IMO.  Both are fortunate enough to be college educated IMO.  A General Studies degree can be where a student creates their own degree by combining various components of different majors such as business, kinesiology, and psych. for example to meet their future goals.  Most colleges have these programs now and it doesn't necessarily mean anything less than a BS or BA degree.  

Both are luck to be educated and appear to be extremely successful for their ages.  IMO
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am

MiniDiva wrote:Well said @Minney    yes

I have read that Garrett's major was Community Health Science at Univ of Nevada which tells me he is working in his chosen field as a Consultant, Distal Extremities Surgical Technology.

JMO.

If that's true, then his B.S. is in either Kinesiology or Public Health, both of which make a heck of a lot more sense than General Studies, given his employment.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 am

Minney wrote:Such interesting conversations about degrees and jobs I had to scroll back pages to figure out all that was facts!  I know more about medical device companies than I could ever type, the good the bad and the ugly, the education requirements, the personality requirements for success, etc.  It's my life basically.  Any sales rep for that company (or any medical device co) would need to be intelligent, out-going and confident, but not ego driven.  To be a successful sales rep you need to be sharp!  Like Garrett or hate him, it's tough to knock his career, IMO. Both are fortunate enough to be college educated IMO.  A General Studies degree can be where a student creates their own degree by combining various components of different majors such as business, kinesiology, and psych. for example to meet their future goals.  Most colleges have these programs now and it doesn't necessarily mean anything less than a BS or BA degree.  

Both are luck to be educated and appear to be extremely successful for their ages.  IMO

@Minney Not sure what you read but, the commentary about education has nothing to do with Blake, IMO. This is just the calm before the storm when millions of viewers who are unspoiled realize who Becca chose and what  many people believe his SM likes say about him and about Becca’s choice of him, as well as what her reaction and future decisions say about her. IMO with her choice of Garrett, she wades into the middle of the issues. People are right and people are wrong but passionate either way.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:42 am

Not that it matters to me, but for the sake of sleuthing and my curiosity, what is the fact? Does Garrett have the degree in general studies or community health science? And where’s the proof? Inquiring mind wants to know.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:44 am

sdmom wrote:Not that it matters to me, but for the sake of sleuthing and my curiosity, what is the fact? Does Garrett have the degree in general studies or community health science? And where’s the proof? Inquiring mind wants to know.

His athletic profile on the University of Nevada website from his senior year lists his major as community health sciences. I think they would know...

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 am

@havadrpepper thanks and I found it!

https://nevadawolfpack.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=195
Personal
Community health scienes major...

So where did that ‘his degree in general studies” come from? We spent pages of discussion on something untrue?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:54 am

Did have to laugh that whoever wrote that blurb doesn't know how to spell sciences though...

Of course, proofreading is a lost art these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:58 am

Chgohighlife wrote:
XQZME wrote:
Amethyst wrote:

General Studies degrees in med school. I commend them. That’s a 90 degree learning curve for sure but, brilliant people can learn anything with the right review courses IMO.

These days, the majority of med/dental schools have up to half of their class with degrees outside the science field.  They look for well rounded individuals, and a particular degree doesn't determine one's aptitude to be a good doctor/dentist.
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 51 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 49, 50, 51

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 9 - July 23rd - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+74
Teamee
Chgohighlife
Mia_Leoni
Norcalgal
MVMom39forever