SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 12th - ATRF - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 12th - ATRF -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 26 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 12th - ATRF - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by northernviewer Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Doats wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:Imho Colton's dad asking it is completely different, because he asked out of concern for Colton, Kelly asked just to be edgy and in order to mock Colton, imho. And then to accuse Cassie of dangling a carrot in front of him, when in fact imho she did the exact opposite. Imo Kelly just came across rude and mean. Jmo.

@Cocoasneeze
Kelly is likely just jealous. MANY years ago, like Cassie - Kelly was a fresh-faced, blue-eyed, blond, very beautiful and sexy young woman in love. She is well preserved to be fair but, she’s middle aged. Cassie is a sore reminder.  hehehe  laugh out loud

Cocoasneeze, I will not disagree with you on jealousy part but would like to add that Kelly, to my mind, came across today as rude and snarky in addition to being jealous. I just feel that if you are the host that is not the best way to encourage others to come on your show and allow themselves to be interviewed (mocked?). I generally don't watch Kellyer as I consider her to be full of "fluff comments" but wanted to watch how Cassie and Colton handled her snarkiness. Ultimately I think they did a good job of maintaining their dignity.

I don't know what her problem is with the Bach... so she doesn't like the show... big whoop.... how about just being professional and not being rude to your guest. she doesn't do that to anyone else.... when they have guests .. they brush up on what they're there promoting.... movie.... tv show .... a song... a book ... whatever... it's just common decency IMO to be courteous and welcome them to their show. She didn't make the show look bad, didn't make Colton and Cassie look bad... she made herself look like an azz.... putting people down doesn't have the desired effect they intend it to... only one who looks bad is the insulter ... not the insultee laugh out loud

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 12th - ATRF -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 26 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 12th - ATRF - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Jolena Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:42 pm

Sprite wrote:
Relalou wrote:
Sprite wrote:
pbmax wrote:
Sprite wrote:
pbmax wrote:I guess he should tell them to stop asking him that but then he would be considered rude...he's damned if he do and damned if he don't.

No. He should just answer and stop playing coy. By doing that, he gives them a reason to continue asking. It is rather attention seeking to me....and hence immature.

He's basically saying it's between him and her, question answered. I would call that mature. Is he going to act like a school boy and tell all his business on tv. JMO

I agree it is between him and her, but then don't play with the coy little smile. Either answer or say it is between us....No suggestive little coy smiles. As I said, attention seeking and immature.

again, it is a question of perspective, you seek immaturity and I see grace and tact.  It is different to talk about one's own choices and then to discuss details that implicate someone else.  Cassie shared that she already was worried about some reactions to her sexuality from her circle when on her one on one date with Colton.  I think he is trying to be sensitive to her need for privacy.  He is being a gentleman and there are far too few of them represented on tv these days.  And this is of course JMO.
\

I'm sorry, but I don't in any way see it as being graceful or tactful when people ask him the question...he just puts on a suggestive grin. That is just begging for them to keep asking. Nor is it any way protecting her, because by doing so he is suggesting that they have. Yes, it is nobody's business and they shouldn't be asking, but he put it out there so now there is no going back and trying to be coy about it. Sucks to be her because for the moment at least, she is stuck with this dolt and the uncomfortable situation he has put her in. I would love to hear from daddy dearest...and yes, I know he has spent time with them watching the show...but that doesn't mean he likes it.

He was open and honest about it but they made it a bigger deal then what they should have . jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:13 am

Jolena wrote:

He was open and honest about it but they made it a bigger deal then what they should have . jmo

They always do. That is part of the game. He practically begged to be the bachelor and now he has to deal.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:14 am

Sprite wrote:
Relalou wrote:
Sprite wrote:
pbmax wrote:
Sprite wrote:
pbmax wrote:I guess he should tell them to stop asking him that but then he would be considered rude...he's damned if he do and damned if he don't.

No. He should just answer and stop playing coy. By doing that, he gives them a reason to continue asking. It is rather attention seeking to me....and hence immature.

