SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by jlccaz Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 am

This show historically matches two people who mostly have in common the willingness to sign the contract and be documented for television. And then the "experts" seem like they back into points of compatibility that are embarrassingly vapid, like they both go to church, or like/want family. Why don't they just match people who like a good hot dog on the 4th of July. Or they "match" due to weaknesses or traumas the "spouse" should actually be working on in a bona fide therapeutic relationships. I think AJ was cast for being easy to trigger (on camera), for example. And then they picked a wife.

SO many of the people are not ready or perhaps suited to marriage, much less marriage to a stranger under extreme pressures of documentation. The list is legion and speaks for itself.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by nuts2uiam Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:54 pm

jlccaz wrote:This show historically matches two people who mostly have in common the willingness to sign the contract and be documented for television. And then the "experts" seem like they back into points of compatibility that are embarrassingly vapid, like they both go to church, or like/want family. Why don't they just match people who like a good hot dog on the 4th of July. Or they "match" due to weaknesses or traumas the "spouse" should actually be working on in a bona fide therapeutic relationships. I think AJ was cast for being easy to trigger (on camera), for example. And then they picked a wife.

SO many of the people are not ready or perhaps suited to marriage, much less marriage to a stranger under extreme pressures of documentation. The list is legion and speaks for itself.

Another thing I find interesting is that after this season there is not one of the original experts left. I thought it was bad when couple did not hit it off, but hey it happens. But when that woman was matched with the insane guy Ryan, I really started to doubt the credential of the so called experts. Now this Luke and Kate and A.J deal really makes me wonder if your method wouldn't yield better results.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorelei Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:11 pm

How did they miss the red flags on Luke?
He did this show to be seen, he is cruel and is playing with Kate.
Unless he got the worst edit in the history of reality TV, I'm stumped!
Lorelei
Lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:45 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:
jlccaz wrote:This show historically matches two people who mostly have in common the willingness to sign the contract and be documented for television. And then the "experts" seem like they back into points of compatibility that are embarrassingly vapid, like they both go to church, or like/want family. Why don't they just match people who like a good hot dog on the 4th of July. Or they "match" due to weaknesses or traumas the "spouse" should actually be working on in a bona fide therapeutic relationships. I think AJ was cast for being easy to trigger (on camera), for example. And then they picked a wife.

Another thing I find interesting is that after this season there is not one of the original experts left.  I thought it was bad when couple did not hit it off, but hey it happens.  But when that woman was matched with the insane guy Ryan, I really started to doubt the credential of the so called experts.  Now this Luke and Kate and A.J deal really makes me wonder if your method wouldn't yield better results.

Who were the original experts? Anyone remember?
Just curious.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1880

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooby Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:04 pm

Stephanie and AJ and Keith and Kristine are staying married.

Jasmine wanted to stay married and Will wanted to divorce.

Kate and Luke both wanted to divorce.

Scooby

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:46 am

So there's talk of Luke's possible gayness on the reunion show?
provenceguy
provenceguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:18 am

provenceguy wrote:So there's talk of Luke's possible gayness on the reunion show?

That's what I heard in the brief clip at the end. Wouldn't surprise me though either way...gotta be true to yourself.

BUT, if Luke is gay or even thought he might be gay, why would he do this show?

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:20 am

Scooby wrote:Stephanie and AJ and Keith and Kristine are staying married.

That's what I predicted would happen. Surprised Will wants a divorce maybe they worked things out for the reunion though. Super glad Luke and Kate decided on divorce. Kate deserves someone who will actually get along with her and love her for her.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 8367-910 MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 I_got_13 MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 E5kqdm15 MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Iluvbachette Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:58 am

Linds911 wrote:
Scooby wrote:Stephanie and AJ and Keith and Kristine are staying married.

That's what I predicted would happen. Surprised Will wants a divorce maybe they worked things out for the reunion though. Super glad Luke and Kate decided on divorce. Kate deserves someone who will actually get along with her and love her for her.

I think Kate was turned off from the beginning after the remark Luke made about the kiss. I don't blame her. He kept sending mixed signals. What I sense out of it. Is the only time they had sex was when they both had been drinking. So it doesn't seem like the affection was there at any other time. I know Pastor Cal was disappointed in him from the beginning. After Kate told him about the comment. I would of been also. I wish a hair stylist would do something with Kate's hair. I hate that it is hiding her face and all combed over like that. She's a cute girl and it doesn't do her justice I don't think JMO. Not surprised about Jasmine and Will. She seemed to fixed on long term goals. Even though he said he would make money at teaching sports. That wasn't her idea of long term income. And it seemed like a second job to me for him any way. Stephanie seemed like a good person I'm not to convinced that AJ is though. Keith and Kristine make a cute couple. But she has got to adjust to his work schedule. She doesn't like him sleeping during the day when she is up. That is one thing she will have to get over. His life is work, schooling and her. But he can't be at her beckon call when ever she wants. Not with his type of work and sleep habit.

Iluvbachette

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:35 pm

provenceguy wrote:
nuts2uiam wrote:

Another thing I find interesting is that after this season there is not one of the original experts left.  I thought it was bad when couple did not hit it off, but hey it happens.  But when that woman was matched with the insane guy Ryan, I really started to doubt the credential of the so called experts.  Now this Luke and Kate and A.J deal really makes me wonder if your method wouldn't yield better results.

Who were the original experts? Anyone remember?
Just curious.

Answering my own question....I had a distinct memory of Dr. Pepper having been on all seasons, and per Wikipedia, this was the case:

"The series features three couples, paired up by relationship experts, who agree to marry when they first meet. For the first three seasons, the experts were clinical psychologist Dr. Joseph Cilona, sexologist Dr. Logan Levkoff, sociologist Dr. Pepper Schwartz, and humanist chaplain Greg Epstein".
provenceguy
provenceguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorelei Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:57 pm

So Dr. Pepper is out next season??

Now I know why Luke's mother made the comment, "They are making a mockery of marriage". She knew her sons preference already.
Kate will find her mate, she should be relieved to be rid of him.

Will never had that feeling for Jasmine, you could tell. He seems very low energy, maybe he just was checked out already. She wanted a provider and he didn't want to be her provider, it was for the best to cut your losses.

Keith and Kristine may be successful, I hope so.

I see an implosion with Stephanie and AJ coming, not a good fit.
He isn't frustrated, he gets ANGRY, call it what it is, he has anger issues.
Run Steph, run.
Lorelei
Lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEyesHaveIt Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:03 pm

This is such a good summary of the reverse engineering that seems so obvious.

I enjoyed watching Keith this season, and Stephanie seems like such a beautiful person. Maybe they should have been matched -- after all, they're both human beings, and that should be enough to form a lasting relationship, right?

TheEyesHaveIt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Season 8 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+13
Scooby
Jackenzo
LoveDovez
nuts2uiam
TrishB