SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 4th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelor - Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 4th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 4th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by SFoster Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:56 am

oh and we had Elan put in a cameo appearance - his last chance to do that! Like Hitchcock, laugh out loud!

SFoster

Back to top Go down

bachelor - Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 4th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 4th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Well, we finally got a "most dramatic ever" episode that lived up to the hype. That was hard to watch and I felt so bad for both of them. Cassie's dad really messed her up and I'm not buying what he told her. Yes, it's possible to fall in love right away but it's apples to oranges when comparing his relationship vs Cassie & Colton. She didn't have the luxury of dating someone exclusively and their time was much more limited. That planted the doubt that she should already be sure about her feelings instead of the reality that the relationship really starts post-show. I also blame the emphasis on engagements. It seems to me that you lose good people because of it, like Elise and now Cassie. I'm sure they can get equally dramatic outcomes without that.

I do think that Cassie would have stayed after Colton said what he did about dating if not for her dad planting the seed of doubt. That's what happens when TPTB plays with their emotions for ratings. They got a big payoff this time so I'm sure it's not going to end anytime soon. I will say that what we saw felt raw and real and it makes me want to watch how it turns out. dizzy

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15324

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:49 pm

SFoster wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:
Aria wrote:
lleyki wrote:Admittedly I've not really watched a lick of this season so my interpretation may be completely off but honestly, I see Colton madly into Cassie and Cassie "likes" Colton. And I don't think that like is strong enough for even a relationship much less marriage.

And all her "conflict" is really based on that. She likes him but that woman is not in love with that guy and she's struggling because she doesn't want to just say that. This whole thing reminds me of the scene in Jerry Maguire when Renee Zellwegger's character says to Tom Cruise's character, "I have a great guy and he loves my son and he sure likes me a lot."

And that was the issue. That he liked her, thought she was a great woman, a great mother but didn't love her. That's this situation, IMO. Cassie likes Colton, probably thinks he's a great guy that would make a great boyfriend but she doesn't love him. That's the crux of this whole thing. He wants her more than she wants him.
Spot on. I think that's why this freak out started this week, because she's realizing she might win and this might be a long-term (not even an engagement, but an outside girlfriend/boyfriend thing) and she doesn't want that. She likes the guy, thinks he's great on paper, even loves him as person. but she knows there's something missing and he isn't what she wants. 

I see Colton as a total Des, as I remember her saying the same thing to Brooks that she had been in relationships before she never got the love back that she gave. I think Colton will find his "Chris" one day, but until he does, he won't realize that when it's right, you don't have someone to convince to love you. 

IMO.

I wonder if the light bulb went off in Colton's brain about who the 3 ladies meant when they said there was still people there that wasn't ready and the remark about being the next Ette????  If not, It's spelled CASSIE, Colton..... I believe those rumors now. She was never gonna let him choose her...I think her and the other big C had it in mind if they spayed long enough they could be the next Ette.......If Cassie had said I don't know one mare time, I would have screamed YES, you do!!!

Yes, It seems like Colton did understand that the other women were right about Cassie.  I'm even wondering if  he was testing her.  He was going to send her home at F3 but then maybe he felt this was a chance to test her, to see what she would say when he told her he was choosing her.  He was suspicious last week because she wouldn't say how she felt, then her dad wouldn't give a blessing, then her dad comes all the way to Portugal to talk to her. Like maybe his gut told him Cassie was not that into him but why was she still on the show (boing light bulb).  If this was Colton's thought process, he's a freakin' genius.  He knew this would ruin her chance at B'ette (which he might have felt she really wanted). Plus his producer was probably telling him stuff, too.  And he thought this would make really great tv, which he also wanted to do. So he put her to the test and she epic failed, and this is why Colton was pissed!  He didn't cry, he didn't get that emotional during the ordeal, he was pretty calm and measured compared to Cassie, who put on the performance of her life. Even early on, right at the beginning, he asked her if she was planning to leave.  (He just KNEW it! Hah the girls were right! Pissed!)  He even groveled and offered her a chance to date. She wanted none of it, just wanted to go home and never see him again.  She was upset too because obviously no B'ette gig for her - that was blown.

This article came out last night and  it brought back memories of Des's season, big time!   https://people.com/tv/the-bachelor-colton-underwood-opens-up-cassie-randolph-departure/  The last lines say ---- Still, Underwood says the show will go on.