He's basically saying it's between him and her, question answered. I would call that mature. Is he going to act like a school boy and tell all his business on tv. JMO

I agree it is between him and her, but then don't play with the coy little smile. Either answer or say it is between us....No suggestive little coy smiles. As I said, attention seeking and immature.

again, it is a question of perspective, you seek immaturity and I see grace and tact.  It is different to talk about one's own choices and then to discuss details that implicate someone else.  Cassie shared that she already was worried about some reactions to her sexuality from her circle when on her one on one date with Colton.  I think he is trying to be sensitive to her need for privacy.  He is being a gentleman and there are far too few of them represented on tv these days.  And this is of course JMO.
\

I'm sorry, but I don't in any way see it as being graceful or tactful when people ask him the question...he just puts on a suggestive grin. That is just begging for them to keep asking. Nor is it any way protecting her, because by doing so he is suggesting that they have. Yes, it is nobody's business and they shouldn't be asking, but he put it out there so now there is no going back and trying to be coy about it. Sucks to be her because for the moment at least, she is stuck with this dolt and the uncomfortable situation he has put her in. I would love to hear from daddy dearest...and yes, I know he has spent time with them watching the show...but that doesn't mean he likes it.
According to Cassie, daddy dearest likes Colton, they've spent time together, and there are no issues. Both families have been supportive according to Cassie and Colton. Same like Cassie and Colton have done couples' dinners with Cassie's sister and her boyfriend.

Cassie is an adult woman, who willingly went on the show, started dating Colton, and is still dating him. Imho to suggest, that she's somehow forced to be with him, that she has no choice in the matter, just imho isn't right.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:28 am

@Cocoasneeze I never said she is forced to be with Colton. That doesn't mean she didn't feel pressured...by the other women in the house, her father, producers and yes, even Colton. She herself has said she doesn't do well under pressure. She may be happy with her choice now, but at the time it was clear she felt a ton of pressure and expectations. Same with saying dad is fine with things now. Easy to say. Doesn't mean it's the truth. I'd really like to hear it from him...although even he may feel the pressure to back off somewhat since he also received some backlash for his behaviour.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:43 am

@Sprite ok, I took your comment about Cassie unfortunately being stuck with Colton at the moment, to mean that she doesn't have free will in the matter. 

We all saw what Cassie did under that pressure to get engaged, from the producers, the other women, the show. She bolted. She left. Imho had she felt uncomfortable with reuniting with him, she would've bolted again.

imho it was actually interesting to see Cassie meet Colton's family. She clearly wasn't comfortable meting them yet, but she was brutally honest with them, very clear where she stood, no pretences. And before they met, she had a moment of panic, and I thought the little conversation we saw, Colton and her talked it through nicely. 

I personally take Cassie's word, that her father is supportive and likes Colton over a little snippet of produced TV show. Colton and Cassie actually said, that the meeting with Cassie's family went really well. The same with Colton's family. I don't for one minute believe, that all she met were stern faces, who barely said a word to her. I believe both meetings were highly edited to fit the story line. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:02 am

@Cocoasneeze For me it is a given that everything is highly edited to fit the story line. I take that for granted. Unfortunately, with Colton being such a willing puppet throughout Becca's season and again on BIP, I just don't buy that all of a sudden, he developed balls and went rogue on everybody and it all magically worked out perfectly. That is just a little too convenient for my taste. I'm not saying that he didn't feel all those emotions...he isn't that good of an actor...but, I think there was way more producer assisting and manipulating of Cassie and him to get him those results.

I guess I am just too cynical about this show to take things at face value. That is why I always like to wait to see how things shape up post season before really investing myself with any of these people and even then, there are very few that draw me in enough to truly like or dislike them. I'm Switzerland. I straddle the fence between fans and haters and generally like to think that I am pretty objective. Hugesmile

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:49 am

@Sprite
I agree with you there. Imho, like you said, Colton nor Cassie are that good of actors, so I buy their happiness and intention to make this work long term. Imo at this point it's the "watch the feet" time, and Colton and Cassie's actions match their words. No one knows what happens in the future, but Imo Cassie and Colton seem to have a stable, good ground to make it. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:58 am

I don't think for a minute that the fence jump and Colton running off was set up by the producers/CH. I do think they hoped that bringing in Cassie's dad would cause drama but not necessarily that Cassie would leave. I developed more respect for Colton when he went and told the other women that he couldn't proceed with the show because of his feelings for Cassie. He could have taken the "easy" way out by proceeding but he would have lost his chance with Cassie.

