SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

KJshow - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:06 pm

AllAboutLove wrote: if Carlin was the Bachelor she doesn't think he'd pick her for F1 at all. And TBH, I don't think he would either. I understand he's F1 and all that but I don't believe he'd pick her outside of this show/bubble or the shoe was on the other foot.

Yes. Exactly this. :yes:
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

KJshow - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:34 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Timm in a different shirt. LOVE the words on his shirt. Totally Timm! I like that he's not cookie cutter and the typical model/F45 trainer type. It's gotten boring seeing those types over and over again. Nice to see some different blokes cast this year with bachelor Matt, too. 

I could not agree more @AllAboutLove :yes: It's a shame they didn't cast even more guys like Timm IMO, both as entertainment value for the audience and as F1 options for Angie.  So many guys this season were obviously MoT and a waste of a spot IMO.

@Bobette yeah I have really enjoyed him and he's far from perfect but I like that he is just genuinely himself, even as Angie herself said, the one she trusted the most, the most honest. However, I think I've realized that the Bette leads will never choose a guy who is more acting like a lad or seen as "fun" or rather, more accurately, not seen as the more 'serious' type. Honestly it's a disservice when I think about it and it really plays into stereotypes about masculinity and what it means to actually be "ready" for a relationship. I recall even Matty J being seen as a lad and prankster type and not as serious and ready to "settle down" when he was a contestant. Thing is, that was his personality which hasn't changed at all and yet he's a father now. This idea that a guy has to be all serious acting and what's considered "manly" and means he's ready for a relationship and that it will be a success is rubbish imo. Carlin himself is still married from a failed relationship. And yet he gets defended by sm and men who aren't seen as "serious" acting as him get bashed for it and told they're not ready or to be taken as seriously when they're not about to be divorced! I really wish there'd be more contestants cast who don't fit that usual stereotype. I do think it's harming and there's many a man who can be funny and silly and all that and yet be totally committed and have a healthy and successful relationship. jmo

I. Really I agree Great post! There are many varieties of personalities for men and in each genre can be found some good loving, caring humans that are willing to find a good companion. Being silly or even ‘too much’ for some can be just the right balance needed for others. And many ‘ serous’ looking to settle down ‘ types are caught cheating later on because they were ‘too serious and needed some fun. I think it’s clearer for men than woman that the expectations of the guys is more narrow. If that makes sense
JMO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:36 pm

***Reminder*** This forum is for discussing opinions, which includes speculating about anything show related as per forum rules. No one's speculation is "irrelevant" or should be implied that what they are discussing is irrelevant to any outcome. A warning has been posted before and that members can post as they want about anything show/contestant related. No member should be dismissing opinions as "irrelevant" or implying that discussion is irrelevant. If something is posted about and disagreed with but cannot be responded in a respectful manner, then it's best to refrain. No one should be policing someone else's comments when they are within the rules to post about contestants and the show, speculation included. What is not allowed is anything implied negatively towards other members. Please keep posts within the rules. This is the second reminder posted. Thank you Smiley
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:21 am

AllAboutLove wrote:The AU show has long been turned into the US show imo. The only difference imo is that in Australia it's not as easy to become an influencer from this show like it is with the US (bigger market, audience, far fewer followers, more opportunity and bigger money for US contestants, etc). That's why those from the Aussie franchise who keep their jobs do so out of necessity imo, not because they are "above" becoming an influencer. They have no choice but to keep their jobs (even those who quit their job like Abbie has done eventually have to go back to getting a job unless they get other tv opportunities like IACGMOH etc). The leads with the most followers (Sophie, who is a celeb and not typical lead and Sam Frost) are the only ones who hit the 500K IG followers mark. That number is on the very low end for US contestants, and very low for leads. It's why I don't praise any contestants for going back to their jobs. I guarantee that if they were able to pull in millions a year like US contestants they'd be shilling day and night rather than working a 9 to 5 :yes:  jmo

@LotsofLove    :Welcome

Wait Abbie quit the job she only started end of July? Wow, bad look.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:31 am

Abbie moved to Sydney. Trying to get more exposure

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:38 pm

HOLY COW!   affraid

The Fig Tree Restaurant in Byron Bay burned down on Saturday morning, several months after Angie Kent filmed scenes for The Bachelorette there.

Fire and Rescue NSW Station 243 Byron Bay were called to the blaze at 3:15am, and said in a statement the 'cause of the blaze is currently under investigation'.

Last year, The Bachelor couple Sam Wood and Snezana Markoski got married at the luxury spot, with it proving popular among influencers and reality stars.

'Due to the intensity of the blaze the iconic Fig Tree Restaurant could not be saved,' Fire Rescue NSW said in a statement on Saturday.

KJshow - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 LsWYro0

KJshow - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 JYUBDaB

Source

I wonder if the US series were planning to film there...  You may want to note this, @Aunties_Love
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:26 pm

@Bobette. Carlin himself is still married from a failed relationship. In an IG post Carlin says “married at 27, divorced at 30”. So, he’s not still married. (I don’t know how to bring the post over to here)

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:25 pm

@Bobette wow, how sad.

Thanks for the mention of the US filming.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:20 pm

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote: if Carlin was the Bachelor she doesn't think he'd pick her for F1 at all. And TBH, I don't think he would either. I understand he's F1 and all that but I don't believe he'd pick her outside of this show/bubble or the shoe was on the other foot.

Yes.  Exactly this.  :yes:
I thought Carlin said he wouldn't be on the show if it wasn't Angie. I got the feeling he went as specifically for her as did Ryan.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:51 pm

Just Looking wrote:
Bobette wrote:

Yes.  Exactly this.  :yes:
I thought Carlin said he wouldn't be on the show if it wasn't Angie.  I got the feeling he went as specifically for her as did Ryan.

Yes you are correct - he did say that.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:58 pm

I very much doubt Carlin went on specifically for Angie - AFAIK the only contestant who applied after Angie was announced as Bette was Ryan, and it has been reported that TPTB fast tracked his application because they knew Angie was interested in him.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:33 am

Bobette wrote:I very much doubt Carlin went on specifically for Angie - AFAIK the only contestant who applied after Angie was announced as Bette was Ryan, and it has been reported that TPTB fast tracked his application because they knew Angie was interested in him.

Yep I don't buy that Carlin went on for Angie at all.

Ciarran in Bondi today. From Facebook in the public comments section of a Pedestrian TV article:
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3053150294714397&id=100000583689897&set=p.3053150294714397&source=47&ref=m_notif¬if_t=comment_mention
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
dolcimumma
mbl
Norcalgal
Vjeff
Just Looking
Kas_256
xostargirlxo
Myachardydayz
ReneeM
Finch
Kindnesscounts