“You’ll see a very important conversation I have with Chris Harrison and with my dad that plays an important role moving forward,” he says. “It’s definitely emotional.”

When Brooks left, RS kept saying he was going to come back that last episode of the finale.  But Desiree continued on with Drew and Chris. This made me wonder (which I have been wondering now for a week) if he continues on with Hannah G.  Yesterday, we find out Hannah B is going to be next B'ette. Of course, it would be a spoiler to announce Hannah G as next B'ette.  But we see Cassie come back.  But Colton is wise about her. Cassie left - remember she said but you have two others?  She didn't think her leaving would be that traumatic because he still has Tayshia and Hannah G.  But she thought, well I can't be B'ette so I would be willing to be a power couple with Colton. And he will do anything to keep me. So she went back to try PLAN B!!!  But Colton is onto her now. ANd this is why he tells Hannah G, with lots of tears, I'm not going to be anyone's backup plan.  Could be.  The thing is there is a proposal. He says the spoiler is wrong. Cassie comes back - how could she when she didn't even want to date, how could she be ready for a proposal?  This is the same set up as Des's season.  When we know very little about that last episode. RS says he dumps both girls and it looks like it but maybe not.  Lot of question marks about next week. I think it would be so great if he were engaged to Hannah G. That's all!

But we now have photographic proof that Cassie and Colton are together in Mallorca.

But I do think your idea has some merit if we didn't know that they made it to Mallorca.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:59 pm

Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:25 pm

bachelor - Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 4th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 D03zCxFU0AAl2NX
✩ Lexa ✩ @virgobiitch
have you seen our man #TheBachelor pic.twitter.com/8ca9FTIwg9
https://mobile.twitter.com/virgobiitch
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Jason Tartick @Jason_Tartick

This episode of #Thebachelor is a damn roller coaster and I am not mentally prepared for it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jason_Tartick
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:24 pm

albean99 wrote:Well, we finally got a "most dramatic ever" episode that lived up to the hype. That was hard to watch and I felt so bad for both of them. Cassie's dad really messed her up and I'm not buying what he told her. Yes, it's possible to fall in love right away but it's apples to oranges when comparing his relationship vs Cassie & Colton. She didn't have the luxury of dating someone exclusively and their time was much more limited. That planted the doubt that she should already be sure about her feelings instead of the reality that the relationship really starts post-show. I also blame the emphasis on engagements. It seems to me that you lose good people because of it, like Elise and now Cassie. I'm sure they can get equally dramatic outcomes without that.

I do think that Cassie would have stayed after Colton said what he did about dating if not for her dad planting the seed of doubt. That's what happens when TPTB plays with their emotions for ratings. They got a big payoff this time so I'm sure it's not going to end anytime soon. I will say that what we saw felt raw and real and it makes me want to watch how it turns out. dizzy

:claphands He messed her up bad. She's determining love on her parents expectations of love. She has to find out what is hers. Her father should have advised her on the engagement only. What she need to do is think and meditate on why she can't let go of him. She told her father she didn't want it to end, why is that, she needs to ask herself and she may get her answer. In my opinion if you're lingering and don't want to leave, your feelings are deeper than you realize.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:24 pm

Yeah, her father gave really bad advice. You don't have to KNOW after a third date, especially on a reality dating show. Colton realised this, he didn't expect her to be in love with him. Added, different people work in different ways, just because your parents have one kind of love story doesn't mean yours will be a carbon copy of theirs. It's perfectly fine to date, and not be in love immediately. Jmo.

I don't think there was some conspiracy going on though. Cassie was unsure, the producers preyed on that, and how Colton deserves someone who's sure now. Her dad was easy to talk to flying over, and Cassie ended up being even a bigger mess. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Sharleen wrote:Anyway, I have Colton to thank for not only letting me relive my favourite film from my high school years, but for also giving us one of the REALEST reality television moments we’ve ever witnessed. (Yes, I’m speaking for all of us.) This was like the 2.0 version of Brooks leaving on Desiree’s season of The Bachelorette, however, instead of a final 3 frontrunner leaving and our lead ending up quite happily ever after with one of her other men, it’s tough to imagine Colton finding that same happy fate after he outright admitted Cassie was *it.* And just like that, in those excruciating minutes where we watched Cassie try to cry and Colton all but beg for her to stay, I forgave him for all his sins. Sure, he’s been all over the place this season, putting too much stock in rumours and repeatedly fueling the girl drama flames, but last night showed us why the other side of that same coin redeems him: he may not be suave, but he is wholly authentic and incapable of being anyone but himself. Just as he was incapable of sitting on and filing away a rumour, he wasn’t able to contain his desperate pleas to change Cassie’s mind, even if revealing his feelings for her would pretty much dig his own grave. There wasn’t a stitch of affect to his desperation. Call me sentimental, but I had full-blown goosebumps and tears watching him.
As for Cassie, I’m torn. On one hand, her dilemma shines a much-needed light on how unrealistic and even unhealthy the strict rules and timeline of this show are. She’s utterly normal for not being 100% sure about a relationship still in its infancy and with a man who’s had other girlfriends the entire time. It’s messed up that the format of a show (a show that is literally almost as old as she is!) would make her feel like there’s something wrong with her for feeling otherwise.