I have no reason to doubt that Cassie's dad & family support her relationship with Colton. All her dad seemed to want was for her to be sure about her feelings and it appears that she is now. I have no idea is they'll make it but don't give their odds as being any worse than most of the recent couples despite what happened. In some ways they might have an easier time since she doesn't have to watch him being conflicted in the end between two women. I guess we'll just have to see, but I wish them well. Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 12th - ATRF -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 26 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 pm

I think that they actually wanted Cassie to opt out. Why else bring her dad there? Of course they did not foresee Colton’s reaction, they just wanted Hannah as F1 because she was ready to get engaged. We actually saw CH trying to push Colton in that direction even after the gate jump.
Yes, he had been their puppy all the way to that point. That’s exactly why they underestimated him IMO.

Makes you wonder what if. What if Colton had given in to CH’s persuasion, continued with the two remaining women and proposed to Hannah?
First of all, the fence jump wouldn’t have been aired. It would have been kept secret – until 2 days before the finale when RS revealed it.
Hannah would have been miserable after finding out, and Colton would have had regrets for not following his heart. Engagement: Doomed.
Cassie would probably have been edited as a clear frontrunner all season, and the online hatred and bullying would have been twice as bad.
All JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:54 pm

blueblues wrote:I think that they actually wanted Cassie to opt out. Why else bring her dad there? Of course they did not foresee Colton’s reaction, they just wanted Hannah as F1 because she was ready to get engaged. We actually saw CH trying to push Colton in that direction even after the gate jump.
Yes, he had been their puppy all the way to that point. That’s exactly why they underestimated him IMO.

Totally agree and that's exactly why they brought her father to Portugal. And also totally agree that they wanted Hanna G as F1 and were pushing Colton in that direction (for an engagement). That's where / why Colton told Hanna G "It was supposed to be you". He shouldn't have said that and IMO she misunderstood the implication of the word "supposed" - it was production pushing not his heart leading. This would absolutely not be the first time that production tried to get the lead to pick who they wanted instead of who the lead wanted and in some past situations they've been able to pull that off.

blueblues wrote:Makes you wonder what if. What if Colton had given in to CH’s persuasion, continued with the two remaining women and proposed to Hannah? First of all, the fence jump wouldn’t have been aired. It would have been kept secret – until 2 days before the finale when RS revealed it.
Hannah would have been miserable after finding out, and Colton would have had regrets for not following his heart. Engagement: Doomed.
Cassie would probably have been edited as a clear frontrunner all season, and the online hatred and bullying would have been twice as bad.
All JMO

Again I think you're right. For at least all those reasons and probably some more an engagement to Hanna G would have been doomed no matter what Hanna would have done - Colton's heart just wouldn't have ever been with her.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:08 pm

blueblues wrote:I think that they actually wanted Cassie to opt out. Why else bring her dad there? Of course they did not foresee Colton’s reaction, they just wanted Hannah as F1 because she was ready to get engaged. We actually saw CH trying to push Colton in that direction even after the gate jump.

Makes you wonder what if. What if Colton had given in to CH’s persuasion, continued with the two remaining women and proposed to Hannah?
First of all, the fence jump wouldn’t have been aired. It would have been kept secret – until 2 days before the finale when RS revealed it.
All JMO
I agree with all of this. Imo they were pushing the engagement idea on Cassie too, that's also one reason she felt so pressured to get there in time. They convinced her, that if she wasn't ready to get engaged and was still unsure by FCD, she should leave. And in flew her father, reinforcing this idea. And as Cassie didn't want an engagement, and left, they tried to persuade Colton to go for the second option, who was ready to get engaged. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 12th - ATRF - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+44
SFoster
maryl
Linds911
albean99
Emeralds