On the other hand, the way Cassie went about her departure left me doubting just how torn she really was. First, as someone who left because I couldn’t see myself getting there, let me just say say: When you know, you know. As in, when you know you can’t fall in love with a person and potentially marry them, you know. And remember, a mere two weeks ago, she angrily and emphatically shot down those “not ready” rumours—rumours which now appear to have been true. (Remember when she called Kirpa “an idiot” about it?) The timing and execution just feel off, as though she was just telling him what he wanted to hear until she didn’t want to be there any longer. Either that, or she was defending herself against those rumours as a knee-jerk reaction, even though it would have been far more ethical to be honest (or at least somewhat honest) when confronted specifically about them. Both scenarios really make it more about her image than Colton’s feelings, and really, neither one is a good look.
Further, just about every word out of Cassie’s mouth during this scene was about her. Instead of seeming remotely heartbroken (or even all that upset) over Colton’s evident heartbreak, or at the very least apologizing, she just said, “I don’t think I’ve ever been so conflicted in my entire life.” To her producer, she said, “I didn’t think it would be this hard,” and, “I don’t know what to say.” Where was her concern for this man she’d just claimed to love? In response to Colton’s “I love you”s and his insistence that an engagement wouldn’t be a requirement, there were no moments where she seemed reciprocal or even all that moved by his obvious efforts. She was a broken record of “I don’t know”s, something which, frankly, is a cop-out. (She did know or else she wouldn’t be leaving.) The cherry on top was—after he pleaded, cried, and literally shook with anguish—as he finally said his last goodbye, she had the gall to ask, “Are you mad at me?” Overall, it felt like she was distraught by how hard this was for her, not by how immeasurably more difficult it was for the person she claimed to care about, nor by how cruel she’d been for letting things get to this point. Two things stood out to me about her based on this scene: She is young—far too young to consider a lifelong partnership with someone anytime soon—and has definitely never had her heart broken.
I don’t have predictions based on this episode because I don’t feel we have the information necessary. Not only has my big frontrunner—the woman I’d bet on since day one—left, we’ve also only seen two-thirds of the overnight dates. After last night, I can’t help but think Colton shouldn’t choose anyone. (Can you imagine him proposing to Tayshia or Hannah G and then her watching Cassie’s departure on TV?!) The side of me that has warmed to Colton is wholeheartedly rooting for him—I genuinely hope he finds a personal happy ending, regardless of whether or not it’s in love.
and more here: https://www.flare.com/bachelor/the-bachelor-season-23-episode-9-review/
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:45 pm

@Maddy thanks for the post! Sharleen nailed it.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:51 pm

And I don't agree with Sharleen in this instance. Jmo. Imho the "When you know, you know" imho doesn't work in bachelor scenario, and many times in real life. Jmo.
Added, that Cassie did say, how she wanted Colton to get all he wants, with a woman who's insanely in love with him. I don't know what that is but thinking about him. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:36 pm

I usually would agree with Sharleen but I think she is missing some key points in the Colton/Cassie "break up."  She failed to mention Cassie's father's role in what happened plus she failed to mention the Bachelor bubble/producer antics (which she often does).
I think if Cassie was that self absorbed in that conversation with Colton, the goodbye would have been a little easier for him. He would have just said "see you later, maybe you aren't the girl I thought you were."
He knew the producers and father messed with Cassie's head and he was more angry with them, not her so much.
I do agree with Sharleen though, in that Cassie comes off as very young. Then again, many of this season's contestants did.
JMO...

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 4th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
lorijbaker
AllAboutLove
just me
limoncello
philphan